Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate Change Real or a Political Football?

BrooklynGuy

Personally I think humans play a role in the naturally occuring change in the climate over millions of years. However I think most of the blame should be placed with the Cows because of their flatulent nature. These gassy but very nice folks from the Cattle Family think nothing of pooping on folks lawns without ever a thought of cleaning up after themselves and do so with impunity. <_< 

Scientists call for FEWER people on the planet to combat climate emergency that they say will lead to 'untold human suffering'

Thousands of the world's greatest scientists have joined together to declare that 'untold human suffering' is unavoidable without deep and lasting shifts in human activities. An alliance of more than 11,000 scientists signed the paper which declared the climate emergency before providing a set of effective actions humans could take. To limit the damage caused by humans' greenhouse gas emissions the paper calls for more control over the massively booming global population, currently increasing by over 200,000 people a day. 

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7651915/Worldwide-consortium-11-000-scientists-declare-climate-EMERGENCY-predict-untold-suffering.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

However I think most of the blame should be placed with the Cows because of their flatulent nature.

But why are there so many cows?

• Like 2

Well, the planet can sustain more people if we responsibly manage ourselves.  However, it's pretty plain with the denial of science, inaction, and promoting profit over the environment that this isn't the case.  We are becoming like an unchecked virus killing our host.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Good question and to be fair I reached out to Bessie Bovine, the Cattle Family Matriach, for comment. Her spokesperson, Farmer77, said she was unavailable for comment because she was being "Milked" for all she is worth by the Democrats. Listen I love chatting with you but I gotta run to McDonald's and pick up a few Quarters Pounders with Cheese for lunch and some Whole Milk to wash them down. How about you go finish up that World of Warcraft battle your having with Sean Hannity and we'll meet back here in two hours. :whistle:

File photo of Bessie Bovine, Cattle Family Matriarch:

Image result for what is the technical term for a cow

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Well, the planet can sustain more people if we responsibly manage ourselves.  However, it's pretty plain with the denial of science, inaction, and promoting profit over the environment that this isn't the case.  We are becoming like an unchecked virus killing our host.

It's corporations, not individuals, that account for most greenhouse gasses. I'm not a fan of the marketing campaign that puts the responsibility on individuals. It's more complicated than that.

Ultimately it's the responsibility of humans, but there's nothing much any one individual can do to stop Coca Cola (one again named the world's largest polluter of plastic) or the oil industry. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Personally I think humans play a role in the naturally occuring change in the climate over millions of years. However I think most of the blame should be placed with the Cows because of their flatulent nature. These gassy but very nice folks from the Cattle Family think nothing of pooping on folks lawns without ever a thought of cleaning up after themselves and do so with impunity. <_< 

Scientists call for FEWER people on the planet to combat climate emergency that they say will lead to 'untold human suffering'

Thousands of the world's greatest scientists have joined together to declare that 'untold human suffering' is unavoidable without deep and lasting shifts in human activities. An alliance of more than 11,000 scientists signed the paper which declared the climate emergency before providing a set of effective actions humans could take. To limit the damage caused by humans' greenhouse gas emissions the paper calls for more control over the massively booming global population, currently increasing by over 200,000 people a day. 

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7651915/Worldwide-consortium-11-000-scientists-declare-climate-EMERGENCY-predict-untold-suffering.html

Question for you...do you also believe that it was  the cows  that caused the ice age to happen  ?

What Is Causing Earth's Climate to Change?
Many things can cause climate to change all on its own. Earth's distance from the sun can change. The sun can send out more or less energy. Oceans can change. When a volcano erupts, it can change our climate.

Most scientists say that humans can change climate too. People drive cars. People heat and cool their houses. People cook food. All those things take energy. One way we get energy is by burning coal, oil and gas. Burning these things puts gases into the air. The gases cause the air to heat up. This can change the climate of a place. It also can change Earth's climate.
What Can You Do to Help?
Scientists think we can do things to stop the climate from changing as much. You can help by using less energy and water. Turn off lights and TVs when you leave a room. Turn off the water when brushing your teeth. You also can help by planting trees.

