Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McKinley: State Dept politically weaponised

ExpandMyMind

According to Ambassador McKinley, Trump has been using the State Department to 'dig up dirt on a political opponent'. 

Ambassador McKinley stated that he resigned because of his concerns about “the engagement of our missions to “procure negative political information for domestic purposes” and “the failure I saw in the building to provide support for our professional cadre in a particularly trying time.”  (Page 80-81) 

I have spent 37 years being a diplomat.  Being a diplomat for the United States means supporting millions of Americans overseas.  It means supporting our companies to create jobs at home.  It means resolving conflicts that impact the United States.  It means keeping the homeland safe.  It means working with our military, the agency, all of our civilian agencies on projecting our interests and influence overseas.  It means projecting American values.  In Afghanistan I worked with three four-star generals, with General Dunford, General Campbell, General Nicholson.  I’ve worked in conflict areas the world over.  And by diplomats doing what they do overseas, they help keep this country secure and prosperous and also offer us the possibility of being linked to the outside world.  In terms of supporting our values, we’re also the front line in promoting issues of human rights, democracy, and cooperation internationally.  In this context, frankly, to see the emerging information on the engagement of our missions to procure negative political information for domestic purposes, combined with the failure I saw in the building to provide support for our professional cadre in a particularly trying time, I think the combination was a pretty good reason to decide enough, that I had—I had no longer a useful role to play.  

Ambassador McKinley “had never seen” efforts to use the State Department to dig up dirt on a political opponent “in 37 years in the Foreign Service.”  (Page 112) 

Q: I think you’ve also said that part of the reason why you decided to resign was that you couldn’t be blind to what was happening, and what was happening was efforts to use the State Department to dig up dirt on a political opponent.  Is that fair as well?  

A: That is fair.  And if I can underscore, in 37 years in the Foreign Service and different parts of the globe and working on many controversial issues, working 10 years back in Washington, I had never seen that. 

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20191104_-_mckinley_transcript_excerpts_final.pdf

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

They've got a psychic to ask the 25th President his opinion on the Great Trump Question now?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

According to Ambassador McKinley, Trump has been using the State Department to 'dig up dirt on a political opponent'. 

I do believe that there still has to be conservatives out there somehwere who put the good of the nation above all else and I cant imagine this accusation in such plain language is going to go over well with them as it has time to sink in.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I do believe that there still has to be conservatives out there somehwere who put the good of the nation above all else and I cant imagine this accusation in such plain language is going to go over well with them as it has time to sink in.

Privately it won't. Publicly they'll call it a witch hunt or another hit job by the MSM and deep state operatives. And probably lead to them shouting about how "Obama did it first!!!!"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Maybe. But Fox has spent 30 years drilling into their heads that you can't believe anything that you don't hear from Fox. It'll be difficult.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't believe there are liberals or conservatives that work in government  who put the good of the nation above all else.  

26VIEW.illo-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&

11 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Privately it won't. Publicly they'll call it a witch hunt or another hit job by the MSM and deep state operatives. And probably lead to them shouting about how "Obama did it first!!!!"

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Maybe. But Fox has spent 30 years drilling into their heads that you can't believe anything that you don't hear from Fox. It'll be difficult.

Pride is a mother****er

• Like 3

More confidence building information about the State Dept

Hannity and Fox News are mentioned at least dozen times in the 317-page transcript. He is an incredible influential voice in Trump’s orbit, acting as an informal adviser to the President and routinely using his TV platform to push pro-Trump talking points and conspiracy theories. 

Throughout Yovanovitch’s deposition, she explained how career State Department officials struggled to square official US policy with the positions being floated by Trump’s allies in conservative media, including Hannity, and John Solomon’s controversial columns in The Hill. 

• Like 4

I predict that when THIS assault ends with no removal, they'll suddenly discover another and another and... but you get the point.  The only way he leaves is when his support dries up.  Twist in the wind, baby :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I do.  There are people that have jobs and want to do a good one, and they happen to work for the government instead of a large corporation.  Like a large corporation, most of the money and opportunity to make extra bonus money is at the top.   I might have become a civilian engineer employed by the DOD and you might have been a GS19 working in risk management for the Forest Service somewhere.  There are a lot of people like us that just want to do a good job.  They are not part of the rotating political circus at the top.  If you work for the government for 30 years you get to serve under four or more administrations and you try to keep your head down and do your job.  There are way more good people in the world than crooks.

Yes, I should have specified our elected federal officials.  I think a good gauge for the accuracy of my assertion will be how long it takes Cortez to become a millionaire.  

edit:  I say that because I believe that she has good intentions and wants to change things for the better.  If that remains true she will not use her position to make more money than her salary.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

Both the State department, the intel agencies AND the FBI were weaponized and unlike the silly crap our Scot keeps posting, Durham is about ready to put some actual proof on the table.  Can't WAIT to hear the excuses as their heros get perp-walked ;) 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, and then said:

I predict that when THIS assault ends with no removal, they'll suddenly discover another and another and... but you get the point.  The only way he leaves is when his support dries up.  Twist in the wind, baby :w00t:

Indeed. It seems that no matter how many crimes might be revealed, his support will retain their religious fanaticism for the man. It's truly fascinating, from purely anthropological and sociology perspectives. The US is like a giant petri dish that's documenting the beginnings of the sort of ideologies that spawn from such hero-worshipping fanaticism. And most of it is forever recorded online. We might never get another chance to document it so closely. 

