Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Crop circle is bright green in autumn field

40 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

MissJatti

Someone painted it green.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
13 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Someone painted it green.

A Real Estate agent told a friend of mine to have his yard painted green in the dead of winter.  It looked great...quite natural...and his home sold soon thereafter.

I think this circle is green simply because the winter grass has grown up where the stalks were knocked down.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiltedmusician

I dunno. Call me a skeptic, but until someone is actually caught out there with the whole pallet and rope spiel I�ll go ahead and disbelieve the stories.
Back when crop circles attracted top level scientists and botanists, etc. and serious research was being done, it was found that the nodes of the young stalks were heated, stretched while steaming, and then blown open when they couldn�t contain the pressure anymore. The older stalks didn�t have such youthful elasticity and so there was no stretching, just holes popped in them from trying to resist the pressure. The younger green stalks would easily bend over as they were steamed from inside while the older mature stalks would be more likely to break. They found iron powder embedded deeply into every crevice of the plants and the same iron powder was distributed evenly in a pattern that became more faint the farther you got from the visibly affected area itself. Some two hundred feet out you could still find traces of the microscopic iron powder before the tested crop was normal. This is what made the stalks magnetic as demonstrated in the original videos. Researchers would use this and other criteria to determine if a crop circle was worth further investigation or not and so they kept that information to themselves for a while to make it harder for copycats to muddy the investigation. One of the things they knew was that crops that had been affected were hardier the next year than crops that were not. Very careful tests were done on affected vs. control seeds in order to discover this.
So yeah, the overwhelming evidence is that it�s not a couple of guys with wooden pallets and some rope breaking over corn stalks as far as the real crop circles are concerned, so until they catch at least one person out there making a crop circle the way that the guys who took credit for it did, I will be skeptical. As many as there are, it shouldn�t take much longer. And yet we continue to wait.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

What’s the papa-meter reading folks? I’ve just come from a thread about the GP being a power plant so mine broke.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What’s the papa-meter reading folks? I’ve just come from a thread about the GP being a power plant so mine broke.

The Robometer says 0% paranormal...100% BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
15 hours ago, Kiltedmusician said:

I dunno. Call me a skeptic, but until someone is actually caught out there with the whole pallet and rope spiel I�ll go ahead and disbelieve the stories.
Back when crop circles attracted top level scientists and botanists, etc. and serious research was being done, it was found that the nodes of the young stalks were heated, stretched while steaming, and then blown open when they couldn�t contain the pressure anymore. The older stalks didn�t have such youthful elasticity and so there was no stretching, just holes popped in them from trying to resist the pressure. The younger green stalks would easily bend over as they were steamed from inside while the older mature stalks would be more likely to break. They found iron powder embedded deeply into every crevice of the plants and the same iron powder was distributed evenly in a pattern that became more faint the farther you got from the visibly affected area itself. Some two hundred feet out you could still find traces of the microscopic iron powder before the tested crop was normal. This is what made the stalks magnetic as demonstrated in the original videos. Researchers would use this and other criteria to determine if a crop circle was worth further investigation or not and so they kept that information to themselves for a while to make it harder for copycats to muddy the investigation. One of the things they knew was that crops that had been affected were hardier the next year than crops that were not. Very careful tests were done on affected vs. control seeds in order to discover this.
So yeah, the overwhelming evidence is that it�s not a couple of guys with wooden pallets and some rope breaking over corn stalks as far as the real crop circles are concerned, so until they catch at least one person out there making a crop circle the way that the guys who took credit for it did, I will be skeptical. As many as there are, it shouldn�t take much longer. And yet we continue to wait.

Actually, the idea of strange forces causing the bends or something along those lines is not what happens.

The difference in the places where the plants are bent is due to the moisture content of the plant. Young supple plants are easily bent.

Did you know that crop circle makers have been filmed while they made the circles? Check out this time lapse.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
3 hours ago, stereologist said:

Actually, the idea of strange forces causing the bends or something along those lines is not what happens.

The difference in the places where the plants are bent is due to the moisture content of the plant. Young supple plants are easily bent.

Did you know that crop circle makers have been filmed while they made the circles? Check out this time lapse.

 

Explain the green please. I doubt its paint, as that's the first thing that would be investigated and tested. Can't be fertilizer as the pattern is to precise. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
16 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Explain the green please. I doubt its paint, as that's the first thing that would be investigated and tested. Can't be fertilizer as the pattern is to precise. 

Like someone else said, it's just the grass underneath poking through. You can see green all over the field if you look close, it just really shows when the main blockage (crop stalks) is down and out of the way. In addition, perhaps the stalks lying down were somehow beneficial to the growing grass, making it even thicker and greener.

I suspect it would be obvious to anyone that walked out and actually investigated it, but that's not a good headline.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oniomancer
On 11/4/2019 at 5:39 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Explain the green please. I doubt its paint, as that's the first thing that would be investigated and tested. Can't be fertilizer as the pattern is to precise. 

Simple.Everything around the circle has reached peak and been hayed. Everything that was trampled down as part of the circle has had it's growth set back and is just coming on again. Notice most of the tractor paths also have some regrowth at the field margins.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year

The downed plants went to seed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
On 11/4/2019 at 5:02 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What’s the papa-meter reading folks? I’ve just come from a thread about the GP being a power plant so mine broke.

Ahh, how'd this doosy get under my radar until now. Next time put an @papageorge1 into the post when desiring a Papameter reading so I can get right to hooking it up.

Now, anyway, on the general topic of crop circles

Papameter  90% Some involve forces and sources not known to Science    10% All natural human creations

Now as to the particular one in this thread, I was a little disappointed in the amount of narrative.

