Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BrooklynGuy

House approves Trump impeachment Resolution

47 posts in this topic

RAyMO
9 minutes ago, bee said:

The American Public pay good money to employ all their representatives and deserve more that this
disfunctional display of corrupt power.

They do indeed hence the impeachment inquiry. ;)

• Like 3

bee
5 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

They do indeed hence the impeachment inquiry. ;)

I shall treat that retort with the contempt it deserves.... :P

• Haha 4

DieChecker
1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's the opposite. She gets it over with quickly and either Trump leaves or Republicans protect him and he stays. If it's the latter, then Dems can ride the backlash all the way to 2020.

Well, even the most hopeful Liberal commentators are saying the Senate will not convict, so he's not leaving. That just leaves the backlash...

Backlash? Like with the Mueller report? When was the last time that made headlines? If impeachment is before March, people will forget about it. 

The reason Republicans had a record breaking loss in the midterms is because people were voting against Trump. Witnessing a corrupt Republican Senate refuse to convict a clearly guilty President is probably what Pelosi wants. Dems could ride such a wave for a decade or more.

Nope. What happened is Democrats came out to vote and Republicans stayed home. Trumps had the same approval rating of about 40% for over 3 years. His base has not changed their minds.

A decade? <Chuckle> :lol: Oh my, you do need to Expand Your Mind.

Democrats, with whom they are running, will be lucky to maintain what they have, much less make gains. Many statisticians have shown that statistically Repubmicans should surge this coming year. Unless there is a moderate or worse recession.

• Haha 1

BrooklynGuy

A tragedy for the nation – and democracy

Another day, another ­giant step on the road to ruin. Either Nancy Pelosi has lost her mind or she really wants to dig America’s grave. The vote to formalize the impeachment jihad is a great day for Trump haters and a tragedy for democracy and common sense. Coming a year before an election and without a compelling claim that the president committed anything remotely resembling “high crimes and misdemeanors,” the action is an abuse of power for purely partisan purposes. The timing is also exquisite. Voting on Halloween, and on the same day when Democratic Rep. Katie Hill took to the House floor to declare herself a victim of a double standard after she was caught engaging in threesomes with her husband and a campaign aide, the picture of a party seized by shamelessness is complete. This was the Dems’ Crazy Day — and like Hill, they don’t have the decency to be embarrassed. Some are even rallying around her. Throuple cheers for Katie! :lol: :lol:

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/10/31/goodwin-a-tragedy-for-the-nation-and-democracy/

Farmer77
1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Well, even the most hopeful Liberal commentators are saying the Senate will not convict, so he's not leaving. That just leaves the backlash...

IDK the tone is definitely changing with the polling. I think at this point very few republicans in office actually believe he didnt do anything wrong so if the polling continues the way it is they will have the political cover to vote to remove. Certainly not a mandate but enough cover to follow their consciences.

Im also starting to see another scenario where McConnell says " You know the house majority did this stuff in secret (a lie but thats what your people are going with) so WE'RE gonna do the same thing to them in the senate".   It would give the more lowbrow of the base a chance to "own" the libs and enjoy their screaming and moaning in the media while giving the senators, particularly constitutional conservatives, the ability to vote their conscience without having to explain why to those who dont care to hear the facts.

• Like 2

Farmer77
1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Many statisticians have shown that statistically Repubmicans should surge this coming year.

A headline on drudge the other day said (paraphrased) analysis shows republicans would easily be winning everywhere if it werent for "Trumpiness". 

This election is going to be wild to analyze if Barr and company allow us to have a real one.

• Like 3

RoofGardener
2 minutes ago, Setton said:

You do know Pelosi isn't standing for president? 

You don't need to bring out the Hillary playbook of imaginary illnesses just yet. 

It has to be said, Nancy Pelosi seems to have the knack of having her photograph taken whilst pulling odd faces. 

• Like 1

DieChecker
58 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK the tone is definitely changing with the polling. I think at this point very few republicans in office actually believe he didnt do anything wrong so if the polling continues the way it is they will have the political cover to vote to remove. Certainly not a mandate but enough cover to follow their consciences.

Im also starting to see another scenario where McConnell says " You know the house majority did this stuff in secret (a lie but thats what your people are going with) so WE'RE gonna do the same thing to them in the senate".   It would give the more lowbrow of the base a chance to "own" the libs and enjoy their screaming and moaning in the media while giving the senators, particularly constitutional conservatives, the ability to vote their conscience without having to explain why to those who dont care to hear the facts.

Lots of people believe he did something "wrong". The question to a Republican is if it is something worth going after. Most seem to think no.

HRC obviously did several things wrong, but we're supposed to just accept she got off, right?

I admit it may reach some tipping point though, were everyone flips on Trump and votes against him. Or otherwise abandons him. I dont think it is there yet, and I dont think what has been presented so far will be enough.

