Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Is Good Thread ;-)

BrooklynGuy

35 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Twenty people is not enough to overcome the finite population skew.  Yes, you can develop information from a small sample, but you have little confidence in that information.

Doug

I wasn't referring to polls when I mentioned the 20 people. I was thinking of psychology experiments (for example, an early 2000s experiments in texting and driving that involved only ten-or-so people was successfully applied to the general population), simply using the example to highlight my point that 600 people doesn't necessarily mean the poll has no validity. I was making a point about sample size in general.

You're obviously right though. 20 people wouldn't be much of a poll when it comes to gauging national opinion on the election or politicians.

11 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

1. Maybe it had something to do with him cheating contractors in his business + Maybe it had something to do with him having bankrupted four businesses, demonstrating that he doesn't know how to manage.

2. Maybe it had something to do with him mocking an epileptic + Maybe it had something to do with him threatening reporters at his rallies.

3. Maybe it had something to do with him assaulting women + Maybe it had something to do with him raping women.

4. Maybe it had something to do with him promising Carrier employees they'd have jobs and then sending those jobs to Mexico + Maybe it had something to do with him defunding fire fighting + Maybe it had something to do with him gutting the EPA + Maybe it had something to do with him not honouring student loan forgiveness contracts + Maybe it had something to do with him selling off part of the National Parks.

5. Maybe it had something to do with him trying to remove climate research data from govt servers + Maybe it had something to do with him trying to destroy efforts to curb climate change.

6. Maybe it had something to do with his secret war in Yemen.

7. Maybe it had something to do with the way he treats asylum seekers at the Mexican border + Maybe it had something to do with the way he treats Hispanic Americans.

Just listen to your negativity, you are a wholly negative individual.

1. Bearing in mind he is a billionaire I would suggest that he is actually very good at the leadership and management of organisations.

2. We know he likes to wind people up, but he is also a decent President. He has worked wonders on the US economy. Maybe you need to ask yourself why you keep taking the bait? What is really funny for us on the right is watching the left get so angry about the things that he says. They cannot see he is winding them up even when he is openly laughing while doing it lmao.

3. Why isn't he in prison then? Oh yes, thats right, a lack of evidence.

4. You are very negative arent you? All you do is focus on where money has been taken away not what it is now being spent on. Look at the year on year GDP growth under Trump and see how it is significantly higher than under Obama. Trump is economically astute, but then again you would expect that from a successful billionaire businessman.

5. We are only just out of the last ice-age and the Earth has yet to return to its historically normal temperatures which are an average of 10C higher than today. So firstly prove the Earth has warmed due to human activity and then prove to the extent we have contributed to that warming? You cannot, the science doesnt exist. The Earth is so vastly complex its beyond our scientific capabilities to prove human caused global warming and you, Mr Negative, are simply allowing yourself to be swept along by the prevailing Group Think without any means to question or criticise what you are watching.

6. There is no secret war in Yemen. Yemeni Government forces have been fighting ISIS in their country for the last 4 years and everyone knows the USA conducts drone strikes and special operations for them. Your media, and the UK media here, are all quite open about it.

7. Its not the job of the USA to accept illegal Mexican immigrants. They are criminals, and if those criminals die in their attempts to illegally enter the USA then why is that the problem of the USA?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Same old crap the Left has blathered on about for three years. Trump's doom is always just around the corner-- just you wait for it........and wait for it and wait for it....like saving your virginity for that special one. They better hurry up; They're running out of tomorrow's to put it off to.

I dunno about saving virginity for some special one, but I heard this special one lost Virginia 

Oh nyet, his rally in Kentucky was cosmically orgasmic funny

~

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

People tolerate the smell of Bulls**t if the fertilizer is good.  That is why I think we probably need another 4 years of data.  It is hard to tell if the economy is on autopilot and on course of if the captain really has something to do with it.  We can watch the GDP, the deficit, jobs numbers, manufacturing productivity and output.  It is great that the population is working, I hope not all of them are working at McDonald's and Taco Bell.

I have a bugaboo for technology and education.  We will not remain great if we fall behind there.  I want to see trained engineers and scientists produced as well as more skilled craftsmen like machinists, electricians, tool and die makers, and hydraulics techs,  I don't care what bathrooms they go to if they can program an industrial robot.

Will the promised health care reforms come along or will people just loser health care?  

Lots of promises.

Unfortunately, that's the trend. By exporting our manufacturing base abroad to China and other places, we have become top-heavy in service industry jobs, becoming a nation of consumers and shopkeepers. I think it's called Globalization. Even at it's best, our manufacturing sector is positively anemic compare to half a century ago. What are you suggesting; that we Make America Great, Again?

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

I dunno about saving virginity for some special one, but I heard this special one lost Virginia 

Oh nyet, his rally in Kentucky was cosmically orgasmic funny

~

Was only matter of time; population movement had already painted Virginia Blue. That a man with worse personality than Trump, lost in Kentucky is unsurprising. The man was an idiot.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Was only matter of time; population movement had already painted Virginia Blue. That a man with worse personality than Trump, lost in Kentucky is unsurprising. The man was an idiot.

