Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House Expects Impeachment

Grim Reaper 6

21 minutes ago, and then said:

Care to cite a piece that verifies this claim? 

Theyre going with your argument that yes it was a quid pro quo but it was a legal one.  Mulvaney previewed it for us a while back but I think they figured theyd try the process argument before having to fall back to such a weak and easily defeatable to the American people argument.

GOP senators may accept there was Ukraine quid pro quo

The pivot was the main topic during a private Senate GOP lunch on Wednesday, according to multiple people familiar with the session who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the meeting. Sen. John Neely Kennedy, R-La., argued that there may have been a quid pro quo but said that the U.S. government often attaches conditions to foreign aid and that nothing was amiss in Trump’s doing so in the case of aid to Ukraine, these individuals said.

Inside the lunch, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who ran against Trump in 2016, said a quid pro quo is not illegal unless there is “corrupt intent” and echoed Kennedy’s argument that such conditions are a tool of foreign policy.

"To me, this entire issue is gonna come down to, why did the president ask for an investigation," Kennedy, who worked as a lawyer, said in an interview. "To me, it all turns on intent, motive. ... Did the president have a culpable state of mind? . . . Based on the evidence that I see, that I've been allowed to see, the president does not have a culpable state of mind."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

Care to cite a piece that verifies this claim?  Zelinsky nor his staff knew anything about any withholding of aid when he spoke to Trump and He admitted publicly that he never felt any pressure.  These were the two individuals who actually SPOKE TO EACH OTHER.  Are we to take the opinions of people who either were listening or even further removed from the communication, over the two parties that initiated it?  REALLY?

I'm tired of trying to explain the facts here to people to whom facts simply don't matter.  Trump did nothing wrong, he will not be convicted in the Senate and, if the D's drag this country through this sycophantic attempt to follow Nancy and Chuck during our Holiday Season the Left better look forward to some devastating losses come next November.

Read the link that started this thread, that the peice you requested.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Tell me in all of my fanaticism how many other members have I ever accused of the whole ******** thing? Certainly not the most prolific conservatives on here , and then, ravenhawk, brooklynguy, merc etc etc. None have I ever even had the thought because they dont act exactly like the intelligence reports describe Russian trolls acting like bee does.

As for directly addressing your post what in the heck are you talking about? Only the most die hard Trumpians try and deny they were working in concert. Even if they werent working together they were singing the exact same songs for the exact same benefit. Im sorry you dont believe the defense professionals telling us all of this but that is the reality I was referring to. 

I'm curious. Do intelligence reports describe them as constant pro-Putin supporters no matter who they are where they come from?

8 hours ago, and then said:

Care to cite a piece that verifies this claim?  Zelinsky nor his staff knew anything about any withholding of aid when he spoke to Trump and He admitted publicly that he never felt any pressure.  These were the two individuals who actually SPOKE TO EACH OTHER.  Are we to take the opinions of people who either were listening or even further removed from the communication, over the two parties that initiated it?  REALLY?

I'm tired of trying to explain the facts here to people to whom facts simply don't matter.  Trump did nothing wrong, he will not be convicted in the Senate and, if the D's drag this country through this sycophantic attempt to follow Nancy and Chuck during our Holiday Season the Left better look forward to some devastating losses come next November.

Did you find what your looking for in the Washington Post link?

10 hours ago, and then said:

Still waiting for a reply.

17 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I make it currently five threads all with the word "Impeachment" in them. It's the new Russiagate! Or perhaps the new Brexit. A long running soap opera that never gets anywhere.

Yup... they are furiously attempting to find ANYTHING that will catch fire in the public imagination and at the same time have such a low opinion of the intelligence of Trump's base that it rules out such an outcome due to their stupidity...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Still waiting for a reply.

