Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House approves Trump impeachment Resolution

BrooklynGuy

I see the latest off Broadway play has rapped up in DC ;)

House approves Trump impeachment resolution, paving way for public hearings

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-approves-trump-impeachment-resolution-paving-way-for-the-start-of-open-hearings-153013481.html

Meanwhile in the really important news:

World Series flasher Lauren Summer congratulates Nationals on title

https://nypost.com/2019/10/31/world-series-flasher-lauren-summer-congratulates-nationals-on-title/

• Haha 1

Re: Lauren Summer... ahhhh...  censored?

• Haha 1

At Pelosi and Democrats... That was fast. Why didnt they do that a long time ago?

I can only see it helping their cause in the long run. Especially if they get a few Rs to throw in.

OK... now to check out who voted how....

Edit: from link in OP...

232-196 

That's probably what could be expected... all Rs vote no. All but 2 Ds vote yes. Hardly surprising. I got to hand it to those two Ds... they got brass ones...

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

The republicans just announced in their presser after the fake vote that in the actual inquiry they are going to call Schifty as a witness, I can't ******* wait :sk :lol:

20 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

The republicans just announced in their presser after the fake vote that in the actual inquiry they are going to call Schifty as a witness, I can't ******* wait :sk :lol:

I think the Dems have final say on witnesses, so good luck getting them to confirm their own head of the House Intelligence Committee as a witness.

44 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I think Rep Peterson is speaking the truth here...

"If anyone thinks a partisan impeachment process would constrain President Trump, they are fooling themselves,” Peterson said in a statement last month. “Without significant bipartisan support, impeachment proceedings will be a lengthy and divisive action with no resolution.”

A completely partisan vote isnt going to convict in the Senate, and isnt going to chase Trump from office.

• Like 1

Interesting that we heard so much scuttle of Republicans flipping over on this. And yet at the vote, none flipped.

I mean, like for weeks it has been, "Cracks in the GOP support foundation". And yet, here they are monolithic...

I personally think Pelosi wants to drag this out. Maybe till June, or July, even. Because if they impeach Trump before Christmas.... Like with Mueller's report... at voting time, it will be Old News.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think Rep Peterson is speaking the truth here...

A completely partisan vote isnt going to convict in the Senate, and isnt going to chase Trump from office.

It really is a balancing act for some of these Reps, vote for it, don't vote for it, either way may cost them their seat.

• Like 1

Just now, BrooklynGuy said:

It really is a balancing act for some of these Reps, vote for it, don't vote for it, either way may cost them their seat.

And, as Pelosi has pointed out for over a year, possibly damaging to many Dems from close districts. And right now more Ds are in close districts then Rs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I can only see it helping their cause in the long run. Especially if they get a few Rs to throw in.

From what I've read of their actions, nothing has really changed, they've simply codified their dictatorship.  R's can only ask questions if approved by Schiff and if he denies their request they can appeal to a Dem committee.  Nothing has changed except the public perception that saw their actions as "unfair".  The vote to Impeach and send over Articles to the Senate seems a foregone conclusion but when push comes to shove they have several members that could lose their jobs next year by voting to Impeach.  It may be more difficult for her to get the required votes than she admits.  As to gaining R's, that won't be a problem in the House or Senate, it just won't ever be enough to remove him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

And, as Pelosi has pointed out for over a year, possibly damaging to many Dems from close districts. And right now more Ds are in close districts then Rs.

It really will be a potential problem for those who were elected in states he carried by sizeable margins in 2016.  From what I've heard, they were elected by promising to get real business done and not continuing the drama of unseating the Orange man.  I think that by the time Nov of 2020 rolls around, there are going to be a LOT of really angry, disgusted voters who have had enough of this attempt by the Left to remove a duly elected president and they're going to make their displeasure heard at the ballot box.

I think we're seeing concrete indications of the mood of the people already:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/pro-trump-super-pac-fundraising-after-impeachment-inquiry

Edited by and then
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, and then said:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/pro-trump-super-pac-fundraising-after-impeachment-inquiry

You really think a Super PAC ran by billionaires for billionaires has anything to do with "the people" huh?

• Like 2

This is interesting @Captain Risky you may have had a damn good point.

Your impeachment questions, answered

If the Senate holds an impeachment trial, do the senators have to publicly hold a vote on whether the President is guilty? Can the vote be held in private?