The POTUS didn't really help him out there did he? 

Calling someone a pain up the behind ain't exactly a commendation down south... 

~

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, third_eye said:

The POTUS didn't really help him out there did he? 

Calling someone a pain up the behind ain't exactly a commendation down south... 

~

Trump wasn't on the ballot. If he had been, the outcome probably would have been different. I predict next year this time, you'll be hearing the phrase, for good or for ill, The Trump Effect a lot.

On 11/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, Desertrat56 said:

And Trump's **** don't stink.  All of our presidents since Nixon or before have been bought and paid for reprobates.  Nixon stepped on his puppet master's toes so he got taken down.  None of them do anything without a puppet master allowing them (except Reagan and Trump when they go off script, at least Reagan had an excuse for that, not knowing what year it was most of the time).

You love the false premises of the Left.  I can see that.  The truth is ...Trump is not 'bought and paid for'.  The truth is ...neither was Nixon......have you noticed something?  All Republican Presidents are portrayed by the leftist Media Cabal as stupid, corrupt, dolts, ne'r do wells, or some such?  And all Democrat Presidents are portrayed as intelligent, brilliant even, fair, caring, in touch...etc.?  You and I and every other person...not just in this country but all over the world...are told lies day in and day out by the leftist media.  They tell us what they want us to hear, when they want us to hear it, and tell us how to perceive what we hear.  They don't tell us what they don't want us to hear.  They don't report stories that go against their own narrative.  It's called propaganda.  Apparently it works pretty well.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Trump wasn't on the ballot. If he had been, the outcome probably would have been different. I predict next year this time, you'll be hearing the phrase, for good or for ill, The Trump Effect a lot.

I'm not that into prophecies or predictions, as far as the Trump effect goes so far as it has thus far, it's pretty far, his flutter of lies ain't lifting him off very far off the ground

~

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joc said:

You love the false premises of the Left.  I can see that.  The truth is ...Trump is not 'bought and paid for'.  The truth is ...neither was Nixon......have you noticed something?  All Republican Presidents are portrayed by the leftist Media Cabal as stupid, corrupt, dolts, ne'r do wells, or some such?  And all Democrat Presidents are portrayed as intelligent, brilliant even, fair, caring, in touch...etc.?  You and I and every other person...not just in this country but all over the world...are told lies day in and day out by the leftist media.  They tell us what they want us to hear, when they want us to hear it, and tell us how to perceive what we hear.  They don't tell us what they don't want us to hear.  They don't report stories that go against their own narrative.  It's called propaganda.  Apparently it works pretty well.

Not anymore. The Gang of Four, CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN, have lost control of the message. I'm typing on the reason. There's a zillion news outlets, now, plus every citizen is a potential one. We're not straightjacketed in front of the boob tube, anymore, being spoon fed  the news.

Edited by Hammerclaw

5 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I'm not that into prophecies or predictions, as far as the Trump effect goes so far as it has thus far, it's pretty far, his flutter of lies ain't lifting him off very far off the ground

~

Look what it did in 2016, when he was on the ballet and brought out the voters and the collateral effects. That's history, not prophecy.

Edited by Hammerclaw

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Look what it did in 2016, when he was on the ballet and brought out the voters and the collateral effects. That's history, not prophecy.

Frankly speaking, that's due to other factors that has been widely overturned over the months, like it's been mentioned on numerous occasions, he himself ain't helping himself which even his staunch backers agree as much, but hey, I'm just in it for the laughs, every which way it goes I'm having a good laugh at it. 

~

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

There are those who think he can do no wrong.  It will be educational to see  how far their loyalty for a man stretches if they have to make a choice between a leader and our country.  it will be a good civics lesson if nothing else.

Too right, it will.  You see, those who support him in most cases, do so because we truly believe that the bureaucratic state has become tyrannical and you might just find that millions would be ready to follow him even after he leaves office.  Never assume your lot are the only ones who can "resist" the system  :gun:  It could make for a really bad misapprehension.

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Frankly speaking, that's due to other factors that has been widely overturned over the months, like it's been mentioned on numerous occasions, he himself ain't helping himself which even his staunch backers agree as much, but hey, I'm just in it for the laughs, every which way it goes I'm having a good laugh at it. 

~

Well, let us hope you're still in the mood to snigger and giggle, this time next year. I'd like the Dems to lose, but I won't cry any tears if Trump does. Even at his best, reversing the tide of history is a Herculean task, beyond the efforts of any one man. The America of his youth no longer exists and wasn't the paradise he remembers, in the sunset sepia tones of nostalgic remembrance.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Well, let us hope you're still in the mood to snigger and giggle, this time next year. I'd like the Dems to lose, but I won't cry any tears if Trump does. Even at his best, reversing the tide of history is a Herculean task, beyond the efforts of any one man. The America of his youth no longer exists and wasn't the paradise he remembers, in the sunset sepia tones of nostalgic remembrance.

As poetic as you care to make that sound, I doubt the dire tint you are painting accurately represent the views of many but hey, snigger and giggles would be topped off with chuckles and a few guffaws for good measure because it's not who and what wins or loses that's hilarious here, it's the length that is taken to those ends and with what means that justifies it. 