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/k-4/stories/nasa-knows/what-is-climate-change-k4.html

When was the last time you planted a tree?  Leave the cows alone ...save the trees... I think that because most of us in the world have became dependent on the food industry and lost touch with agriculture is more so to blame ...I guess the left want to  place blame on the cows...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Because we're not eating enough of them :D 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

Question for you...do you also believe that it was  the cows  that caused the ice age to happen  ?

What Is Causing Earth's Climate to Change?
Many things can cause climate to change all on its own. Earth's distance from the sun can change. The sun can send out more or less energy. Oceans can change. When a volcano erupts, it can change our climate.

Most scientists say that humans can change climate too. People drive cars. People heat and cool their houses. People cook food. All those things take energy. One way we get energy is by burning coal, oil and gas. Burning these things puts gases into the air. The gases cause the air to heat up. This can change the climate of a place. It also can change Earth's climate.

What Can You Do to Help?
Scientists think we can do things to stop the climate from changing as much. You can help by using less energy and water. Turn off lights and TVs when you leave a room. Turn off the water when brushing your teeth. You also can help by planting trees.

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/k-4/stories/nasa-knows/what-is-climate-change-k4.html

When was the last time you planted a tree?  Leave the cows alone ...save the trees... I think that because most of us in the world have became dependent on the food industry and lost touch with agriculture is more so to blame ...I guess the left want to  place blame on the cows...  

Ellapennalla thank you for the link and I don't think it's all the cows fault but some folks think the methane they produce is a problem. I will leave the cows alone as you requested and I agree that businesses and vehicles play a role in polluting our environment. We have a small home in Florida that we stay at usually from January to May every year. I planted one Avacado and one Papaya tree in our back yard in 2014. Now both of those fruit trees take 4-5 years to produce a good crop and last year we had so many avacados and papaya that we were giving them to neighbors so they didn't go to waste. I like to think I'm thrify but could always do more to be kind to our planet. :)

• Like 1

Breaking news coming in from the BBC Fake News studio in London. TMZ is reporting that world renowned Climatologist and Ninja Warrior contestant, Tim Shieff is in fact not a vegan but a rabid meat eater delivering a huge blow to his credibility. Seen here in this photo taken at noon today London time at Constancia Steakhouse over on 52 Tanner Street, Mr. Shieff refused to comment. Twitter is a blaze with comments both supporting and criticizing Mr. Shieff and one tweet hits home particularly. This tweet from Bessie Bovine from Au Claire Wisconsin: "That M*%#@F%$#@*R is eating my Uncle Earl", back to you Jane in the BBC Fake News studio. ;)

They did it all wrong – 5 vegan celebrities who got caught and were bashed on social media

Singer and vegan Ariana Grande is under fire for promoting a Starbucks coffee that uses eggs and a vegan blogger Rawvana was spotted eating fish … How could they? As much as we love it when celebrities endorse veganism, I personally feel we must take each announcement with a pinch of salt. Stars, being human just like us, are prone to err while journeying in the vegan world and the lack of authentic information on veganism can lead even the smartest of the lot to “make a wrong turn”. And when they do so, there is bound to be misinformation about the strenuousness of following a plant-based diet.

Read more: https://luxurylaunches.com/celebrities/they-did-at-all-wrong-5-vegan-celebrities-who-got-caught-and-were-bashed-on-social-media.php

1 hour ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Ellapennalla thank you for the link and I don't think it's all the cows fault but some folks think the methane they produce is a problem. I will leave the cows alone as you requested and I agree that businesses and vehicles play a role in polluting our environment. We have a small home in Florida that we stay at usually from January to May every year. I planted one Avacado and one Papaya tree in our back yard in 2014. Now both of those fruit trees take 4-5 years to produce a good crop and last year we had so many avacados and papaya that we were giving them to neighbors so they didn't go to waste. I like to think I'm thrify but could always do more to be kind to our planet. :)

