Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Afterlife, digital copies or clones

jmccr8

17 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What would he need to compete with you over.  He has it all, looks, success and beautiful women, an amazing daughter and granddaughter, he has kept his great looks and is a self taught intellectual.

Anyone who chooses to serve his country is highly respected in our world. He deserves the respect. He earned it. 

And with it comes a self discipline he demonstrates. 

Perhaps you are trying to compete. 

ROFLMAO 

I am sure he has all those qualities.  My  point was asking why he cant accept that i have lived a life just as physical and challenging as his own. but for a shorter period of time and with perhaps far fewer violent encounters.

I mean, " How many fights must a man get into, to show that he is a man "  :) 

Only one really.

,I suspect it is because of a belief he has around people who read a lot :)  or maybe an an idea about school teachers.

Or it may simply be that he is a highly competitive individual (something he has said himself at times) 

I read a lot, i was a school teacher, but I am not defined by those things. Nor am i defined by my own good looks, fortunate and successful life,   wicked sense of humour and incredible intelligence :)  (although these all do contribute to the person i am.  ) 

Put me back on ignore, PLEASE :)  

I would rather speak with Jay.

He is polite/respectful of others,  and sticks to a topic . 

23 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I cant complain about jays explaining himself. I do it all the time, and i appreciate hearing about his life. I just think he underestimates the situations i have faced (less often than he) in my life 

He had an even more rural and hard childhood.

I at least got one bath a week in 3 inches of water ( if i was prepared to cut the wood and operate the chip heater to provide hot water) :)

He has "explained" about 500 times that he is a "man of the world" able to mix in any company, whereas as you, by comparison, are a bucolic specimen of naivety. It started to look boring and self indulgent about 495 reiterations ago.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

ROFLMAO 

I am sure he has all those qualities.  My  point was asking why he cant accept that i have lived a life just as physical and challenging as his own. but for a shorter period of time and with perhaps far fewer violent encounters.

I mean, " How many fights must a man get into, to show that he is a man "  :) 

Only one really.

,I suspect it is because of a belief he has around people who read a lot :)  or maybe an an idea about school teachers.

Or it may simply be that he is a highly competitive individual (something he has said himself at times) 

I read a lot, i was a school teacher, but I am not defined by those things. Nor am i defined by my own good looks, fortunate and successful life,   wicked sense of humour and incredible intelligence :)  (although these all do contribute to the person i am.  ) 

I would rather speak with Jay.

He is polite/respectful of others,  and sticks to a topic . 

Lol, You are positing he is competitive, I am asking a fair question.

Why in the world would he need to compete with you? 

The answer is he wouldn't.

Case closed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You were sentenced to life, but the penalty was reduced to one day for good behaviour. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

I thought maybe I should clarify some of the things that made me angry so that you might understand what I mean. It made me angry to see young girls being sexually abused and pushed into prostitution by family members. It made me angry to see people turn other people into addicts so they could drain them and use them. Manipulative people make me angry but that doesn't mean that I will act in a manner that is abusive in return but does initiate a resolve to do something about it.

In past I have said that I grew up in the highest crime rate per capita city in my country so yes it was a violent place and I was raised to protect myself and my family and I saw many people as my little brothers and sisters and if they could not stand up for themselves I helped just as you have help the people you have known but with different tools.

I don't fly off the handle with no restraint as that was part of how I was raised and joining the service re-enforced the self- discipline that I had been raised with.

jmccr8

Again those things, terrible as they, are didnt MAKE you angry. You chose to respond with anger  A person who cannot control their  anger is a danger to self  and others.

i decided very young that rather than have to try and control anger, i would simply eliminate it as an emotional response ( i still feel an intellectual sense of anger injustice etc at things like those you mention) 

However i transfer my energy to stepping in and doing something about it (and probably also do this ) 

I might have shot the perpetrator but it wouldn't have been done with any anger 

Actually tha more you write the more i understand and respect you. Indeed I think you might have learned to make your anger an intellectual response rather than an emotional one (you dont fly off the handle bt use the feeling to motivate you)  Its better that way if only because you can get things done in a planned way with less repercussions coming back at you.

