Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Republican Coup

OverSword

So a friend sent me this article.  Please give your opinions. :)

We view politics through the lens of our expectations, grounded within the supposition that we are all playing by the same set of rules.  That in turn colors how we view the actions of the opposition.  We speak of Trump as being illiterate, uninterested in facts, a liar, possessed of a short attention span, ignorant, cruel.  We speak of Paul Ryan as lacking a backbone, being a fraud and an elitist.  We say that Mitch McConnell is power hungry, unethical, a brilliant and fierce tactician.  We say that Republican legislators in general are bat **** crazy stupid liars.

Read the rest here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Read the rest here

This "writer" has one hell of a blind spot for Democrats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't disagree with much it says about Republican politicians' behavior but I wouldn't say it meets the definition of a 'coup'.  The 'organizing militias' seem pretty overblown, especially since constantly pouring an inordinate amount of our tax dollars into federal military spending has always been a Republican priority; the sum total of all militias in all states would have zero chance against the US military in a true 'coup'.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Read the rest here

While not very well said I agree with the gist in general. 

• Like 1

For me the word coup is a total exaggeration.  If this is a coup d'etat then we have been experiencing one for 200 years. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

For me the word coup is a total exaggeration.  If this is a coup d'etat then we have been experiencing one for 200 years. 

In a strange way we have with each individual actor minorly tweaking the rules or the standards towards their advantage. That pattern has just seemingly become accellerated over the last 50 years or so as each politico builds on the work of their predecessors.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

In a strange way we have with each individual actor minorly tweaking the rules or the standards towards their advantage. That pattern has just seemingly become accellerated over the last 50 years or so as each politico builds on the work of their predecessors.  

50 years?  No, go take a really close look at Woodrow Wilson or FDR.  Those two globalists did more to damage our republic than anyone I think.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Read the rest here

Who is the "we" that is used in the article?