Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Mormon family 'massacred' in Mexico attack

53 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

Six children and three women have been killed by gunmen on a dirt road near the US border, family members have said.

All nine were part of the LeBaron Mormon family who settled in the plains and hills of Sonora state decades ago.

https://news.sky.com/story/mormon-family-massacred-in-mexico-attack-11854700

Quote

Local media say the attack could have been a case of mistaken identity.

LeBaron family members were quoted as saying a group of three mothers and their 14 children had set off in a convoy of cars from Bavispe in Sonora state and were heading to La Mora in the neighbouring state of Chihuahua.

They were ambushed by gunmen in Bavispe. A burnt-out SUV was later found by the side of the road with the remains of the victims.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-50299562

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Hate to say it, but given the current state of affairs, the ire Mormons sometimes get when proselytizing, and the history of the LeBarons- this might not have been mistaken identity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervil_LeBaron

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Hate to say it, but given the current state of affairs, the ire Mormons sometimes get when proselytizing, and the history of the LeBarons- this might not have been mistaken identity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervil_LeBaron

Wow, that's crazy! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Hate to say it, but given the current state of affairs, the ire Mormons sometimes get when proselytizing, and the history of the LeBarons- this might not have been mistaken identity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervil_LeBaron

I don't think it was. That group was vicious, militant and involved with criminals. They were going to get wiped out eventually. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
29 minutes ago, Piney said:

I don't think it was. That group was vicious, militant and involved with criminals. They were going to get wiped out eventually. 

And they made terrible cars...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Mitt Romney's grandfather started a Mormon commune in Mexico to continue practicing polygamy. He still has family down there now, living in walled compounds.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Who shoots a car full of women and children.  But they deserved it, right?  The tone of this thread.....

Rivals extracting blood atonement?  I don't know who. I am tempted to mirror the conservative approach on immigrants and say it is the parents fault for bringing them into danger.  How many times have we heard that?  But I can't go there.It is still a wrongness that has no justification in greed, politics or religion.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
30 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Who shoots a car full of women and children.  But they deserved it, right?  The tone of this thread.....

IDK about everyone else but im having trouble being too horrified because of the choice they made to put themselves there. They had their own armored car for crying out loud.

Its still a sad loss of life for sure and no they didnt deserve it but its Mexico. On the shock and outrage level its kinda right there with a Chicago weekend body count IMO.

 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynGuy

Sad but true a few of the parasite politicians here in America have already gone on TV and made this a political football. The families of the folks murdered here deserve better and imo opinion 100% of the blame needs to be placed where it belongs with the individuals that carried out this dispicable act.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

Saw on the news this morning that trump offered to send troops to destroy the cartels.  Can't imagine that would ever happen.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Who shoots a car full of women and children.  But they deserved it, right?  The tone of this thread.....

Nits make lice.

18 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Sad but true a few of the parasite politicians here in America have already gone on TV and made this a political football. The families of the folks murdered here deserve better and imo opinion 100% of the blame needs to be placed where it belongs with the individuals that carried out this dispicable act.

You don't know too much about the Mormons. 

Think of the KKK to American Indians.  Their whole "Bible" demonizes the **** out of us. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Mitt Romney's grandfather started a Mormon commune in Mexico to continue practicing polygamy. He still has family down there now, living in walled compounds.

Mitt also said that anybody with racist leanings shouldn't be involved in politics........HELLO!!!!!! WHAT IS IT YOU BELIEVE ABOUT US INJUNS?????

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynGuy
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nits make lice.

You don't know too much about the Mormons. 

Think of the KKK to American Indians.  Their whole "Bible" demonizes the **** out of us. 

I don't Piney and I'm sorry to hear about how you have been mistreated and I didn't mean to offend you in anyway. However speakingly strictly from a human being standpoint I can't in good conscience condone the murder especially of children, nor shift blame regardless of the adults religious beliefs as hurtful and misguided as they might be, by criminals who have been flooding our country with drugs for decades. Again I apologize if I offended you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
5 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I don't Piney and I'm sorry to hear about how you have been mistreated and I didn't mean to offend you in anyway. However speakingly strictly from a human being standpoint I can't in good conscience condone the murder especially of children, nor shift blame regardless of the adults religious beliefs as hurtful and misguided as they might be, by criminals who have been flooding our country with drugs for decades. Again I apologize if I offended you.