49 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

A headline on drudge the other day said (paraphrased) analysis shows republicans would easily be winning everywhere if it werent for "Trumpiness". 

This election is going to be wild to analyze if Barr and company allow us to have a real one.

It will be a roller coaster. Will the Rs running shun Trump like those Ds who ran in 2016 shunned HRC? I think those Rs, and Ds, that run on "issues" will win, while those running on Trump/Impeachment will loose.

• Like 2

Farmer77
6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

It will be a roller coaster. Will the Rs running shun Trump like those Ds who ran in 2016 shunned HRC? I think those Rs, and Ds, that run on "issues" will win, while those running on Trump/Impeachment will loose.

Yeah I worked on Bush's campaign against Kerry and "Anybody but Bush" simply made us gleeful because it was so easy to frame the opposition in terms we wanted.

• Like 2

Setton
4 hours ago, bee said:

It doesn't take a medical professional to see that Pelosi almost certainly has the onset of dementia..

Actually, it does. And you are definitely not one. 

Otherwise it's just some lunatic rambling on the internet. This is where you fit in. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Setton
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

It has to be said, Nancy Pelosi seems to have the knack of having her photograph taken whilst pulling odd faces. 

Of course it's a well known fact that doctors diagnose dementia by the frequency of funny faces observed in photos... 

• Haha 2

third_eye

The career politicians are hedging their positions, if Trump gets tossed they will just use him as a wet wipe and compound the charges with claims of being politically pressured by trump's abuse of power in office for political gains, if Trump turns a lucky spin, they come out smelling like patriots garnered with more up and ups... Win win

~

Edited by third_eye
Android keyboard
  • Like 4

RoofGardener
8 minutes ago, Setton said:

Of course it's a well known fact that doctors diagnose dementia by the frequency of funny faces observed in photos... 

Absolutely ! 

It is also a highly accurate indicator of Chronic Flatulance, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, and Licky End. (although THAT is normally only suffered by sheep). 

• Haha 1

Robotic Jew
15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Absolutely ! 

It is also a highly accurate indicator of Chronic Flatulance, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, and Licky End. (although THAT is normally only suffered by sheep). 

Licky End sounds like a fun way to spend a saturday

• Haha 2

OverSword
2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Naw, that’s just her face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Farmer77
1 hour ago, third_eye said:

The career politicians are hedging their positions, if Trump gets tossed they will just use him as a wet wipe and compound the charges with claims of being politically pressured by trump's abuse of power in office for political gains, if Trump turns a lucky spin, they come out smelling like patriots garnered with more up and ups... Win win

~

Seems like a pretty spot on analysis to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

third_eye
4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Seems like a pretty spot on analysis to me.

The house and Senate just wants to put a leash on Trump, just in case he goes nuts with the pardons when he leaves office, signing away out of spite with his sharpie like he has threatened to do on multiple occasions, if not spelled out. 

~

Edited by third_eye
Addendum
  • Like 3

bee
6 hours ago, Setton said:

Actually, it does. And you are definitely not one. 

Otherwise it's just some lunatic rambling on the internet. This is where you fit in. 

got a soft spot for Nutty Nancy have we..... :D

• Haha 1

Dark_Grey
5 hours ago, third_eye said:

The house and Senate just wants to put a leash on Trump, just in case he goes nuts with the pardons when he leaves office, signing away out of spite with his sharpie like he has threatened to do on multiple occasions, if not spelled out. 

Trump should pardon each and every person currently in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses. It's horrible that people are rotting in jail for smoking a joint while the public is now buying the stuff over the counter. Off-topic, I know, but I was triggered by the word "pardon".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Farmer77
3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Trump should pardon each and every person currently in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses. It's horrible that people are rotting in jail for smoking a joint while the public is now buying the stuff over the counter. Off-topic, I know, but I was triggered by the word "pardon".

I honestly kind of expect him to before the election. It would be smart politics. He has the religious base locked up so he doesn't have to worry about them fleeing and you can guarantee that would gain him some leftish and apolitical type voters. 

• Like 1

Dark_Grey
Just now, Farmer77 said:

I honestly kind of expect him to before the election. It would be smart politics. He has the religious base locked up so he doesn't have to worry about them fleeing and you can guarantee that would gain him some leftish and apolitical type voters. 

I'm hoping his massive ego will push him to do something universally good on the way out. Something people will always look back on fondly

• Like 2

third_eye
3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Frankly speaking, to many of the political observers over here this side of the world, what worries the whole establishment is not Sparky himself but the base of his support, those die hard trumpsters, remember, they are already in ready to answer his clarion call, to pick up arms and resort to violence against "democrats" as if they are no longer human but just a political target much less Americans, remember also that once these seeds are sown, they remain perpetually even after Trump is out, even if his clan all ends up jailed, exiled or buried in undisclosed graves.

~

• Thanks 1