Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poltergeist settled in the house of a .......

macqdor

Poltergeist settled in the house of a resident of Chechnya.

https://obzor.io/2019/10/16/poltergejst-poselilsya-v-dome-zhitelya-chechni-video-23494/

The following piece appeared on the southern Russia media site Obzor on 16 October 2019.

Poltergeist settled in the house of a resident of Chechnya. Video

Clergy invited to fight “evil spirit.”

Official comments by authorities and the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of Chechnya regarding the unexplained phenomenon have not yet been made public.

The actions of the poltergeist are attributed to knocks, steps, spontaneous movements of objects, including large furniture, and fire.

What is a Poltergeist?: Understanding Poltergeist Activity

By Geoff Holder

Pyro Poltergeist.jpg

Edited by macqdor
  • Haha 2

Wouldn't it be good if there was an organization out there that tracked these outbreaks. That sent people out to investigate the house or site.

I am a believer in poltergeists from the quantity, quality and consistency of reports. 

Chechnya for crying out loud! Is there a way to get that article in English? 

Papameter reading pending. It doesn't have a Chechen interface module yet.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Chechnya for crying out loud! Is there a way to get that article in English? 

Definitely would be helpful.

• Like 1

Don't say I haven't done anything nice. 

Translation.

Poltergeist settled in the house of a resident of Chechnya. Video

October 16, 2019, 14:35

To fight the "evil spirit" invited the clergy

Information about an unexplained phenomenon occurring in the house of a resident of the village of Vashtara in Chechnya appeared on social networks and instant messengers - there furniture spontaneously lights up.

Judging by the published video, the fire set fire to a wooden bed and sofa in the house of a resident of Chechnya. To expel the poltergeist, the man called the representatives of the Islamic clergy, who read the verses from the Koran.

Official comments by authorities and the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of Chechnya regarding the unexplained phenomenon have not yet been made public.

Poltergeist is a phenomenon attributed to paranormal nature that is not associated with specific mystical creatures, such as ghosts or genies. The actions of the poltergeist are attributed to knocks, steps, spontaneous movements of objects, including large furniture, and fire.

As Obzor reported , the chief physician of the Center for Islamic Medicine working in Grozny, Adam Elzhurkaev, told reporters that he personally had expelled hundreds of genies who tortured them from the possessed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, macqdor said:

Use Chrome browser.  Chrome browser will automatically or ask you 1st if u want the foreign page translated to English. 

@papageorge1

Ahha, A poltergeist can't hide from the old Papameter that easily once I install Chrome on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macqdor said:

Use Chrome browser.  Chrome browser will automatically or ask you 1st if u want the foreign page translated to English. 

@papageorge1

That's what I did. Translated with no problem.

So these are muslim clerics being brought in. They call things like this genies. Can't translate the instagram post though. The pictures speak for themselves. They believe a genie caused the furniture to burst into flame.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

As Obzor reported , the chief physician of the Center for Islamic Medicine working in Grozny, Adam Elzhurkaev, told reporters that he personally had expelled hundreds of genies who tortured them from the possessed.

I knew I heard of these jokers before....

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-49795987

@susieice   

• Thanks 4

A partial definition would include exactly 0 poltergeists ever having been confirmed to exist lol.

• Like 2

What is the point of this thread? Last time a thread of this nature was posted it was closed because it was like this thread - without discussion topic.

• Like 1

Reading some of these comments from afar I can't help but be blown away by the level of ineptness .  There's so much to discuss in the article i.e. URL provided.    Too much to discuss actually.   But you guys can't because you've built this white picket fence around your belief system i.e. world view.   And that is why you can't come up with a discussion.    The discussion is here right here in front of you but you can't see it because in your world (world view) which is "poltergeist aren't real. "    The theme I get from some of your responses. Can be summed into two bullet points

• poltergeist aren't real. They don't exist
  • reported cases are a bunch of BS.

That mentality prevents you from having a discussion.   Let me try to help you. Here's sound advice (its up to you to follow it).

#1 Try asking a question?

#2  1st and this is important.  Try suspending your current belief system for the duration of this post. Pause it. 

#3  Think hypothetically where poltergeist are concerned e.g.  pretend temporarily that some (not all) of the cases being reported throughout time

are real.

#4 Re-read the article above without your skeptic hat on. Turn off the filter (two bullet points above) embedded in your psyche and ask questions or offer a thought experiment.

Here's a potential discussion question(s).  