I'd have to subscribe to get the article and I'm not doing that.  Do you acknowledge that every piece written about that conversation by WaPo or MSNBC or CNN are OPINIONS rather than the word of the two parties that actually took part in the call?  If not then we have nothing more to discuss.  If you DO acknowledge it and still think that the OPINIONS of those merely listening to the call are more valid than the participants then I have to wonder about your thought processes.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, and then said:

I'd have to subscribe to get the article and I'm not doing that.  Do you acknowledge that every piece written about that conversation by WaPo or MSNBC or CNN are OPINIONS rather than the word of the two parties that actually took part in the call?  If not then we have nothing more to discuss.  If you DO acknowledge it and still think that the OPINIONS of those merely listening to the call are more valid than the participants then I have to wonder about your thought processes.

Then do a search on the information there are number of media outlets carrying the story. There were more than two parties involved in that call and any call the President makes. In most cases there are at least two to three others, that's where the transcript comes from.  

The information below comes from the transcript that was released concerning the phone call. This was at the bottom in small print, I made it larger.

CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty officers and NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place. A number of factors can affect theaccuracy of the record, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent and/or interpretation, The word “inaudible” is used to indicate portions of a conversation that the notetaker was unable to hear.

Edited by Manwon Lender

21 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Nah man if it were an actual defense of Trump or his actions (or even an actual conversation about the topic at hand)  it would be one thing,but its not and almost never is, its a repeated and constant pattern of thread redirection to "deep state" and "globalists" using the same talking points and terminology as the paid trolls that make me believe so. Ever notice they only show up to redirect threads when something negative has happened (or is about to happen) to Trump?

Perhaps she (they) is actually just a really out of touch human spreading propaganda on their own I just dont think so.

The Deep State and Globalists are central to what's happening in World Politics at the moment
and for the forseeable future as they continue to try to embed their long term agenda...

To omit them  and their machinations from calculations of what's going down with the continued
attacks on Trump - is leaving out the foundations of the 'problem' .... the root of the matter...

it's not 'thread redirection' ...... it's a reminder of the root of the problem - the bigger picture -

What's happening with Trump and the OTT 24/7 attacks is way WAY passed normal opposition -

• Like 3

On 11/2/2019 at 8:15 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Are you hypnotized is that why you posted to this thread? There is nothing funny or hypnotizing about this thread, I think it's pretty sad and the saddest part is that now President Trumps own party has decided to admit that quid pro quo, and the denial of military aid did occur. But the craziest part is that they are trying to sell the fact even though he did this to force an investigation of Biden and his son that there is nothing wrong or illegal about doing so. The only reason I can see that they would go this route is to throw the President under a bus. 

Now we all know how screwed up our Government is, but for these so called Republicans to take this route they are nothing but cowards trying to distance themselves from the fallout that may come. You don't have to like it Bee, but the Republican Party is imploding before our eyes.

re bolded...

I just don't think this is any where near true... and they are not going to throw Trump under the bus...
why would they when the whole impeachment nonsense is just a massive political game, wasting
time, energy and money... 

the opposite to the bolded above seems to be the reality and the Republican Party is firmly in support of him..

"IMPEACHMENT SHAM" Republicans Say Impeachment Process Is A COUP

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

Yup... they are furiously attempting to find ANYTHING that will catch fire in the public imagination and at the same time have such a low opinion of the intelligence of Trump's base that it rules out such an outcome due to their stupidity...

too true...

Nothing they have done so far has worked... and has only appealed to the confirmation bias
that already exists - it looks like they are having to settle for keeping their base shored up with all the crap
they churn out.. and (desperately) try to get Trump removed with the Impeachment Sham because they
fear he will win again in 2020.... 

• Thanks 1

CNN Guest: “President Donald Trump is as destructive a person as Hitler, Stalin, and Mao combined.” :mellow:

" He may be responsible for many more deaths in this century than they were in the last century."

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, bee said:

re bolded...

I just don't think this is any where near true... and they are not going to throw Trump under the bus...
why would they when the whole impeachment nonsense is just a massive political game, wasting
time, energy and money... 

the opposite to the bolded above seems to be the reality and the Republican Party is firmly in support of him..

