Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the MSM really working for the Democrats?

BrooklynGuy

I have to say I was very disappointed in my good friend EMM when I did not see his latest research posted this morning on Nancy "Crazy Legs" Pelosi's attempted coup to overthrow our duly elected President Donald J. Trump and install herself as President and make Hillary "The Hildabeast" Clinton her VP. ;) 

Here's some food for though by Eric Alterman:

Dear Democrats, the Mainstream Media Are Not Your Friends

About 25 years ago, I asked Paul Begala, then an adviser to Bill Clinton, how the Democrats failed to pass a health care bill when they controlled the presidency and both houses of Congress. Begala identified the party’s fatal mistake as follows (I paraphrase from memory): “We were depending on the media to explain the plan to people, and they had no interest in doing that.” The Democrats’ misplaced trust that the mainstream media would allow them to make their case to the public above the din of right-wing misinformation continues to derail their legislative and electoral success.

Read more: https://www.thenation.com/article/democrats-media-debates/

Edited by BrooklynGuy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure if you mean for this to be for a chuckle or if you're serious.  When 90+ % of the media vote Democrat and report the same issues with practically identical talking points I'd say there isn't any doubt among reasonable people that an extreme bias exists.  They don't even attempt to hide it any longer.  This article seems to bewail the fact that the media doesn't do ALL of their bidding on any given issue.  I guess even the media *****s get fatigued at some point.

• Like 4

The premise is actually Bass Ackwards!

The MSM doesn't work for the Democrats...the Democrats work for the MSM.  All politicians are made and/or broken by the MSM.  It is truly a Cabal of the worst of the worst.  

They didn't make Trump though...and they didn't make us...and they can't break us anymore because we know the truth and we know who they are.  They are the Left...they are Pravda!

• Like 4

Tomorrow Never Lies*

The MSM always tell us what they want us to know, and nothing else besides  ;) 

* being the original title of 007's most true to life adventure

• Like 6

3 hours ago, and then said:

I'm not sure if you mean for this to be for a chuckle or if you're serious.  When 90+ % of the media vote Democrat and report the same issues with practically identical talking points I'd say there isn't any doubt among reasonable people that an extreme bias exists.  They don't even attempt to hide it any longer.  This article seems to bewail the fact that the media doesn't do ALL of their bidding on any given issue.  I guess even the media *****s get fatigued at some point.

Good to see you my friend it's both actually and thank you for catching that and for your always right on the money analysis. Let me say that I'm not surprised that not one dedicated UM left winger commented on this so far because no matter what they say about this well written article by a left wing media member about the far left media it's a lose lose. If my well respected friends on the left call this article bull**** they are admitting that the media does in fact, as all sane people know, work for the Democrats and their silence just speaks volumes that it's right on the money and they are already busy mounting a smear campaign to impeach Alterman for free speech detrimental to the party line. ;)   

Edited by BrooklynGuy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I have to say I was very disappointed in my good friend EMM when I did not see his latest research posted this morning on Nancy "Crazy Legs" Pelosi's attempted coup to overthrow our duly elected President Donald J. Trump and install herself as President and make Hillary "The Hildabeast" Clinton her VP. ;) 

About 25 years ago, I asked Paul Begala, then an adviser to Bill Clinton, how the Democrats failed to pass a health care bill when they controlled the presidency and both houses of Congress. Begala identified the party’s fatal mistake as follows (I paraphrase from memory): “We were depending on the media to explain the plan to people, and they had no interest in doing that.” The Democrats’ misplaced trust that the mainstream media would allow them to make their case to the public above the din of right-wing misinformation continues to derail their legislative and electoral success.

You know this is wrong (what I bolded).  There is no way Pelosi would be able to take Trump's place and remove Pence (picnch?) and add Hilary as VP.  Get a grip. 

Some of the Media is owned by the democrats, some by the republicans and some by the christians.  So just change the channel if you don't like the news you are getting. 

