Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman awakes to find bull in back garden

Still Waters

A woman woke up to find a bull staring up at her from her back garden.

The weighty bovine, named Arnold, smashed through a fence in his adjoining field on Sunday.

He trampled the woman's lawn in Raunds, Northamptonshire and took a nap before a farmer arrived to move him on and repair the damage.

The homeowner, who did not want to be named said although she enjoys living next to the cows she was not expecting to see Arnold at such close quarters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50288664

• Haha 3

In the house I grew up in we had a field of dairy cows next to us. It was in that field I saw for the first time a calf being born. Anyway one morning we found 2 - 3 of the cows in our back garden, that was the first time they'd ever come in. It wasn't a problem though, my dad went to the farm across the way and the farmer came and retrieved them. My dad also secured the fence afterwards where the cows had got in. To me and my brother it was all good fun :) 

• Like 1

It could have been worse.  She might have found a unicorn in the garden.  :) 

• Haha 1

I know Raunds, used to moor not far from there at Blackthorn Lakes. 

Arnold makes her bench look like a childs seat. I think he is quite cute (in a massive cute beast kind of way).

We are now on the canal and there is a field near us with cows and a bull. The public footpath goes straight through the field,  lovely when the deer pass you,  but not so much fun when the cows and bull come trotting towards you. :huh: those big beasts can run.

• Like 1

Had 4 cows trample and dumping some loads on my lawn last weekend.
Damn those cow hooves can really do some damage..
Some of the holes are 20cm deep. ZZZzzzzzzzzz