I act without anger or fear but with "cunning"  and intelligence, and that gives me an advantage both in responding to a situation but also in avoiding legal consequences 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Habitat said:

He has "explained" about 500 times that he is a "man of the world" able to mix in any company, whereas as you, by comparison, are a bucolic specimen of naivety. It started to look boring and self indulgent about 495 reiterations ago.

The only one who talks like that is you, Jay makes a point to be respectful. His posts are respectful. 

Typical Habitat needing to start conflict. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Lol, You are positing he is competitive, I am asking a fair question.

Why in the world would he need to compete with you? 

The answer is he wouldn't.

Case closed. 

People who are competitive dont need a reason to compete with anyone or anyone  They just do.  It is  in their nature.   It is about themselves and how they judge themselves  

He has said he is competitive. His early life would have prompted this.

It is not a bad trait and indeed in some ways it is necessary for survival and success   I have a tiny bit of it myself :) 

Just now, Sherapy said:

The only one who talks like that is you, Jay makes a point to be respectful. His posts are respectful. 

I "respectfully" differ, it sticks out like the proverbial that J compares himself( always favourably) to MW on a regular basis, as if there is a need to put himself above someone else in a pecking order. That is the truth. That MW takes it all in good grace, only encourages him. But how boring is it !

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

In think you DO see this as some sort of competition.

It is probably in your nature,  and not a bad thing :) 

Hi Walker

Not really what I am trying to do is establish a means of discussing this with you and yes in a sense I am competitive but I compete with myself to best me so that I would improve my skills and I encourage people to strive harder in their endeavors for the same reason so they can be better at what they do and I do admire people that put that effort in.

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

My point is simply  that you underestimate the experiences of my life. maybe because you  saw that i was a teacher, read a lot,  had a good childhood and try to use my mind to avoid conflict before it starts 

I've been faced with people who might have killed me, been beaten up, shot and injured,  but only a few times because i do my best to avoid those encounters 

I have told you many times that I do understand and recognize the experience and efforts that you have had and made.

Let me put it like this I have tried down hill skiing and snow boarding but I am a novice and admit that just like many other things. You were a full-time teacher and so was my mom and I understand the discipline and energy that you and her invested in your profession and applaud you for that, yes I have taught people to do a job for a company but that was not what my job was to teach and I was asked to show those people because the companies that I worked for recognize that I am proficient at my trade. I wasn't asked to teach them my trade only to show them how do do a specific job until they were competent to work independently so I would never claim to be a teacher in that sense. I do understand that you had encounters at times and am confident that you dealt with them as best you could, would I consider you as an equally efficient carpenter or welder/fabricator as myself no because that is what I do and have been trained for and spent more that 40 yrs doing for a living and do not see you as a lesser skilled individual just because we are in different industries as we are both needed to fulfill a roll in society and in that sense I see you as my equal. Due to environment I was exposed to some experiences where skill development and reliance were somewhat different than the environment that you lived in and you gained skills in areas that I have no experience and would concede that to you if I needed to rely on your skillset.

I hope that you can understand where I am going with this.

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I have always been prepared to kill,

In my trade I have had to work at heights and there are times that I was given an apprentice to work with me, I ask them if they have a fear of heights and if they do to let me know and I will find someone for them to work with and that it is okay if they have a fear of heights because it's not something that everyone is able to do and there is no problem with that. Do you know how many times I have had guys freeze up on the ladder because they looked down halfway up a 200' tower and how difficult it is to talk them down safely so when you say I have always been prepared to kill knowing that you were not a scrapper or professionally trained in combat it is not that I think you are not sincere in your intent but I would be worried for and about you.

Knowing this. it is best to avoid such situations, where i am not likely to be hurt, but where i could easily have to kill or injure someone else. 