As for Begala's analysis of why the health care bill did not pass, she was deluded.  It did not pass back then because enough of congress people were owned by insurance companies and the fight was over the insurance companies not being allowed to increase premiums on their existing customers.  Once that wording was removed during Obama's administration, then it was fine.  AND it has been a night mare for a lot of people I know.  Partly because certain things weren't explained properly and partly because the insurance companies jacked up the premiums for self insured (people who have no advocate) about 300 %. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You know this is wrong (what I bolded).  There is no way Pelosi would be able to take Trump's place and remove Pence (picnch?) and add Hilary as VP.  Get a grip. 

Some of the Media is owned by the democrats, some by the republicans and some by the christians.  So just change the channel if you don't like the news you are getting. 

As for Begala's analysis of why the health care bill did not pass, she was deluded.  It did not pass back then because enough of congress people were owned by insurance companies and the fight was over the insurance companies not being allowed to increase premiums on their existing customers.  Once that wording was removed during Obama's administration, then it was fine.  AND it has been a night mare for a lot of people I know.  Partly because certain things weren't explained properly and partly because the insurance companies jacked up the premiums for self insured (people who have no advocate) about 300 %. 

Thanks for the reply desertrat56 and I agree with you. I was just reposting EMM's response when I proffered the same thing to him. I said that Trump will be impeached and Pence will Pardon him and then Pence will name Trump President and Pence resign as president and then Trump will name Pence VP and then the lefty libs heads will explode. EMM then posted something to the effect of "That is not going to happen, both Trump and Pence are going to be impeached and thrown out of office and Nancy Pelosi will be installed as President as the 3rd in line." So you see your issue is with EMM not me. :)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Thanks for the reply desertrat56 and I agree with you. I was just reposting EMM's response when I proffered the same thing to him. I said that Trump will be impeached and Pence will Pardon him and then Pence will name Trump President and Pence resign as president and then Trump will name Pence VP and then the lefty libs heads will explode. EMM then posted something to the effect of "That is not going to happen, both Trump and Pence are going to be impeached and thrown out of office and Nancy Pelosi will be installed as President as the 3rd in line." So you see your issue is with EMM not me. :)

OK.  Sorry.  But I don't agree with your scenario either.  If Trump is asked to step down 1. what charges would they bring against Pence to impeach him, 2. Trump being impeached and asked to step down will make him ineligible for ever being president again whether Pence pardons him or not.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

OK.  Sorry.  But I don't agree with your scenario either.  If Trump is asked to step down 1. what charges would they bring against Pence to impeach him, 2. Trump being impeached and asked to step down will make him ineligible for ever being president again whether Pence pardons him or not.

Good points on both accounts. 1. I would have to say that the Democrats will come up with something to impeach Pence possibly his involvment in the Ukraine scandal but it may not be doable because by all acoounts so far he appears to be a good man regardless of his politics.  2. I'm not sure you are right about Trump not being able to be named President if he is pardoned, I'm going to have to research that one and get back to you. Thanks again for the reply

• Like 1

Here is the official Press Release on Alterman's article from the Democratic Party and the very nice Lefty Libs on UM: ;)

Image result for meme of crickets chirping

22 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You know....

...this is wrong...all wrong...your premise is wrong... :) ... you on the other hand are all right! ...it's just your premise...

Although much of  The Media  is indeed 'owned' by Democrats, etc....in the who own's this business meaning of the word, The Media owns the Democrats, Most Republicans and a good many Christians.  You can change the  channel...but the same narrative, the same blah, blah handed down by the almighty AP comes blaring through.  The best thing to do is just turn off the damn TV!  Keep Netflix...but X your cable subscription!   you'll thank me later.

The insurance companies had nothing to do with Obamacare.  In fact, Obama didn't really  want 'Obamacare'.  What he 'wanted' was Single Payer.  It's what he preached continually before he was 'ascended' to the throne by none other than the Late Ted Kennedy.    The Party literally threw Hillary under the bus for this guy! Why? Because she had already failed miserably at trying to 'reform' Health Care...i.e...get us to Single Payer...and Obama had a definite plan!  He made his plan very well known!  That's why he came out of nowhere.  He had a plan for Single Payer.  And Teddy Kennedy wanted Single Payer...

