Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poltergeist settled in the house of a .......

macqdor

Individuals who experience "geist" phenomena i.e. the disappearing and reappearing of objects have already ruled out the obvious.

Everything being reported is not always paranormal and equally not Always Occam's Razor. 

In between both exists Mr. Poltergeist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

you'll never know the experience or what its like till it happens to you.

13 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Sometimes it takes one little insignificant misplacement of an item to claim it's paranormal. Seeing something it the dark while in a half-awake state, boom, demons in my house. Have a blackout drunk rage fit and wreck your home, devil made ya do it. Possessed by 40 proof spirits. 

Claiming something is paranormal is the only answer some will accept, because they are too afraid to break the illusion of belief. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Individuals who experience "geist" phenomena i.e. the disappearing and reappearing of objects have already ruled out the obvious.

Everything being reported is not always paranormal and equally not Always Occam's Razor. 

In between both exists Mr. Poltergeist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

The obvious of course is forgetfulness.

There are the daft that create really idiotic excuses as to how they were not forgetful. It is an amazing exampe of how people resort to the excuses we think of as being only in the realm of small children and the thinking of small children.

These childish excuses are sometimes used by those that desire for an excuse as to why they beat their girlfriends. "It wasn't me it was a spirit."

Only those with the thinking of a small child would fall for these excuses.

The problem with 'geisting' "IF" it happens is that it is not consistent nor seemingly repeatable. If it were it could be studied and validated as a real thing. Yet when a person who claims to have experienced a poltergeist, tell their tale and moves. Then the new residence have zero experience at all. Makes you wonder.....

Some of these current tales are either old tales ore coming from a place steeped in superstition. Which does play on the imagination. So people fill in the blanks  with whatever religious/cultural belief they have. Be it a demon or jinn, angry spirit or supposedly psychically active individual. Yet, here we are with nothing except stories.

I'm very comfortable in saying you skeptics love cherry picking articles.    You see what you want to see and ignore whats pertinent.  The author of the articles admits he doesn't particularly believe in ghosts. Most people don't until something unreal happens.  That level of unreal defies all logic and common sense.   Stop thinking you're more smarter than the person experiencing the phenomena.  Such arrogance. 

Author - I, like most folks, tend to love tales about ghosts but don’t necessarily believe they exist.

The author reveals an important characteristic about "geist" phenomena. One can I attest to.   Objects that go missing turn up in the places uncharacteristic of they should have been. 

Example - my missing car keys. Go missing for months, sometimes years only to be found later on in the freezer ice tray.    But I digress.

Author - No big deal. Until I found the missing lens a few months later — laying smack dab in the middle of the kitchen table — a surface that had been wiped down at least 100 times since the contact had gone missing.

Then there was my American Express card that went missing from the counter after I’d ordered pizza and was later discovered tucked inside the pages of a Time magazine which was located at the bottom of an old magazine rack I’d not used for years.

These instances have nothing to do with memory loss. Forgetfulness. Sleep walking or whatever Occam's Razor theory you want to throw at it.   It has something to do with spirits.  Trickster spirits aka poltergeist.

If you ever want to escalate this phenomena to something more violent.   Bring in cameras.  Start smudging and sagging.   Not only will the asport/apport activity go up.  So will other "geist" related phenomena

e.g. objects moving in thin air, loud bangs, and the appearance of objects no one in the house owns.

3 hours ago, macqdor said:

I'm very comfortable in saying you skeptics love cherry picking articles.    You see what you want to see and ignore whats pertinent.  The author of the articles admits he doesn't particularly believe in ghosts. Most people don't until something unreal happens.  That level of unreal defies all logic and common sense.   Stop thinking you're more smarter than the person experiencing the phenomena.  Such arrogance. 

The author reveals an important characteristic about "geist" phenomena. One can I attest to.   Objects that go missing turn up in the places uncharacteristic of they should have been. 

Example - my missing car keys. Go missing for months, sometimes years only to be found later on in the freezer ice tray.    But I digress.

These instances have nothing to do with memory loss. Forgetfulness. Sleep walking or whatever Occam's Razor theory you want to throw at it.   It has something to do with spirits.  Trickster spirits aka poltergeist.

If you ever want to escalate this phenomena to something more violent.   Bring in cameras.  Start smudging and sagging.   Not only will the asport/apport activity go up.  So will other "geist" related phenomena

e.g. objects moving in thin air, loud bangs, and the appearance of objects no one in the house owns.

LOL. Let's go over some of the jokes in this post.

Take this beauty: "You see what you want to see and ignore whats pertinent."  That would be you.

LOL. Here is another knee slapper of a joke.

"Stop thinking you're more smarter than the person experiencing the phenomena."

That's so ridiculous.  The person experiencing the event is in no better position to know what is happening, IF, and I repeat IF anything has happened.

Here is a big joke.

"Objects that go missing turn up in the places uncharacteristic of they should have been."

When people lose something and they don't find it right away I'm willing to bet it was not in any of the places they looked.

You'd have to be a total knot head to think otherwise.

Then again someone that places their keys in an ice tray deserves to lose them. 

Once again we have clear evidence that someone still has not learn what they ramble on about. Look at this foolish phrase " Occam's Razor theory" That is 100% proof that someone still needs to learn what Occam's Razor is all about.

• Like 1

‘We do have a noisy ghost in our house and according to Derek, it’s called Rosemary. I do believe the spirits of people linger where they were and all the time there is more evidence of poltergeists – so I assume there must be.’

