Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can’t Post a Status?

Samhain

I’ve been trying to post a status today but every time I click on upload (or whatever the button says to publish your status), it just disappears. I look on my profile to see if it’s been added there, but it hasn’t. I’ve been trying to post it for about 10 minutes now, only to have no luck. I had a couple pictures in it, so I thought that was the problem so I resized the pictures and only put one in the status update. However it’s still not letting me post anything, not even a status without any pictures at all. That won’t even post. Does anybody know what the problem might be? 

Trying posting it from your profile page directly rather than from the status update sidebar on the forum board index.

2 hours ago, Saru said:

Trying posting it from your profile page directly rather than from the status update sidebar on the forum board index.

I’ve been doing it directly from my profile page, and it still isn’t working. I’m also on the mobile version of the site, so I don’t see the status update sidebar on the forum board index. 

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Can status updates be shut off? 

What, on my end? Like changeable by me? The last time I posted a status update was on Sunday, and it was perfectly fine.  I didn’t have any pictures included in the update, though I have included pictures before so I don’t see the pictures being the problem as when I just put text into the status update it still won’t let me put it through. If this helps, it seems that whenever I go back to the status update bar on my profile after I submit it, after I click inside the box to type, it tells me that the editor had saved what I posted. It saves it but it doesn’t get posted for some reason. :-/

20 minutes ago, Samhain said:

What, on my end? Like changeable by me? The last time I posted a status update was on Sunday, and it was perfectly fine.  I didn’t have any pictures included in the update, though I have included pictures before so I don’t see the pictures being the problem as when I just put text into the status update it still won’t let me put it through. If this helps, it seems that whenever I go back to the status update bar on my profile after I submit it, after I click inside the box to type, it tells me that the editor had saved what I posted. It saves it but it doesn’t get posted for some reason. :-/

I shut off my PM's before. So it's more a question if it can be done. I don't know if we can shut off our own status update or not. 

Did you happen to do anything within the setting that are right next to the status update bar? Probably only visible on the desktop version.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Samhain said:

I’ve been doing it directly from my profile page, and it still isn’t working. I’m also on the mobile version of the site, so I don’t see the status update sidebar on the forum board index. 

I'd try it without the pictures, or perhaps link to where the pictures can be found.

If you are uploading images, a status update isn't really the best place to do that.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Did you happen to do anything within the setting that are right next to the status update bar? Probably only visible on the desktop version.

9 minutes ago, Saru said:

I'd try it without the pictures, or perhaps link to where the pictures can be found.

If you are uploading images, a status update isn't really the best place to do that.

Thank you both for trying to help! I found out what was causing this mess. I had a damn emoji I was trying to use, like an Apple emoji, which I found on forums you should generally stay away from using as they are known to create glitches, so I found the cause of the problem. Lol. Thanks though! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, iridescence said:

I'm unable to post a status, there seems to be no function available for me to use it. Why? Should I reach a specific number of posts or it could be a browser thing? I am currently using Firefox.

Go to 'Edit Profile' and check the box for 'Enable Status Updates'.