And...it is way more than ...things were not explained properly.  And ... it wasn't the Insurance companies who jacked up the premiums!  All part of the plan.  Obama in fact lied his ass off, If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.  If you like your current plan you can keep it.   His whole strategy was to cripple the Insurance Companies and put them out of business...then come in like the Savior they all thought he was and usher in ...ta da...Single Payer. In essence, do what government always does...create a problem, then create a solution for the problem that benefits them and blame someone else.

And don't forget Pelosi...We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it!  Honestly Desert Rat..what could be more stupid?  How about, Here's the paper work to buy the car you wanted...all  you need to do is sign it and the car is yours.  Don't bother reading the contract, way to complicated to understand, just sign the paper and we will deliver the car we promised you!  Oh, what kind of car?  uh...Cadillac Escalade...fully loaded!  Oh, how much will you pay per month...uh, a lot less than your paying for what your driving now.  

There are only two factions in our government...those who want Freedom for the people...and those who want Control...over...the people.  That's all it boils down to...Liberty vs Tyranny.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

You know....

...this is wrong...all wrong...your premise is wrong... :) ... you on the other hand are all right! ...it's just your premise...

Although much of  The Media  is indeed 'owned' by Democrats, etc....in the who own's this business meaning of the word, The Media owns the Democrats, Most Republicans and a good many Christians.  You can change the  channel...but the same narrative, the same blah, blah handed down by the almighty AP comes blaring through.  The best thing to do is just turn off the damn TV!  Keep Netflix...but X your cable subscription!   you'll thank me later.

The insurance companies had nothing to do with Obamacare.  In fact, Obama didn't really  want 'Obamacare'.  What he 'wanted' was Single Payer.  It's what he preached continually before he was 'ascended' to the throne by none other than the Late Ted Kennedy.    The Party literally threw Hillary under the bus for this guy! Why? Because she had already failed miserably at trying to 'reform' Health Care...i.e...get us to Single Payer...and Obama had a definite plan!  He made his plan very well known!  That's why he came out of nowhere.  He had a plan for Single Payer.  And Teddy Kennedy wanted Single Payer...

And...it is way more than ...things were not explained properly.  And ... it wasn't the Insurance companies who jacked up the premiums!  All part of the plan.  Obama in fact lied his ass off, If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.  If you like your current plan you can keep it.   His whole strategy was to cripple the Insurance Companies and put them out of business...then come in like the Savior they all thought he was and usher in ...ta da...Single Payer. In essence, do what government always does...create a problem, then create a solution for the problem that benefits them and blame someone else.

And don't forget Pelosi...We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it!  Honestly Desert Rat..what could be more stupid?  How about, Here's the paper work to buy the car you wanted...all  you need to do is sign it and the car is yours.  Don't bother reading the contract, way to complicated to understand, just sign the paper and we will deliver the car we promised you!  Oh, what kind of car?  uh...Cadillac Escalade...fully loaded!  Oh, how much will you pay per month...uh, a lot less than your paying for what your driving now.  

There are only two factions in our government...those who want Freedom for the people...and those who want Control...over...the people.  That's all it boils down to...Liberty vs Tyranny.

In that case it backfired because the insurance companies are running everything.  I wish it had worked.  Because of that I don't think your narrative is accurate, just misleading and biased.  There is no single payer medical, even medicare has multiple layers.  I know about insurance as I work for insurance providers.  I think Pelosi is too old to be in politics for any reason, just like Bernie and Hillary, and many many more who will get re-elected. 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, BrooklynGuy said:

I don't think the media owns the Democrats, or visa versa. 

I think that - on some topics (and President Trump seems to be an extreme case), they have "common purpose". 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I think that - on some topics (and President Trump seems to be an extreme case), they have "common sense". 

Fixed it for ya :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I think that - on some topics (and President Trump seems to be an extreme case), they have "common purpose". 