1. What parts of the world are pyro poltergeist cases being reported the most?
  2. Is there a relation between remote countries and cases being reported?  If there is. Why?

Edited by macqdor

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

Re-read the article above without your skeptic hat on. Turn off the filter (two bullet points above) embedded in your psyche and ask questions or offer a thought experiment

It isn't a case of skeptic vs non skeptic, it's a case of having a different opinion to yours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but for a civil discussion both sides need to respect that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, macqdor said:

#2  1st and this is important.  Try suspending your current belief system for the duration of this post. Pause it. 

You want people to avoid being rational?

You want people to avoid applying critical thinking?

You want people to not enjoy this as yet another fictional tale?

You want people to fall for your laughable hoax?

This thread is like a thread which begins with no comments or thoughts from the OP but is just a video.

Frankly I see no reason to waste anytime watching a video that is not introduced or reading a link that is not introduced.

@Still Waters

I totally agree.  Respect and stay on topic.

There have been several reports of poltergeist outbreaks over the years ( a few posted ) in this community.  I believe the number of outbreaks erupting has something to do with geography, and the ultimate belief of that part of the world.

It seems certain regions of the world have more deadly outbreaks.

I'm studying to know why while entertaining other thoughts and theories.

One of the main reasons people take a prosaic event and make it "special" in some way is their belief system.

This is often seen here where there are online challenges and people see or hear different things mainly due to their belief systems.

EVPs is a good example of people hearing words in white noise after they are told what is being stated.

One of the main reasons people take a prosaic event and make it "special" in some way is their belief system.

This is often seen here where there are online challenges and people see or hear different things mainly due to their belief systems.

EVPs is a good example of people hearing words in white noise after they are told what is being stated.

one of the things your referring to is confirmation bias.

the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

every human being is victim of it.   Not every EVP is paranormal.  Some are.

Just takes one EVP to be real to impact any debate about the legitimacy of spirit voices. 

Ref.

http://www.angelsghosts.com/evp_classification

http://www.assap.ac.uk/newsite/articles/Analysing audio EVP.html

and for the record I hate the term EVP (electronic voice phenomena) I prefer unexplained, voices on electronic devices) who after review and vetting is discovered no cause of voice being present can be found.

I want to be very clear here, as Moderators we are not taking sides here. As Still Waters said

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

It isn't a case of skeptic vs non skeptic, it's a case of having a different opinion to yours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but for a civil discussion both sides need to respect that.

As for posters offering up rational discussion, it might pay for some to look back on their posts and reevaluate their opinions on what constitutes a discussion.

And always remember nobody is forcing you to read or reply to a topic.

• Like 1

Actually I am referring to something that is NOT confirmation bias. You should look up terms before you use them.

I am referring to belief systems and how belief systems taint responses to events. That has been the case in all of the overseas cases.  The Zim case is where people expect magic to be at work. A simple hoax simple needs to rely on the witness to think of magic to fool them.

So far not a single EVP is anything other than nothingness. People hear things that are not there. Words that are not there. Or they misinterpret prosaic sounds. If there were even one real case it would be amazing news. But so far zilch.

So what sort of belief system do they have in that part of the world? Would it lead to all sorts of odd ideas? You bet.

The head doctor at the Islamic Hospital in Grozny claims to have personally expelled hundreds of jins.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

I am referring to belief systems and how belief systems taint responses to events. 

People are typically stuck in their own reality tunnel.

• Like 1

So far not a single EVP is anything other than nothingness. People hear things that are not there. Words that are not there. Or they misinterpret prosaic sounds. If there were even one real case it would be amazing news. But so far zilch.

thats debatable and can't be proven.  You've not heard every EVP in existence.   No one has.   Some where in a forest (the world over) a tree just fell down.  No human was there to witness it.   .  A sound was made - whether human ears was present to hear it or not. A tree fell down and all the noise associated with it falling. Did take place.  

So what sort of belief system do they have in that part of the world? Would it lead to all sorts of odd ideas? You bet.

The head doctor at the Islamic Hospital in Grozny claims to have personally expelled hundreds of jins.

I've not completed my study of pyro-geist outbreaks.  I'm just getting started.   

My theory, AKA hypothesis as it stands now believe local religion, taboos, and geographic isolation (most of these places are hard to reach places for the avid researcher, spirits seem to be exploiting that)  play a major role in fire poltergeist outbreaks. Other subsets include

1. violent death
  2. improper burial
  3. incomplete burial and
  4. religious pressure.

Edited by macqdor