I'd just like to thank you for your vote.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Trump telling people he's getting "****ing killed" on impeachment

https://www.fark.com/goto/10609430/www.politicususa.com/2019/11/03/trump-killed-impeachment.html

That's not a very reliable source, and given the style of the article I'd be very surprised if it was written by a journalist. 

Here's a link to the original Politico article: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/03/trumps-impeachment-inbox-065058

• Like 1

Both the State department, the intel agencies AND the FBI were weaponized and unlike the silly crap our Scot keeps posting, Durham is about ready to put some actual proof on the table.  Can't WAIT to hear the excuses as their heros get perp-walked ;) 

Someone should let and then know that hacktorp has lived up to his name and is now posting his Deep State conspiracy theories from AT's account.

Late edit to add that after thinking about this I'm not sure if you realise that Barr's investigation that you referenced is actually another example of weaponizing the State Dept for political gain.

Nadler summed it up fairly well:

"These reports, if true, raise profound new concerns that the Department of Justice under AG Barr has lost its independence and become a vehicle for President Trump’s political revenge," House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said in a joint statement. "If the Department of Justice may be used as a tool of political retribution, or to help the President with a political narrative for the next election, the rule of law will suffer new and irreparable damage."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-investigation-of-russia-probe-is-criminal-in-nature-person-familiar-with-case-says/2019/10/24/ad8c71de-f6c5-11e9-8cf0-4cc99f74d127_story.html

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That doesnt sound cultish at all. 

Just to cement the picture of the authoritarianism you are so eagerly rooting on please expound on your views of the federal judiciary as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It seems that no matter how many crimes might be revealed, his support will retain their religious fanaticism for the man.

If anyone actually offers proof of crimes it might make SOME difference but you are correct, it wouldn't be enough to get rid of him.  One does not knock holes in one's lifeboat because it needs paint.  The fools here are those like yourself who, no matter how many times his special relationship with his followers is explained, refuse to listen or believe.  So rage on Cat Daddy...

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Someone should let and then know that hacktorp has lived up to his name and is now posting his Deep State conspiracy theories from AT's account.

Late edit to add that after thinking about this I'm not sure if you realise that Barr's investigation that you referenced is actually another example of weaponizing the State Dept for political gain.

Nadler summed it up fairly well:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-investigation-of-russia-probe-is-criminal-in-nature-person-familiar-with-case-says/2019/10/24/ad8c71de-f6c5-11e9-8cf0-4cc99f74d127_story.html

Pssst... the difference is that Barr and his bulldog, Durham, may be well on the way to actual arrests and trials.  Seriously, old boy, how will you explain that away?  Actual arrests and trials require this magical, mystery component that your hit squads have heretofore lacked... it's called EVIDENCE.

Be reasonable now.  For three years Trump has taken the heat, light and noise and no one who has worked for him has been arrested or found guilty for anything related to the original premise for the investigation - that'd be COLLUSION/CONSPIRACY.  NOT ONE arrest, indictment or conviction.  Every one of them was an arrest over crimes found from prior to their campaign relationship.  So, how will you explain away arrests against people in the upper echelons of the FBI, CIA or the DNI which will be brought as a result of their crimes of abuse of power or outright conspiracy to remove a sitting president?  You should be thinking that through while we wait because, after all,  you'll need to keep face. :innocent: 

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

That doesnt sound cultish at all. 

Just to cement the picture of the authoritarianism you are so eagerly rooting on please expound on your views of the federal judiciary as well.

Face it, chuckles... the hit job has failed, the King is still alive and any fool knows what that means ;)   I'll offer you the same advice I just gave our friend from the land of Haggis, find a face-saving narrative, soon ;) 

10 minutes ago, and then said:

If anyone actually offers proof of crimes it might make SOME difference but you are correct, it wouldn't be enough to get rid of him.  One does not knock holes in one's lifeboat because it needs paint.  The fools here are those like yourself who, no matter how many times his special relationship with his followers is explained, refuse to listen or believe.  So rage on Cat Daddy...

That's the thing. The proof is there and has been confirmed by multiple witnesses in testimony under oath in front of your own Congress. 

Trump is stonewalling the House investigation and ordering his people to do so. That's obstruction, clear as glass, which itself is illegal and an impeachable offence. That's a crime for which one President has already been removed from office. 

1 minute ago, and then said:

Pssst... the difference is that Barr and his bulldog, Durham, may be well on the way to actual arrests and trials.  Seriously, old boy, how will you explain that away?  Actual arrests and trials require this magical, mystery component that your hit squads have heretofore lacked... it's called EVIDENCE.

Oh, yeah, they've totally got it all under control. That's why they've been hopping around foreign governments, asking for help to discredit their own intelligence and law enforcement agencies. Which, by the way, is also weaponizing the DOJ for help in a future election and enlisting the help of a foreign government for the same assistance.

I mean, what on earth is going on that his fans can't recognise criminal and corrupt behaviour for what it is. Your party has no future after this. Not as it currently exists. This situation will be objectively studied in the future and those generations will not look kindly on those involved, including the complicit voters. It'll reduce Nixon to a footnote.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That's obstruction, clear as glass, which itself is illegal and an impeachable offence.

Like the obstruction you believed in on Russia?  You slay me, man...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Like the obstruction you believed in on Russia?  You slay me, man...

Me and anyone else whose head isn't in the sand. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

Both the State department, the intel agencies AND the FBI were weaponized and unlike the silly crap our Scot keeps posting, Durham is about ready to put some actual proof on the table.  Can't WAIT to hear the excuses as their heros get perp-walked

Won't change many of people on this thread.  A lot of us think ALL corruption in government should be rooted out, and not just in the Ukraine.

• Like 2