Of course and I agree completely. In addition I think it's important for all of us to shine a light on the Mainstream Media's agenda whether they be right or left as they have long since moved away from reporting the news to making the news support their individual narratives. Thanks for the reply

10 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

In that case it backfired because the insurance companies are running everything.  I wish it had worked.  Because of that I don't think your narrative is accurate, just misleading and biased.  There is no single payer medical, even medicare has multiple layers.  I know about insurance as I work for insurance providers.  I think Pelosi is too old to be in politics for any reason, just like Bernie and Hillary, and many many more who will get re-elected. 

There is no Single Payer...specifically and totally because Trump won the election.  But that is what Obama was going for.  Anyway...Pelosi Shmosi...most of them on both sides of the aisle are corrupt in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, joc said:

Would that it were so simple.  How much do multinational corporations control your life?  They own the media too joc.  Politics is just a side show like gladiators in the coliseum to keep us distracted and docile. It makes us easier to manage, used to commercials telling us what products to buy what foods to eat and how to think.  It gives us somebody to hate and rail against while they sit behind the curtain and pull the strings.The circus needed a little variety and drama so they sent in Trump.  When he has served his purpose they will move him on and replace him with the next act.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Fixed it for ya :P

Cease editing my posts, you low-born oaf !! :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Would that it were so simple.  How much do multinational corporations control your life?  They own the media too joc.  Politics is just a side show like gladiators in the coliseum to keep us distracted and docile. It makes us easier to manage, used to commercials telling us what products to buy what foods to eat and how to think.  It gives us somebody to hate and rail against while they sit behind the curtain and pull the strings.The circus needed a little variety and drama so they sent in Trump.  When he has served his purpose they will move him on and replace him with the next act.

Wow...

I would say then Tat that...you are somewhat delusional.  The great and powerful Oz...behind the curtain...the almighty 'they'.  Who exactly are 'they' who decided to send in Trump?  The great and powerful They.

Wow...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, joc said:

Wow...

I would say then Tat that...you are somewhat delusional.  The great and powerful Oz...behind the curtain...the almighty 'they'.  Who exactly are 'they' who decided to send in Trump?  The great and powerful They.

Wow...

Rupert Murdoch and Fox news come to mind.  He has certainly been great for their brand. Globalist corporations who want lower taxes, no oversight, and no interfering regulations also come to mind.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Rupert Murdoch and Fox news come to mind.  He has certainly been great for their brand. Globalist corporations who want lower taxes, no oversight, and no interfering regulations also come to mind.

Why does Fox come to mind but The New York Times, The AP, Cnn, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC...don't come to mind?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, joc said:

Why does Fox come to mind but The New York Times, The AP, Cnn, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC...don't come to mind?

Fox is just about as big as CNN and MSNBC put together.  They are rivals for the same resources.  Fox was smart, they read the mood of a large segment of the populace, found, fostered, and promoted a candidate to appeal to that large section of the populace.

33 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Fox is just about as big as CNN and MSNBC put together.  They are rivals for the same resources.  Fox was smart, they read the mood of a large segment of the populace, found, fostered, and promoted a candidate to appeal to that large section of the populace.

What does any of that have to do with your previous diatribe?

I.e.this:

Would that it were so simple.  How much do multinational corporations control your life?  They own the media too joc.  Politics is just a side show like gladiators in the coliseum to keep us distracted and docile. It makes us easier to manage, used to commercials telling us what products to buy what foods to eat and how to think.  It gives us somebody to hate and rail against while they sit behind the curtain and pull the strings.The circus needed a little variety and drama so they sent in Trump.  When he has served his purpose they will move him on and replace him with the next act.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

What does any of that have to do with your previous diatribe?

I.e.this:

You asked why fox came to mind and not cnn. or some of the others.  Fox brand is Trump.  They were the smartest.  CNN and the others backed losers, now they have to keep it going because anger gets to their viewers and sells products. Do any of them really care who is in power as long as they make money?

• Like 1

This is a little snap shot that illustrates how MSM, in this case CNN.... micro manages public perception..

And it's only a certain kind of Democrat that they promote... ie not the Bernie Sander kind...

edit to add.... although I just remembered Bernie is  an independent ... not actually a
Democrat...ok just looked it up and he's an Independent but a member of the Democrat
Caucus wiki - 

Edited by bee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1