Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Warren outlines financing of medicare for all

OverSword

I know it's not nice to wish people would die before idiots vote for them so I'll just post this here instead.

Ms Warren says her plan would not spend "any more money overall than we spend now", but the share spent by the federal government would increase to $20.5tn.

It would mandate that employers pay the government the same amount that they currently contribute for private health insurance for their employee.

According to her campaign, the current US health system will cost $52tn over the next decade. Economists have estimated Medicare for All's cost at between $13.5tn to $34tn in the same time frame.

"The $11tn in household insurance and out-of-pocket expenses projected under our current system goes right back into the pockets of America's working people," her plan states.

Yeah, filtered through the most corrupt and inefficient political system on the earth.  God save us.

link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You know what's really frustrating is crap like she says she will tax billionaires 6%...Do you know what that would earn?  About enough to run an airbase for a 1/2 day.  But people that think billionaires owe them a living just pick up pompoms andgiphy.gif

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I know it's not nice to wish people would die before idiots vote for them so I'll just post this here instead.

Yeah, filtered through the most corrupt and inefficient political system on the earth.  God save us.

link

Wait,, the employers pay the government for our health insurance?  No, they pay the insurance brokers who pay the insurance companies.  Then we pay our half (employoees) but non of that money goes to the government.  I do agree that Warren and Pelosi and a bunch of others are too old to be making decisions that affect the whole country.

Anyone who actually believes a Federal government can do ANYTHING of value, efficiently, is delusional at best.  

• Like 3