Article I of the Constitution broadly grants the Senate “sole power to try all impeachments” and provides that “no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two-thirds of the members present.” But the Constitution does not specify the manner in which the Senate must take that vote.  

In the absence of any specific Constitutional direction, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will have broad discretion to determine how a vote will take place at the end of a Senate trial. He may feel that if the vote is held in private, senators from both parties will be more likely to vote their true conscience and to break from party lines.     

But both precedent and politics favor an open, public vote. In terms of precedent, the Senate impeachment trials of Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton both concluded with open, public votes. And politically, it likely will be difficult for McConnell and other senators to justify anything but open, transparent, senator-by-senator voting. Impeachment and conviction are too important for senators to hide behind the cloak of anonymity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I think for Pelosi this will be a real problem of timing. When she holds the House vote could play a big part in the election. If she has it too soon, and Trump is acquitted, the whole thing may leave the collective conscious, like the Mueller Report has.

If she waits too long, then the Senate could speed try the case and give Trump a "victory", right before the election... revving up the base.

That could still happen if the House votes in the Spring, or Summer, and the Senate drags feet, to give that "victory" in late October.

Hard decision on when to have that vote.

10 hours ago, and then said:

It really will be a potential problem for those who were elected in states he carried by sizeable margins in 2016.  From what I've heard, they were elected by promising to get real business done and not continuing the drama of unseating the Orange man.  I think that by the time Nov of 2020 rolls around, there are going to be a LOT of really angry, disgusted voters who have had enough of this attempt by the Left to remove a duly elected president and they're going to make their displeasure heard at the ballot box.

Many of those who won were actually centrist moderates, who won by small margins. They definitely have to be worried. I think disgust voting can go both ways. Swing voters are more interested in what is getting done then in mud slinging politics.

10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Its a very long shot, especially since Mitch McConnell is in charge. Who knows maybe some more damning evidence comes to light and Moscow Mitch decides enough is enough and frags Trump.

Their fears are not unfounded. Recent polling shows that 30% of Republicans are in favor of an impeachment inquiry, while almost one fifth say they favor an impeachment vote. Last month, a GOP consultant said a Republican senator told him that if the vote were secret, “30 Republican senators would vote to impeach Trump.” He noted, “The politics of it will get worse and worse for Trump.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/senate-republicans-trump-impeachment

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think for Pelosi this will be a real problem of timing. When she holds the House vote could play a big part in the election. If she has it too soon, and Trump is acquitted, the whole thing may leave the collective conscious, like the Mueller Report has.

It's the opposite. She gets it over with quickly and either Trump leaves or Republicans protect him and he stays. If it's the latter, then Dems can ride the backlash all the way to 2020.

The reason Republicans had a record breaking loss in the midterms is because people were voting against Trump. Witnessing a corrupt Republican Senate refuse to convict a clearly guilty President is probably what Pelosi wants. Dems could ride such a wave for a decade or more.

• Like 3

what a waste of space the Democrats are - the 'Do Nothing' Democrats as Trump dubs them...

spending all their time playing political games persecuting their own democratically elected President...

what a farce the whole thing is... footage beamed around the globe of Nancy Pelosi with that big hammer
looking for all the world like she has the onset of dementia....

Edited by bee

5 minutes ago, bee said:

what a waste of space the Democrats are - the 'Do Nothing' Democrats as Trump dubs them...

spending all their time playing political games persecuting their own democratically elected President...

what a farce the whole thing is... footage beamed around the globe of Nancy Pelosi with that big hammer
looking for all the world like she has the onset of dementia....

You do know Pelosi isn't standing for president? 

You don't need to bring out the Hillary playbook of imaginary illnesses just yet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Setton said:

You do know Pelosi isn't standing for president? 

You don't need to bring out the Hillary playbook of imaginary illnesses just yet. 

It doesn't take a medical professional to see that Pelosi almost certainly has the onset of dementia..
and, as Leader of the House, isn't she third in line to be President if something happened to Trump
and Pence.. (I think that's right)

The American Public pay good money to employ all their representatives and deserve more that this
disfunctional display of corrupt power... 

It looks like this Impeachment nonsense is just a form of electioneering for 2020 - disguised as caring
about the country and the constitution -