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Unfortunately, that's the trend. By exporting our manufacturing base abroad to China and other places, we have become top-heavy in service industry jobs, becoming a nation of consumers and shopkeepers. I think it's called Globalization. Even at it's best, our manufacturing sector is positively anemic compare to half a century ago. What are you suggesting; that we Make America Great, Again?

Yeah, you are right.  I might prefer Keep America Great, what keeps us great in the future may not be the same things that made us great 50 years ago.  

Since this is a thread about Trump, I will say  I can't blame him overmuch for not taking on long term problems, it does not get you re-elected.  But on the other hand, he has not distinguished himself by suggesting any novel solutions.  I think solving long term problems is above the pay grade of politicians, even presidents.

I suppose for all of his faults, Obama did try to address one long term problem in climate change.  It certainly did not make him more popular and most of his efforts have been erased.

40 minutes ago, and then said:

Too right, it will.  You see, those who support him in most cases, do so because we truly believe that the bureaucratic state has become tyrannical and you might just find that millions would be ready to follow him even after he leaves office.  Never assume your lot are the only ones who can "resist" the system  

Oh I don't assume very much about me and my lot, I have never been a true believer in any politician. 

I know you like to post those memes of guns and I'm sure you and your lot will follow the president even after he leaves office. I think you would cling to him if coal and steel die, farmers go bankrupt and the national debt soars  All the rich folks will just take their gains and move their corporate headquarters to Europe. I wonder what you would do if the country gets so disrupted that Donald Trump decides to leave Florida for his own private island somewhere.  I don't think he will invite you along.  Bit, I wouldn't be surprised if you did resist and  instigate violence.  I would not even be too surprised if it was widespread.

That is what makes it an interesting civics lesson.  The limits of the American experiment in a democracy with a peaceful transition of power may be approaching an end.  You and your lot might think that democracy is not the way to repair democracy,  it takes force.  I suppose you can end it, but you can't make it great again that way.

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

As poetic as you care to make that sound, I doubt the dire tint you are painting accurately represent the views of many but hey, snigger and giggles would be topped off with chuckles and a few guffaws for good measure because it's not who and what wins or loses that's hilarious here, it's the length that is taken to those ends and with what means that justifies it. 

~

Quintessential American Politics. Lincoln got into a fistfight on stage once, with an opponent he was debating. 

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Yeah, you are right.  I might prefer Keep America Great, what keeps us great in the future may not be the same things that made us great 50 years ago.  

Since this is a thread about Trump, I will say  I can't blame him overmuch for not taking on long term problems, it does not get you re-elected.  But on the other hand, he has not distinguished himself by suggesting any novel solutions.  I think solving long term problems is above the pay grade of politicians, even presidents.

I suppose for all of his faults, Obama did try to address one long term problem in climate change.  It certainly did not make him more popular and most of his efforts have been erased.

Futile and unnecessary. Technology will take care of the problem rendering most fossil fuel consumption obsolete. Futile with the burgeoning industrialization in countries like China and India, already blackening their skies.  In any event, we are not in control of the climate; climate change will come naturally. Even if we could miraculously cleanse the environment and end pollution, we still can't freeze this moment in time. This interglacial will end and the ice will return. 

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh I don't assume very much about me and my lot, I have never been a true believer in any politician. 

I know you like to post those memes of guns and I'm sure you and your lot will follow the president even after he leaves office. I think you would cling to him if coal and steel die, farmers go bankrupt and the national debt soars  All the rich folks will just take their gains and move their corporate headquarters to Europe. I wonder what you would do if the country gets so disrupted that Donald Trump decides to leave Florida for his own private island somewhere.  I don't think he will invite you along.  Bit, I wouldn't be surprised if you did resist and  instigate violence.  I would not even be too surprised if it was widespread.

That is what makes it an interesting civics lesson.  The limits of the American experiment in a democracy with a peaceful transition of power may be approaching an end.  You and your lot might think that democracy is not the way to repair democracy,  it takes force.  I suppose you can end it, but you can't make it great again that way.

You might want to take that message to the side of the aisle that feels justified in assaulting their political opposition in the streets. 

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Quintessential American Politics. Lincoln got into a fistfight on stage once, with an opponent he was debating. 

Well, we know what happened to honest Abe don't we? 

~

9 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Well, we know what happened to honest Abe don't we? 

~

Assassinated by a Democrat.

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Assassinated by a Democrat.

Meh, with all these RINO & DINO talk everywhere, suffice to say I don't really know a republican to OR from a democrat nor do I care one way or many other

~

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Meh, with all these RINO & DINO talk everywhere, suffice to say I don't really know a republican to OR from a democrat nor do I care one way or many other

~

I feel the same way about Cantonese or Mandarin, except the xenophile in me find both fascinating.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I feel the same way about Cantonese or Mandarin, except the xenophile in me find both fascinating.

Cantonese and Mandarin is a case of a dialect and language, hardly political or factional which I find rather puzzling as to how it applies here

~

• Like 1