It's the  climate change politics  placing blame on the cows  I was referring to in saying leave the cows alone... not you in general sir... I think it's horrible how the food industry mass produce milk and such  under horrible living  conditions for animals... the creatures God created  ... I can't ever take seriously the claims that are being pushed into the minds of people about cows being the blame of climate change... I don't even eat meat... nor do I drink milk...I'm vegetarian...I feel bad for the animals stuck in the food chain the way they are...it's horrible.. and all for money ...for greed ... and that's what I truly think of the climate change scam is all about....In other words ...they who get the money under this pretense will never ever fix the issue

If people knew how most food including oatmeal is processed to get to the shelf faster they would be very  concerned...but no one is talking about those things...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

You forgot... "Or Big Business 

I did just hear someone make a smart comment on a table discussion program along the lines of:

The reason most 3rd world countries use a "dirty" energy is because they have to do that to survive.  If they worked on finding a way to elevate those people instead of buying a hybrid car and patting themselves on the back with their elitist noses in the air it might actually have an effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn’t Barry President when they were locking up First Nations people for trying to stop an oil pipeline that “impossibly” ruptured at least three times already?

On 11/6/2019 at 5:26 AM, ellapenella said:

Unless Brooklyn Guy has suddenly swerved left, we like cows on this side of the aisle.

• Like 1

Yes and no.  Protests started while he was Pres. He issued a temporary stay which was reversed by the next president.

47 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Wasn’t Barry President when they were locking up First Nations people for trying to stop an oil pipeline that “impossibly” ruptured at least three times already?

The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe filed suit against the Corps of Engineers in July, but the motion was denied. In December, under President Barack Obama's administration the Corps of Engineers denied an easement for construction of the pipeline under the Missouri River. An environmental impact assessment was to be conducted by the Army Corps, but many protesters continued camping on the site, not trusting that the matter was closed.[7][8][9] On January 24, 2017, newly elected President Donald Trump signed an executive order that reversed the Obama legislation and advanced the construction of the pipeline under "terms and conditions to be negotiated," expediting the environmental review that Trump described as an "incredibly cumbersome, long, horrible permitting process."[10][11]

Some of those nasty government regulations that shackle business and cripple the economy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

yea, his team was not in on it, i guess, do you honestly think it had anything to do with environment, or native's sacred land? 

It is a real thing that has been used for political points to the point that it has become mainly political. The shame is that its been overplayed to such a degree by media and politicians, that many refuse to believe it is real at all.

When celebrities say we have 10 years before we are all dead....

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

That's not what that 10 years thing means. It's a 'passed the point of no return' deadline. And they're pretty much right, from the information available.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aztek said:

yea, his team was not in on it, i guess, do you honestly think it had anything to do with environment, or native's sacred land? 

Well all I can say is from the Indian's point of view it did. 

On 11/6/2019 at 6:23 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

It's corporations, not individuals, that account for most greenhouse gasses. I'm not a fan of the marketing campaign that puts the responsibility on individuals. It's more complicated than that.

Ultimately it's the responsibility of humans, but there's nothing much any one individual can do to stop Coca Cola (one again named the world's largest polluter of plastic) or the oil industry. 

Except to not buy their products. individuals can become groups and groups can spread.  Research the companies that you think are the worst polluters and get a list of all the products they sell and decide to never buy any of them.  I have done that with one company and at first it turns out I was buying a lot of their products, but once I decided to always read labels and not buy that companies products, I realized I didn't need those after all.  Most I did not even replace with a product from another company.  Start one company at a time and teach your kids why you don't buy those products, then when you are comfortable with that, choose another company to research and boycott.  When you tell people why, some will join you.  Those companies make less money and send out people to find out why, some will change and some won't.  It is a slow process, something we should have been taught in the 60's, but schools get money from corporations, so of course we won't get this in school.   In a corporate democracy the only real vote you have is how you spend your money, do you use a bank or do you use a credit union?  Those choices matter.

Edited by Desertrat56
punctuation

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

It is a real thing that has been used for political points to the point that it has become mainly political. The shame is that its been overplayed to such a degree by media and politicians, that many refuse to believe it is real at all.

next thing you know  day\night will be politicized and weaponised,  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1