Understood and in your location in your community that is always the best thing for you to do, you were known in your community and I was known in mine and they were different environments which is what I am trying to get you to realize.:)

No I have never been a soldier but when young i trained my body and mind  to respond in an automatically prepared way  to a threat, and i found that this training clicked in when i was threatened 

Well then I would like to see you go up against one of the professional soldiers that your country trained and see how you fair then but to be fair he should be retired your age and combat ready.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

And why not ? There wouldn't be a legal reason for that, would there ?

Hi Habitat

Not really sure what you are inferring but at no time in my life have I had a firearms restriction so that I could not legally have one. I swore and oath to protect the people of this country and in civilian life had no need for one and have never had a desire to kill or shoot anyone. Yes I would kick their butt and making a guy sip soup for a week because he has puffy lips and a sore jaw is more my style dead men can't think about what and why they are dead whereas a guy that remembers you every time he wants to eat something will think about the whats and whys and modify their behavior or learn to fight better.:D

And yeah I got my butt beat a few times so there you go.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

If all the "I" and "me" in your postings were heaped together, a kangaroo couldn't jump over it. You and the clowns who "like" your posts, may be entranced by your obsession with self- promoting your "tough guy" image, and opposing it to your "innocent abroad" characterization of another poster, but it is really a commentary on you, and not him, and to any observer with a few brains, it is not flattering of you. Come up with something new, you have worked this theme to death. Pumping up your own tyres is rarely attractive, but in your case, an obsession that seems to me to stem from low self esteem, and the same could be said for other posters here, who give every impression of wanting to feel better about themselves, by making others, and one other here in particular, feel worse about himself.

Hi Habitat

I know you do not want to understand this but I have worked on creating a working relationship with Walker and I do see him as a friend and I don't have him chained up in the shed beating confession out of him, he discusses these things with me of his own free will and we are building a working dialogue which is something that I have tried to no avail to create with you and it got a little ugly which I wish we could have resolved without moderator assistance and am still willing to try if you put an effort in to understand the true nature of our discussions. I know that you think that I just walk around beating people and yes I grew up in the place I did but fighting with people physically is a last resort it should be obvious by the way that I try to encourage you to interact productively and how I have been able to engage Walker in discussions even when they have gotten heated I try to resolve this to have a better experience of exchange as we are very different people from unique environments. Best wishes.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
spulling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I cant complain about jays explaining himself. I do it all the time, and i appreciate hearing about his life. I just think he underestimates the situations i have faced (less often than he) in my life 

He had an even more rural and hard childhood.

I at least got one bath a week in 3 inches of water ( if i was prepared to cut the wood and operate the chip heater to provide hot water) :)

Hi Walker

Thanks for expressing this thought to Habitat.:tu:

jmccr8

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

Hi Habitat

I wish you would actually take the time to understand what I say, I do not think Walker's experiences have no value and have not implied such I don't know anything about you really and this is Walker's thread created so that we can explore the difference of perception between us which will require discussing aspects of our lives and I think that it is a good exercise for others to see how he and I develop this as we had started out a couple of years ago under more strenuous conditions and both of us have worked to engage each other productively and would hope that that example might have a possible effect on you as well because the potential for it to be a good experience exists for all of us you included, Why not give it a try and put your biases aside for a while to see where it goes maybe we can all sing kumbaya and have smores when all is said and done.:D

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Habitat

Not really sure what you are inferring but at no time in my life have I had a firearms restriction so that I could not legally have one. I swore and oath to protect the people of this country and in civilian life had no need for one and have never had a desire to kill or shoot anyone. Yes I would kick their butt and making a guy sip soup for a week because he has puffy lips and a sore jaw is more my style dead men can't think about what and why they are dead whereas a guy that remembers you every time he wants to eat something will think about the whats and whys and modify their behavior or learn to fight better.:D

And yeah I got my butt beat a few times so there you go.

jmccr8

On the strength of that, we can safely call you "knucklehead"

19 minutes ago, Habitat said:

On the strength of that, we can safely call you "knucklehead"

Hi Habitat

You can infer that if you choose but the invitation to create constructive dialogue is open to you.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

jmccr8

I am not much good at sucking up to people, but i try to be honest  in my assessment of people.

