Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man filming 'chemtrails' also captures UFO

UM-Bot

Well, I'm going with @stereologist's suggestion. It IS venus. The "flapping", plus the distortions in shape, are probably digital artefacts of the camera. It may have been using a shake-reduction system, which at these extreme digital "zoom" levels would introduce distortions as the camera wobbles. 

5 hours ago, joc said:

Notice its spherical appearance when enlarged.  Venus doesn't have a spherical appearance.  Neither does a bird...or a frog.

Not.... necessarily. Ummm... it could have been a Chilean Spherical Frog ? From Chile. Ummm...... 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 2

"Oh, its a sprayer, I`ll bet you yes he is spraying you guys"

:lol:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, stereologist said:

It is Colorado and they have already had snow in Denver.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/snow-strands-over-800-denver-155046144.html

Good call on your part. I missed that piece of evidence.

And we here in the central Siberia still don't! One can never tell what kind of weather to expect in spring and autumn, whether winter's gonna start abruptly in the early October with transition from rain to -30 C in a couple of days or it will be above zero and even sunny until the mid-November, and the whole winter will be rather mild with heavy snowfalls. That's why it's called "extreme continental climate" (резко-континентальный климат) in Russian.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 2

I did think Venus was a good option for this and it would appear spherical with enough focal length to give sufficient magnification, but I don't think Venus would show through cloud/contrail. Based on this image it could be something below the aircraft.  

con2.JPG

4 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I did think Venus was a good option for this and it would appear spherical with enough focal length to give sufficient magnification, but I don't think Venus would show through cloud/contrail. Based on this image it could be something below the aircraft. 

I think it would, Venus is usually amazingly bright in such a weather, especially up in hills. The contrail vapor is more transparent than it seems, it's just lit by the setting sun. Consider the angles. I think it's Venus.

Edited by Chaldon

3 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

I think it would, Venus is usually amazingly bright in such a weather, especially up in hills. The contrail vapor is more transparent than it seems, it's just lit by the setting sun. Consider the angles. I think it's Venus.

It is in the right area of sky for Venus and does not appear to move much, or at all, but the cloud is illuminated by sunlight and should be brighter than Venus. The brightness of the object does not appear to dim when behind the cloud which would be expected if partially obscured? 

Compare the above image to this one -   

con1.JPG

The brightness on the film is probably not constant due to the camera and not the objects themselves. The camera will adjust the amount of light let into the system.

Also, remember that this is not the original video but a compressed video which alters the image especially small objects as they are blurred a bit by the compression process.

Earlier I quoted this on purpose:

https://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/advice/skills/conjunction-moon-jupiter-saturn-venus-october-2019/

Despite being twilight challenged, Venus should stand out against the bright post-sunset sky given a flat horizon.

I can see Venus here and it is not as bright as it will be. Venus is brightest when it is not fully illuminated. We see Venus having phases because it is closer to the Sun than we are. That was one of the ways that Galileo showed that the Earth was not at the center of the universe in 1610.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phases_of_Venus

Venus reaches its greatest magnitude of −4.5 when it is an intermediate crescent shape at the point in its orbit, when it is 68 million km away from the Earth (a combination of its closeness and the fact that it is 28% illuminated).[

Here is a link showing Venus and its relative position to the Earth and Sun. 

• Like 3

Stereo nailed it.

A few added comments...  I see no evidence of the object moving - it's all camera movement.  When zoomed in digitally, the camera 'makes up' the shape and a point source will go roundish, and also may oscillate, hence the flapping effect.  Yes, the contrails are getting lit up somewhat by the Sun, but they are largely transparent and they are clearly dissipating and have almost gone after a few hundred meters beyond the bright spot.  Also, look at the entire contrail - much of the trail is a darker color - it creates it's own shadow.  So yes, Venus would shine brightly through.  (Could also be Mercury, would have to check the dates and location, but given the source I can't be bothered taking the time).

It's nice footage, but nothing weird whatsoever.

• Like 1

I decided to quickly check the sky appearance as it was around the 1-2 November in Colorado, using the Stellarium program.

Here it is, and note that Venus definitely was in pretty much exactly that location, if he was looking to the SW (and the lighting of the sky indicates he was...).  I didn't add in the snow, but you get the picture....

stellarium-000.jpg.937047dc6f6ced2017fd0fcf896ba397.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/7/2019 at 12:44 AM, RoofGardener said:

Well, the "ChemTrail" in THIS particular case is just a jet contrail. 

If the unidentified bird object is a weather balloon, it's a FLAPPING weather balloon. 