"IMPEACHMENT SHAM" Republicans Say Impeachment Process Is A COUP

Hello Miss Bee, here a link that explains that Republican, are admitting that the quid pro quo and threats to with hold military aid are true, While the President still says it never happened. In addition more and more White AIDS are coming farword admitting the same thing. Since this will all be televised I suppose the American people will have to decide who is believable. But who knows what's going to happen, I will just have to wait and see.

Heres a link with the information stated above.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-impeachment-latest-republican-senators-ukraine-corruption-zelensky-biden-call-a9182076.html

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The idiot in the link didn't say more deaths than the three above combined, but it doesn't matter because he is a nut job.

Edited by Manwon Lender

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

The idiot in the link didn't say more deaths than the three above combined, but it doesn't matter because he is a nut job.

"He may be responsible for many more million deaths in this century than they were in the last century." Anyway, good to see that anything embarrassing to the Democratric cause is just shrugged aside with a "he's a nut job" when if it had been someone arguing in favour of Trump it would have been proof that all Trump supporters are nut jobs. :yes: 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hello Miss Bee, here a link that explains that Republican, are admitting that the quid pro quo and threats to with hold military aid are true, While the President still says it never happened. In addition more and more White AIDS are coming farword admitting the same thing. Since this will all be televised I suppose the American people will have to decide who is believable. But who knows what's going to happen, I will just have to wait and see.

Heres a link with the information stated above.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-impeachment-latest-republican-senators-ukraine-corruption-zelensky-biden-call-a9182076.html

Good Morning Mr Manwon...... (or is it Good Afternoon, Good Evening or Goodnight... where you are...?)

aaaanyway.... ah yes The Independent..... they are going to put that spin on the story because that's
what they do... but yes we will have to wait and see if the Democrats manage to pull this Impeachment
Malarkey off... or will it just be a muddle and dragged out for as long as possible to make it an issue
in the 2020 election....?

Perhaps President Zelensky can be called as a witness..... that would be exciting wouldn't it...? :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Katniss said:

I'm curious. Do intelligence reports describe them as constant pro-Putin supporters no matter who they are where they come from?

Well no and thats the most insidious part of it all. It becomes part of the mainstream lexicon. The difference Im identifying is between folks who it is their entire lexicon and the majority for whom it has been absorbed and become part of the normal political conversation.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Inside the Republican Plan to Deep-Six the Trump Impeachment Hearings

With the party now relatively focused, the Republicans leading the counter-impeachment campaign are taking this moment to lay out their next steps, which will continue to center on claims that the impeachment process is profoundly unfair to Trump and Republicans—and that the whole Ukraine matter was a sham to begin with

According to GOP lawmakers and aides, the party’s game plan includes calling for witnesses who could bolster their narrative and hammering away at the anonymous whistleblower whose account launched the inquiry in the first place. They’re also holding out the possibility of more tactics to disrupt impeachment—like last week’s stunt to shut down the inquiry’s secure hearing room. Lawmakers are also likely to release a report when the probe is concluded to counter the report the Democratic majority will release to form the basis for impeachment. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Katniss said:

I'm no expert on the matter B)....^_^  but it all seems a bit random and sometimes pretty hilarious -

like the Buff Bernie Coloring Book that caused a stir during the 2016 election...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hayesbrown/russia-promoted-buff-bernie-sanders-coloring-book

sub-buzz-23527-1509569553-6.png?downsize=700%3A%2A&output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&downsize=360:*

The ad was one of several released on Tuesday from the Democrats of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, which is investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

According to the ad's metadata, it cost 114 rubles, was aimed at people 18 — 65 in the US, and was clicked on by only about 54 people. Not a huge con, but enough of one.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Well no and thats the most insidious part of it all. It becomes part of the mainstream lexicon. The difference Im identifying is between folks who it is their entire lexicon and the majority for whom it has been absorbed and become part of the normal political conversation.