You didn't. :yes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hacktorp

Missed it by that much...

Edited by hacktorp
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great Old Man

 

Certainly, that Mexican gang cartel crossed the line.

Even Japanese Yakuza  don't harm any innocent civilian.

Harming innocent children and woman?

They don't be deserved to called as human.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
17 hours ago, OverSword said:

Saw on the news this morning that trump offered to send troops to destroy the cartels.  Can't imagine that would ever happen.

:huh:

That's the first time I've raised an eyebrow in interest of the big orange man's antics. I would actually respect that a great deal if it went ahead. It would actually change my opinion of him. 

Why do you think Mexico would decline such a generous offer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
27 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

:huh:

That's the first time I've raised an eyebrow in interest of the big orange man's antics. I would actually respect that a great deal if it went ahead. It would actually change my opinion of him. 

Why do you think Mexico would decline such a generous offer? 

It was a hollow offer.  His election promise is to remove troops from other countries, he won't send more to Mexico right before the election.  Further more, having confirmation on who committed a crime is usually done before dishing out the capital punishment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

:huh:

That's the first time I've raised an eyebrow in interest of the big orange man's antics. I would actually respect that a great deal if it went ahead. It would actually change my opinion of him. 

Why do you think Mexico would decline such a generous offer? 

They'd refuse for a few reasons imo. There is so much national and local corruption in Mexico it would be almost impossible to rid the country of cartels at this point. Anyone even suggesting such a course or worse helping in anyway would be a cartel target. Not to mention all those officials who either turn a blind eye or make tons of money working actively with them. They have no desire to stop the money flow into their own coffers. I think it's probably gone too far to correct at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

:huh:

That's the first time I've raised an eyebrow in interest of the big orange man's antics. I would actually respect that a great deal if it went ahead. It would actually change my opinion of him. 

Why do you think Mexico would decline such a generous offer? 

Because that would mean US troops operating in Mexico for years and I doubt the president that allowed that would be in office after the next election.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
22 hours ago, OverSword said:

Saw on the news this morning that trump offered to send troops to destroy the cartels.  Can't imagine that would ever happen.

Trump offers to send troops to fight the cartel. In return, Mexico must build a border wall on their side. 

Trump's border wall promise has been fulfilled: a wall was built and Mexico paid for it. 


We can argue all day about the effectiveness of a border wall in keeping out illegals but what about cartel violence? A pair of 6 month old baby twins were in that vehicle when it was shot with high caliber rounds until it lit on fire. In the mean time, we are giving $3.8 billion each year to Israel "for defense". Imagine if we gave that money to Mexico who actually shares our border and is also in the middle of a war. The optics alone on this story is going to tug on the heart strings of a lot of fence sitters. 

The cartel virtually runs Mexico, making them the governing body. American lives were just taken in a foreign country which justifies Military action against that country. Or we can let the cartel get away with it which makes America look passive and weak, encouraging the cartel to move further in to the American South. No offense to the Kurds or the Syrians but we need to take care of our own now.

Edited by Dark_Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
38 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

The cartel virtually runs Mexico, making them the governing body. American lives were just taken in a foreign country which justifies Military action against that country. Or we can let the cartel get away with it which makes America look passive and weak, encouraging the cartel to move further in to the American South. No offense to the Kurds or the Syrians but we need to take care of our own now.

These were people with dual citizenship, they were living in Mexico by choice because they did not want to abide by the laws governing the United States. The argument seems a little selective when another American citizen, Jamal Khashoggi was murdered by Saudi Arabia and not only did we not take military action but sold them additional weapons.

That aside, the cartels need to be stopped.  You make a good point about cartels moving into America.  I would not limit it to the south or think of it in the future.  They are here now and likely have distribution centers in all major cities.  If we want to stick with America first, then let the President be a hero by eliminating them in our own country where we already have jurisdiction and suffer from their depredations.

In this case, I am not being cynical, I would give President Trump a lot of credit if he did just that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
4 hours ago, skliss said:

They'd refuse for a few reasons imo. There is so much national and local corruption in Mexico it would be almost impossible to rid the country of cartels at this point. Anyone even suggesting such a course or worse helping in anyway would be a cartel target. Not to mention all those officials who either turn a blind eye or make tons of money working actively with them. They have no desire to stop the money flow into their own coffers. I think it's probably gone too far to correct at this point.

The way you describe it sounds like a much more violent version of our own government.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.