Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Is Good Thread ;-)

BrooklynGuy

18 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

I notice that my comment in Post 73 still applies.  Not even tRUMP supporters can think of anything good to say about him.

RM disagreed with my assessment of tRUMP, but still can't think of anything good tRUMP has done.  And while he disagreed with a couple items in Post 72, most he had no answer for.

Doug

I`m quite sure I went on about how he was worked wonders on the US economy by tweaking internal fiscal policy to boost demand and create jobs. Then there was reducing the trade deficit with China.

Then his peace work with North Korea, crushing ISIS, strong stance on Iran, and how he has made the US military to strongest it has ever been. 

Yet another lie exposed.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

well that is a lie, at this point it is pretty safe to say,  your word means very little

I've only taken two undergraduate and one graduate-level course in economics.  I would have to agree that in those three courses, all they had was supply and demand.  And I would also have to say that I didn't learn much.

If you want to sound learned in economics all you have to do is assume a pensive posture and say' "It's all a matter of supply and demand."  Works every time.

My daughter's second degree is in geology.  I have looked over her textbooks.  There's an awful lot of stuff in there that makes economics look like a stroll in the park.  Mineralogy is just a starter.

Around here, tRUMP's degree from Wharton could serve to get him admitted to a remedial under-graduate program so he could go on and learn something.  Don't get me wrong:  tRUMP is intelligent, in some ways extremely so.  It's just that in some areas, he does not use that intelligence.  He's like a computer with a superb program and no data.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Doug1029 said:

I've only taken two undergraduate and one graduate-level course in economics.  I would have to agree that in those three courses, all they had was supply and demand.  And I would also have to say that I didn't learn much.

If you want to sound learned in economics all you have to do is assume a pensive posture and say' "It's all a matter of supply and demand."  Works every time.

My daughter's second degree is in geology.  I have looked over her textbooks.  There's an awful lot of stuff in there that makes economics look like a stroll in the park.  Mineralogy is just a starter.

Around here, tRUMP's degree from Wharton could serve to get him admitted to a remedial under-graduate program so he could go on and learn something.  Don't get me wrong:  tRUMP is intelligent, in some ways extremely so.  It's just that in some areas, he does not use that intelligence.  He's like a computer with a superb program and no data.

Doug

yes, sure, and math is all about dividing adding subtracting and multiplying,   b#@#% please.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

I'll make RM an offer:  I will quit commenting on economics/fiscal policy, something I know little about, if he will not comment on climate change, a subject he knows nothing about.

Doug

That sounds like a good idea.

6 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Doug

Who is this guy?

You dont have any education in economics at all and economics is one of the most difficult degrees someone can study. Be it a foundation/college degree or full 4 year degree. You dont even understand fiscal policy yet thats one of the first things they teach you! lmao.

Can we rename you to Pinocchio?

• Like 1

i think it is a horrible idea,  i just ignore someone whoever i do not like, i have no right to silence anyone, for anything i may not like about them, what makes him think he has that right to even make such offer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I`m quite sure I went on about how he was worked wonders on the US economy by tweaking internal fiscal policy to boost demand and create jobs.

That's one of the things we discussed.  Since he took office, the number of low-paying jobs has increased - the ones where you need two or three of them to buy both food and housing, no health care and a fifteen-year-old car.  So technically, he increased the number of jobs, but few people are better off because of it.

6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Then his peace work with North Korea, crushing ISIS, strong stance on Iran, and he has made the US military to strongest it has ever been. 

North Korea has not signed any non-proliferation treaties and points to the fact that the US has not always honored its agreements.  Every so often, they fire another missile just to remind us that they're still there.

And ISIS is anything but defeated.  tRUMP said he was pulling the US out of Syria, then changed his mind to say that troops would stay to protect the oil.  And now we see US convoys heading west.  We're a long way from out and ISIS is still a threat.  They got started as terrorists and they are reverting to that.

tRUMP voided the only nuclear proliferation treaty we had with Iran and has not replaced it with anything.  That's not exactly a strong stance.  Iran has restarted its nuclear program.

I am not up-to-date on the US military.

Doug

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Who is this guy?

You dont have any education in economics at all and economics is one of the most difficult degrees someone can study. Be it a foundation/college degree or full 4 year degree. You dont even understand fiscal policy yet thats one of the first things they teach you! lmao.

Can we rename you to Pinocchio?

Most difficult degree?  At least at the under-graduate level, it's a piece of cake.

I knew both John Powell (Head of the Economics Department at CU) and Kenneth Boulding (Author of the economics classic, "Economic Analysis").  At their level, economics is a strenuous course of study, probably as difficult as you say.  "Economic Analysis" was used in the graduate-level course I took.  My main complaint is that economists use their own system of statistical shorthand that renders economics unintelligible to someone from a math/stat background.  They also use a great many inequalities that not only makes the subject confusing, but shows that a large number of economic ideas haven't been thoroughly refined yet.

I don't have a degree in economics and I'll likely never get one.  Now can we cover one of the other topics from that list?

Doug

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

i think it is a horrible idea,  i just ignore someone whoever i do not like, i have no right to silence anyone, for anything i may not like about them, what makes him think he has that right to even make such offer. 