I didn't think so either. I can't see a Russian agent openly support Putin and Bee has constantly done so. I can't say there aren't a few on this board, but I wouldn't think they would incriminate themselves by coming to Putin's defense every time he's being criticized. Really I think Bee is a fan of men like Putin and Trump like my grandmother is. There are some women and men who are attracted to rich powerful men like Putin and Trump. They like the overconfidence these men exhibit and the way these men talk. It's like a cult following. And there is nothing you can say or prove about these men of doing anything wrong. Even if they walk out on 5th Avenue and shoot somebody in broad daylight. Just an observation from my perspective because my grandmother does the same thing and I know she's not a Russian agent. She's a baby boomer stuck in the past. That's all. :lol:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bee said:

I'm no expert on the matter B)....^_^  but it all seems a bit random and sometimes pretty hilarious -

like the Buff Bernie Coloring Book that caused a stir during the 2016 election...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hayesbrown/russia-promoted-buff-bernie-sanders-coloring-book

sub-buzz-23527-1509569553-6.png?downsize=700%3A%2A&output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&downsize=360:*

Well that is a good example of trolling where they would take advantage of someone's work like that to stir up trouble on Facebook.

39 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I didn't think so either. I can't see a Russian agent openly support Putin and Bee has constantly done so. I can't say there aren't a few on this board, but I wouldn't think they would incriminate themselves by coming to Putin's defense every time he's being criticized. Really I think Bee is a fan of men like Putin and Trump like my grandmother is. There are some women and men who are attracted to rich powerful men like Putin and Trump. They like the overconfidence these men exhibit and the way these men talk. It's like a cult following. And there is nothing you can say or prove about these men of doing anything wrong. Even if they walk out on 5th Avenue and shoot somebody in broad daylight. Just an observation from my perspective because my grandmother does the same thing and I know she's not a Russian agent. She's a baby boomer stuck in the past. That's all. :lol:

Well thank you so much Katniss for your little, simplistic psychological analysis ... :rolleyes:
Delivered as if I wasn't here to read it... 

Does it logically follow that all the Trump and Putin Detractors / Haters are wise young people like yourself...?

Trump and Putin are contemporary political leaders, not historical figures you know.. . ;)  

Edited by bee
was going to add something then decided not to :)
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2019 at 5:12 AM, bee said:

I  fully expect this to be blatant Reverse Reality...... Reverse Psychology....
especially as every single Republican House Rep. voted against the Impeachment nonsense...

Exactly...the media overplayed with all the articles.. "Republicans are jumping ship", "Republicans leaving in droves", etc, etc....its the same thing they did with the 2016 election... "Hillary ahead by triple digits", "Hillary predicted to win in a landslide"... they think they can influence the future by convincing us ...don't even try, its a foregone conclusion.

Then...in reality...Trump wins and the Republicans all stand firm. Don't they get we can see thru them and the obvious manipulations of "anonymous source" or "someone highly connected speaking off the record"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

There were more than two parties involved in that call

No, Manwon, there was NOT more than two taking part in the call.  This is inaccurate and nonsensical.  Trump was speaking directly to Zelinsky and all the others were passive listeners who took no part whatever in the communication going on between the two leaders.  I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand.  Did any of the others on the line or those who listened second hand have any INPUT in the conversation?  You are grasping at straws because you WANT the opinions they state to be given equal weight.  It's ridiculous, frankly.  It'd be like two old ladies on an old fashioned "Party Line" telephone from the 30s talking about a recipe and having 20 of their neighbors say that recipe was THEIRS.  

You can invest as much time and passion as you like in this farce but you are going to be disappointed - again.  This travesty isn't going to take him down.  If it plays out as I've heard some expect it to do, we'll be dealing with an Impeachment trial during the CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS. 

People like to slip into a relaxation mode and huddle with family and friends at that precious fleeting time of the year.  It's going to pizz a bunch of people off to have this nonsense crammed down their throats OR, it will simply be ignored and when the new year rolls in and people get back to their normal routines they'll notice the Senate acquitted Trump and Impeachment failed to remove him.  IOW he won...AGAIN.

He's making the Demedia look like the gang who couldn't shoot straight and you guys are clueless and fawning in anticipation of his fall.  Happy Holidays, Manwon ;) 

• Like 1