Gosh, this is a puzzle and no mistake. I mean.. what flies, and has flapping wings ? 

A duck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

it's nice footage, but nothing weird whatsoever.

it's only weird because the person who uploaded the vid tells us it is:sleepy:

This is not the first time Venus has been pointed out as being weird and odd and maybe a UFO.

One of the previous occasions I recall a long video from someone in Scotland IIRC. It showed Venus through trees.

This is a lesson for all true believers. Not saying there are no UFOs. Just saying that people seeing Venus and yelling UFO is common. Don't pretend that no one would make that mistake.

This is a good lesson to everyone about looking up into the sky and being unclear about what they see. It happens.

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

This is not the first time Venus has been pointed out as being weird and odd and maybe a UFO.

One of the previous occasions I recall a long video from someone in Scotland IIRC. It showed Venus through trees.

This is a lesson for all true believers. Not saying there are no UFOs. Just saying that people seeing Venus and yelling UFO is common. Don't pretend that no one would make that mistake.

This is a good lesson to everyone about looking up into the sky and being unclear about what they see. It happens.

I dimly recall an account of a UFO sighting made by a police officer. He was driving when he saw the light in the sky, and described the light as moving RAPIDLY around in a random pattern. 

It was Venus. The apparent movement was caused by the Police Officer driving around bends in the road. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I decided to quickly check the sky appearance as it was around the 1-2 November in Colorado, using the Stellarium program.

Here it is, and note that Venus definitely was in pretty much exactly that location, if he was looking to the SW (and the lighting of the sky indicates he was...).  I didn't add in the snow, but you get the picture....

stellarium-000.jpg.937047dc6f6ced2017fd0fcf896ba397.jpg

Yeah, I think you nailed it. It's the right sort of height in the sky also.

Edited by smokeycat
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I dimly recall an account of a UFO sighting made by a police officer. He was driving when he saw the light in the sky, and described the light as moving RAPIDLY around in a random pattern. 

It was Venus. The apparent movement was caused by the Police Officer driving around bends in the road. 

Oh, you reminded me about another quite famous UFO case! It was something from the mid-1980's, in USSR, one of the first cases discussed openly on the gov-owned First Channel in the program "Взгляд" (The Look) then hosted by Vlad Listyev (who was shot dead by a killer in the wild-wild 1990's during the fight over who's gonna get money from showing TV ads). In that case it was the freight train operator who was scared to death by Venus "flying" from behind a hill, hit the brakes and left the cabin running. The railroad had a slow turn there while going uphill, the sky was exceptionally clear ahead and the sun had just set, which added to the overall imperceptibility of the perspective rotation. So it happens.

• Like 1

Anyone who goes out filiming "chemtrails" I think we can safely trust to be a sane and rational individual who's extremely unlikely to think that he sees UFOs everywhere. :mellow:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, RoofGardener said:

It looks about the size of a very large seagull, insofar as its possible to tell, not knowing how far away it was. 

(but we KNOW it is inbetween the camera and the jet plane). 

Yes, especially since it disappears as the wind blows the chemtrail in front of it between 1:58 and 1:59 where it is still thick enough.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:32 PM, RoofGardener said:

If it's venus, then it is a very SMALL venus, and it is inbetween the jet contrail and the camera ! (the flapping non-avian object occludes the jet contrail). 

Oh.. and it's a FLAPPING venus :P 

You did not SERIOUSLY mistake the twinkling caused by the combination of shaking hands and zooming in for "flapping wings"... did you?!? Must be some SHINY SHINY birds around where you live!

Edited by Rolci

46 minutes ago, Rolci said:

Yes, especially since it disappears as the wind blows the chemtrail in front of it between 1:58 and 1:59 where it is still thick enough.

You did not SERIOUSLY mistake the twinkling caused by the combination of shaking hands and zooming in for "flapping wings"... did you?!? Must be some SHINY SHINY birds around where you live!

Isn't this what we all do? We try to make sense of what we see?

Often I do not see what others see in videos, but that does not mean they do not when presented with bad videos such as that shown here.

If I wasn't watching the planets I'd have never suggested Venus.

I had my telescope out to watch the Mercury transit yesterday. Very cool to see something that small against the Sun. It makes me wonder how small an exoplanet can be detected by dimming.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rolci said:

Oh absolutely. The Bird-Polishing Society is VERY active in my village :) 

20 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh absolutely. The Bird-Polishing Society is VERY active in my village :) 

I've heard it is spelt Tu, not Bi..