So, if nobody wants to take me up on it, I can feel free to continue expounding upon the obvious.

Doug

• Haha 1

And so far, nobody has named a good thing that tRUMP has done.  They've named some nice tRUMP myths, but nothing factual.

Doug

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doug1029 said:

Most difficult degree?  At least at the under-graduate level, it's a piece of cake.

I knew both John Powell (Head of the Economics Department at CU) and Kenneth Boulding (Author of the economics classic, "Economic Analysis").  At their level, economics is a strenuous course of study, probably as difficult as you say.  "Economic Analysis" was used in the graduate-level course I took.  My main complaint is that economists use their own system of statistical shorthand that renders economics unintelligible to someone from a math/stat background.  They also use a great many inequalities that not only makes the subject confusing, but shows that a large number of economic ideas haven't been thoroughly refined yet.

I don't have a degree in economics and I'll likely never get one.  Now can we cover one of the other topics from that list?

Doug

Oh God, stop it, you are cracking me up.

I will explain what `undergraduate` means. It means you are studying for a 2 to 4 year degree but haven't yet finished it. Your nose is getting longer and longer lol.

47 minutes ago, aztek said:

of course you can't, you said it yourself, you can't think, and your posts prove exactly that. 

Who are you talking to here?

Doug

• Haha 1

Just out of curiosity, RM:  what is your most advanced degree and what field is it in?  Have you published anything in your field?

Doug

5 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Just out of curiosity, RM:  what is your most advanced degree and what field is it in?  Have you published anything in your field?

Doug

You arent invalidating me lol.

And you arent finding out who I am as I dont want to attract weird creepy stalkers.

Edited by RabidMongoose

35 minutes ago, aztek said:

yes, sure, and math is all about dividing adding subtracting and multiplying,   b#@#% please.

I am presenting an extended abstract on a new technique in forest inventory at a meeting the week after next.  It's mostly about the mathematics.  If you'd like to see a copy, PM me.  I'll send it to you.

Kind of ironic that the double meridian distance process is the only part of it that is not taught in high school.

And math IS about dividing, adding, subtracting and multiplying and one or two more things.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You arent invalidating me lol.

And you arent finding out who I am as I dont want to attract weird creepy stalkers.

In other words, you're not qualified.

Why would I want to stalk you?  You're not worth the trouble.

Doug

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

In other words, you're not qualified.

Why would I want to stalk you?  You're not worth the trouble.

Doug

I have a BA in Business Studies and BA in Mechatronics.

Mechatronics came first, then when I moved up to management I got the business one.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I'm no expert...and I admit i know nothing about different styles of chinese food...but this menu appears to only suggest that the name of the restaurant is Mandarin...not that it's the type of food being sold. 

Also on a side not...Sweet and Sour chicken balls sounds like an incredible nickname. 

You're absolutely right-- you're no expert. I'm on my phone or I'd post a link. Just Google mandarin style Chinese food and remember, it's presentation is designed for Westerners. The subtle regional distinctions in a country as large as China can only truly be appreciated by it's inhabitants.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I have a BA in Business Studies and BA in Mechatronics.

Mechatronics came first, then when I moved up to management I got the business one.

Thank you.  Sounds like you probably know more about economic theory than I do.  I will defer to your judgement on economic issues.

Now about climate, ice ages, etc.  I have a Ph.D. in Environmental Science, specializing in dendrochronology.  I have published five papers, one on an ice storm signature in tree rings and one comparing tree planting techniques.  I have three more pending:  one on climate change in Oklahoma, one on carbon sequestration in shortleaf pine and one on corrections for edge plot slopover in forest inventory.  Sixteen extended abstracts and 15 chronologies. I have a Masters in Forest Biometry and two under-graduate degrees.  Now if you would like to explain to me the difference between an undergraduate course and a post-graduate one, please feel free.

Doug

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just came out:  tRUMP has been fined $2 million for defrauding veterans.  Check it out on the news tonight.

THAT's your hero.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Thank you.  Sounds like you probably know more about economic theory than I do.  I will defer to your judgement on economic issues.

Now about climate, ice ages, etc.  I have a Ph.D. in Environmental Science, specializing in dendrochronology.  I have published five papers, one on an ice storm signature in tree rings and one comparing tree planting techniques.  I have three more pending:  one on climate change in Oklahoma, one on carbon sequestration in shortleaf pine and one on corrections for edge plot slopover in forest inventory.  Sixteen extended abstracts and 15 chronologies. I have a Masters in Forest Biometry and two under-graduate degrees.  Now if you would like to explain to me the difference between an undergraduate course and a post-graduate one, please feel free.

Doug

I have a high school diploma...and drink way more heavily than a human being ever should. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Doug

Yet, your replies have been full of lies, and you cannot even use the term undergraduate properly.

Enough said lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Yet, your replies have been full of lies, and you cannot even use the term undergraduate properly.

Enough said lol.

I have told no lies that I am aware of.  My daughter's description of economics/business was a direct quote.

So please enlighten us.  How do you define "undergraduate?"

Doug

• Like 1