I like you, and especially the effort you make to be non judgemental, open and enquiring . You use neutral, not emotionally laden, language . You speak to the issues not he personalities. 

I try to give the most honest answers i can to your questions, even though sometimes i don't get where they are coming from :)  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Not really what I am trying to do is establish a means of discussing this with you and yes in a sense I am competitive but I compete with myself to best me so that I would improve my skills and I encourage people to strive harder in their endeavors for the same reason so they can be better at what they do and I do admire people that put that effort in.

I have told you many times that I do understand and recognize the experience and efforts that you have had and made.

Let me put it like this I have tried down hill skiing and snow boarding but I am a novice and admit that just like many other things. You were a full-time teacher and so was my mom and I understand the discipline and energy that you and her invested in your profession and applaud you for that, yes I have taught people to do a job for a company but that was not what my job was to teach and I was asked to show those people because the companies that I worked for recognize that I am proficient at my trade. I wasn't asked to teach them my trade only to show them how do do a specific job until they were competent to work independently so I would never claim to be a teacher in that sense. I do understand that you had encounters at times and am confident that you dealt with them as best you could, would I consider you as an equally efficient carpenter or welder/fabricator as myself no because that is what I do and have been trained for and spent more that 40 yrs doing for a living and do not see you as a lesser skilled individual just because we are in different industries as we are both needed to fulfill a roll in society and in that sense I see you as my equal. Due to environment I was exposed to some experiences where skill development and reliance were somewhat different than the environment that you lived in and you gained skills in areas that I have no experience and would concede that to you if I needed to rely on your skillset.

I hope that you can understand where I am going with this.

In my trade I have had to work at heights and there are times that I was given an apprentice to work with me, I ask them if they have a fear of heights and if they do to let me know and I will find someone for them to work with and that it is okay if they have a fear of heights because it's not something that everyone is able to do and there is no problem with that. Do you know how many times I have had guys freeze up on the ladder because they looked down halfway up a 200' tower and how difficult it is to talk them down safely so when you say I have always been prepared to kill knowing that you were not a scrapper or professionally trained in combat it is not that I think you are not sincere in your intent but I would be worried for and about you.

Understood and in your location in your community that is always the best thing for you to do, you were known in your community and I was known in mine and they were different environments which is what I am trying to get you to realize.:)

Well then I would like to see you go up against one of the professional soldiers that your country trained and see how you fair then but to be fair he should be retired your age and combat ready.

jmccr8

I think i understand what you are saying a little better now. I still think you underestimate  me but i get where you are coming form 

eg your point about me and a trained soldier is a good one.

In my twenties i was extremely fit and able to survive off the land.

I was quite good at a couple of forms or  unarmed combat and was very proficient with a rifle (handguns came later )  I could make lethal weapons and traps from materials at hand 

I dont think i would have been much use in an organised war without a year or so of training, but i would have made an excellent sniper or special forces op.

I spent thousands of hours in boats on and under the water for example.  I would not have attempted to go head to head with a trained professional but used my own skills knowldge and experiences to choose my battles to give me the best chance to win them 

I grew up using real and dangerous weapons in "mock" battles betwen rival gangs of tenagers    They ranged from  the usual ( long bows crossbows, shanghais, ninja stars etc but also home made explosives, rifles, mortars and a variety of homemade explosive devices and timers,  and large portable catapults capable of throwing a half house brick a hundred yards or so. 

I got a few non life threatening  wounds and life long scars from  it,  but i loved it 

I am sure you are better at many of the trades than i am  because i am entirely slef taught (once my dad gave us the basics ) but i did all my own motor mechanics electrical and plumbing work on the farm for 20 years.