Papameter   70% Involving forces and sources not known to science     30% All natural human creation

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Ahh, how'd this doosy get under my radar until now. Next time put an @papageorge1 into the post when desiring a Papameter reading so I can get right to hooking it up.

Now, anyway, on the general topic of crop circles

Papameter  90% Some involve forces and sources not known to Science    10% All natural human creations

Now as to the particular one in this thread, I was a little disappointed in the amount of narrative.

Papameter   70% Involving forces and sources not known to science     30% All natural human creation

Seriously 90% and 70%??? 

100% mentally insane!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
4 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Seriously 90% and 70%??? 

100% mentally insane!!

Idiocy knows no percentage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
6 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

 

100% mentally insane!!

Why?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwynbleidd
On 11/5/2019 at 6:21 AM, stereologist said:

Actually, the idea of strange forces causing the bends or something along those lines is not what happens.

The difference in the places where the plants are bent is due to the moisture content of the plant. Young supple plants are easily bent.

Did you know that crop circle makers have been filmed while they made the circles? Check out this time lapse.

 

I wonder how they filmed this?  The camera would've had to have been up extremely high.  The people were like miniature ants.  I thought of a drone, but it would've run out of battery sitting up there for that long.  Did the people have headlamps on to do this?  I feel like I have so many questions on how they did this and I don't mean making the crop circles, I mean how they shot the video.  Btw, I felt like I was back at a rave party with that music! Thankyou! :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
On 11/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, papageorge1 said:

Why?

Because you criticise "pseudo skeptics " for being close minded and materialistic bla bla bla, yet you constantly judge every single case on hearsay and automatically jump to the conclusion that its paranormal despite most cases are pretty explainable. 

 The papameter is so biased I cant believe it's not broken!! I actually think it's there just for pure entertainment. Do you realise that there are alot of people who make these crop circles with a plank of wood and string???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Because you criticise "pseudo skeptics " for being close minded and materialistic bla bla bla, yet you constantly judge every single case on hearsay and automatically jump to the conclusion that its paranormal despite most cases are pretty explainable. 

 The papameter is so biased I cant believe it's not broken!! I actually think it's there just for pure entertainment. Do you realise that there are alot of people who make these crop circles with a plank of wood and string???

I'll continue to wait then for an explanation as to how a plank and string can explain  a Crop circle is bright green in autumn field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I'll continue to wait then for an explanation as to how a plank and string can explain  a Crop circle is bright green in autumn field.

The green grass is showing through where the tall dead stalks that have been pushed over.

Such a hard thing to figure out.

I think every poster that does not think everything is paranormal figured this out instantly.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I'll continue to wait then for an explanation as to how a plank and string can explain  a Crop circle is bright green in autumn field.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10217151/Crop-circles-demystified-how-the-patterns-are-created.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
14 minutes ago, joc said:

A 2013 article on how one could be made naturally is not going to cut it. Especially to explain biological anomalies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

A 2013 article on how one could be made naturally is not going to cut it. Especially to explain biological anomalies. 

LOL. What biological anomalies?

Please refrain from the glittering generalities and give actual evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
22 minutes ago, stereologist said:

LOL. What biological anomalies?

Please refrain from the glittering generalities and give actual evidence.

Like the stuff by W.C. Levengood I've talked about before

The particularly pertinent passage in that link Is:

Perhaps the most significant discovery of the early BLT circle research resulted—as is often the case in science—when Levengood accidentally forgot to dispose of boxed left-over crop circle samples which had been deprived of water and light for between 10-14 days–and his observation upon re-opening the box that the circle plants so deprived were not only alive, but growing vigorously…while the controls had all died.

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Like the stuff by W.C. Levengood I've talked about before

The particularly pertinent passage in that link Is:

Perhaps the most significant discovery of the early BLT circle research resulted—as is often the case in science—when Levengood accidentally forgot to dispose of boxed left-over crop circle samples which had been deprived of water and light for between 10-14 days–and his observation upon re-opening the box that the circle plants so deprived were not only alive, but growing vigorously…while the controls had all died.

Levengood published what 3 papers? And no one else replicated his stuff and no one cites it. Of the 3 papers one was in the JSE which is a nothing journal.

What we see is that most of the extraordinary claims of Levengood are not peer reviewed and rather meaningless such as the claim above.

Some people think that if it is published it must be true. Those people don't have a clue as to how science works.

So where did you get that quote? Please enlighten us.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
22 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Levengood published what 3 papers? And no one else replicated his stuff and no one cites it. Of the 3 papers one was in the JSE which is a nothing journal.

What we see is that most of the extraordinary claims of Levengood are not peer reviewed and rather meaningless such as the claim above.

Some people think that if it is published it must be true. Those people don't have a clue as to how science works.

So where did you get that quote? Please enlighten us.

 

From Papa's link.

"Because of his wide-ranging scientific curiosity he maintained a well-equipped laboratory at his home in Grass Lake, where he pursued a variety of interests and obtained multiple patents, several relating to seed germination and vigor and the development of new plant varieties through genetic transduction. He also authored more than 50 peer-reviewed papers published in professional scientific journals, including several in the preeminent journals Nature and Science, as well as in a diverse selection of other professional publications, ranging from The American J. of Physics and the J. of Applied Physics to The J. of Experimental Botany, The J. of Chemical Physics, The J. of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Bioelectochemistry and Bioenergetics, The J. of Geophysical Research, to The J. of Insect Physiology and many others."

Doesn't sound like a crackpot to me. You're a bit too quick on the attack sometimes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.