EastEnders’ Barry actor Shaun Williamson is being haunted by a ghost

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/15/eastenders-barry-actor-shaun-williamson-haunted-ghost-11162533/

Get ready.  In the coming years you will see more people. All walks of life coming forth with their own personal experience with Mr. Poltergeist. Not because "geist" attacks are on the up tick.  People are becoming more comfortable, more open with stating their claims.  Society as a whole is starting to frown less and less on such claims.     Ah yes....the skeptics are losing ground.     Amen.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Society as a whole is starting to frown less and less on such claims.     Ah yes....the skeptics are losing ground.     Amen.

The skeptics have heard it all before and as before,  it is always just stories or hearsay.

Society frowning less upon such claims?  Please explain this as it is more like society have become wiser to such claims over the years.

Obviously there are still the few who are believers and  gullible and who just will not accept  actually explanations. 

We are not in the middle ages now,  but some believers would fit in well if we were.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, macqdor said:

EastEnders’ Barry actor Shaun Williamson is being haunted by a ghost

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/15/eastenders-barry-actor-shaun-williamson-haunted-ghost-11162533/

Get ready.  In the coming years you will see more people. All walks of life coming forth with their own personal experience with Mr. Poltergeist. Not because "geist" attacks are on the up tick.  People are becoming more comfortable, more open with stating their claims.  Society as a whole is starting to frown less and less on such claims.     Ah yes....the skeptics are losing ground.     Amen.

15 minutes of fame. What would really help the believers is actual evidence. 

22 hours ago, macqdor said:

80% of articles are filler while 20% are to the point. I see what is there, mostly anecdotal stories about something. Most people at least those with inquisitive minds would love to know what actually occurred. Believers just want to keep believing. Defies common sense, that is a clear sign of person bias. Don't you mean 'quit thinking you're more intelligent than the person experiencing the phenomena? Good chance some of us are. Smart enough to question a claim, smart enough to look for reasonable answers, smart enough to see a sales pitch or grasping at 15 minutes of fame. 

15 minutes of fame. What would really help the believers is actual evidence

I know not of one believer, 'experiencer' that's asking for help.   Evidence is for the skeptic. The threshold of whether "geist" phenomena has already been reached for those who experience things 1st hand.  The poltergeist phenomena  wasn't meant for 7 billion people.  Not to witness. Not to experience.   Individuals are comfortably telling their stories and revealing their experiences.   The advent of the internet / social media has made that so.  "15 minutes off fame"  that's so cliche now.  Text book dismissiveness.   Skeptics can't keep up. And thus are becoming outdated.  

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

Text book dismissiveness.   Skeptics can't keep up. And thus are becoming outdated. 

Book sales must be down. 

• Haha 1

Book sales must be down.

cliche response and irrelevant to the phenomena known as poltergeist.  In short., Ad hominem at its finest.

16 minutes ago, macqdor said:

cliche response and irrelevant to the phenomena known as poltergeist.  In short., Ad hominem at its finest.

You're boring you know. This is the same boring song and dance, one that always ends the same. Boredom truly is a burden when nothing is new and barely interesting. Nothing stimulating, just stories. Nonsensical stories that people claim as fact without solid evidence to back them up. It is almost painful how boring this is. 

Of course I expect that shortly you'll create a new thread, and I'll ask "is there a discussion here?" Then a dozen+ pages later of pointless arguing. Same thing, over and over again.

Why not just start a blog? I don't care much about the blogs. 

• Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You're boring you know. This is the same boring song and dance, one that always ends the same. Boredom truly is a burden when nothing is new and barely interesting. Nothing stimulating, just stories. Nonsensical stories that people claim as fact without solid evidence to back them up. It is almost painful how boring this is. 

Of course I expect that shortly you'll create a new thread, and I'll ask "is there a discussion here?" Then a dozen+ pages later of pointless arguing. Same thing, over and over again.

Why not just start a blog? I don't care much about the blogs. 

It's all they've got fella. They refuse to show evidence and when they do refuse. It's some bull**** answer like "you need to experience it for yourself" or "only certain people can see the paranormal". Its exceedingly tedious.

How dare we ask for scientific proof eh? Bloody materialists! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

It's all they've got fella. They refuse to show evidence and when they do refuse. It's some bull**** answer like "you need to experience it for yourself" or "only certain people can see the paranormal". Its exceedingly tedious.

How dare we ask for scientific proof eh? Bloody materialists! 

Which leads to an endless cycle of annoyance.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, macqdor said:

And yet u still come back.

Ofcourse. Surely you'd get bored of skeptics not responding to your nonsense?

Oh you're doing me a favor?  That's original. Never heard that excuse given before. LOL

Saving me from boredom lol. Nice.

Thank you. I think?

19 hours ago, macqdor said:

Oh you're doing me a favor?  That's original. Never heard that excuse given before. LOL

Saving me from boredom lol. Nice.

Thank you. I think?

You very welcome sir or madam.:tsu:

On 11/16/2019 at 8:13 PM, macqdor said:

You really should learn the meaning of ad hominem. You recently showed you are clueless about the meaning of Occam's Razor, too. Havve you finally figured out what it means?

On 11/16/2019 at 9:21 PM, macqdor said:

And yet u still come back.

It's for the laughter at the ridiculous stories, nonsensical demands, and the repeated blissful  ignorance of concepts such as Occam's Razor.

I enjoy a good laugh.

I have learned not to drink my coffee and read these threads. It turns out it is bad for my keyboard. That's something I've learned from these threads.

You really should learn the meaning of ad hominem. You recently showed you are clueless about the meaning of Occam's Razor, too. Havve you finally figured out what it means?

I know what both words mean thank you.  Occam's Razor is most of you skeptics favorite go to tool for debunking legitimate cases.  You like to exploit the low hanging fruit vs. analyze the overall case and  findings.

Ad-Hominem?   That exists here as well.   In large quantities I might add.