I can also shear a sheep and class the wool, both using hand shears and a powered hand piece :) 

I also spent 5 years as the school's handy man and gardener /groundsman as a teenager in the holidays. So i have  a good knowledge in those areas as well  I have rebuilt tractors windmills and installed entire on farm irrigation systems. I have cut and  baled hay, raised sheep and cattle, and killed and dressed the sheep.

I have made , (a few) miles of  on farm roads and fences, entirely alone.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I am not much good at sucking up to people, but i try to be honest  in my assessment of people.

I like you, and especially the effort you make to be non judgemental, open and enquiring . You use neutral, not emotionally laden, language . You speak to the issues not he personalities. 

I try to give the most honest answers i can to your questions, even though sometimes i don't get where they are coming from :)  

Hi Walker

I didn't see it as sucking up nor would I but the fact that you said something in support of our right to have these types of discussions is a very positive aspect that I am glad to see we have achieved.:tu:

I like you too which is why I spend the time to try to have this place where we can chat about things without distracting other threads, you and I have personally had some interesting exchanges at the cost of those distractions and here we are free to say what we please and let it wander where ever it wants to go for the greater good of the sanity of other members and as you have seen they have joined in at times to make it even more interesting. We are not gladiators in an arena so there is no reason for us to get personal in a negative way and investigate not only subjects but each other and ourselves. 

Thanks for being productively involved.

jmccr8

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I think i understand what you are saying a little better now. I still think you underestimate  me but i get where you are coming form 

eg your point about me and a trained soldier is a good one.

In my twenties i was extremely fit and able to survive off the land.

I was quite good at a couple of forms or  unarmed combat and was very proficient with a rifle (handguns came later )  I could make lethal weapons and traps from materials at hand 

I dont think i would have been much use in an organised war without a year or so of training, but i would have made an excellent sniper or special forces op.

I spent thousands of hours in boats on and under the water for example.  I would not have attempted to go head to head with a trained professional but used my own skills knowldge and experiences to choose my battles to give me the best chance to win them 

I grew up using real and dangerous weapons in "mock" battles betwen rival gangs of tenagers    They ranged from  the usual ( long bows crossbows, shanghais, ninja stars etc but also home made explosives, rifles, mortars and a variety of homemade explosive devices and timers,  and large portable catapults capable of throwing a half house brick a hundred yards or so. 

I got a few non life threatening  wounds and life long scars from  it,  but i loved it 

I am sure you are better at many of the trades than i am  because i am entirely slef taught (once my dad gave us the basics ) but i did all my own motor mechanics electrical and plumbing work on the farm for 20 years.

I can also shear a sheep and class the wool, both using hand shears and a powered hand piece :) 

I also spent 5 years as the school's handy man and gardener /groundsman as a teenager in the holidays. So i have  a good knowledge in those areas as well  I have rebuilt tractors windmills and installed entire on farm irrigation systems. I have cut and  baled hay, raised sheep and cattle, and killed and dressed the sheep.

I have made , (a few) miles of  on farm roads and fences, entirely alone.  

Hi Walker

Good we are getting somewhere then and creating a base to work from.:tu:

Yes I do know that you have worked and played hard and we are alike in that sense as we have had common elements in our lives that we can work with to further discuss things and I have recognized this for some time which is in part why this thread exists and hopefully it will become that something more.

When I discuss anger to be it becomes a process of resolve to change something whether it is about myself or something other as I have gotten angry with me too but let's not forget that I love me too so it is a motivation for change and I treat my anger about other stimuli in the same manner because I do love the world around me as it is a part of myself and I am a fair man so I deal with that in the same way to create resolve and change even if it is one person at a time.

jmccr8

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Hi Sherapy

You are a friend and I thank you for your kind words and support and many times may not say so. Thanks

jmccr8

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Good we are getting somewhere then and creating a base to work from.:tu:

Yes I do know that you have worked and played hard and we are alike in that sense as we have had common elements in our lives that we can work with to further discuss things and I have recognized this for some time which is in part why this thread exists and hopefully it will become that something more.

When I discuss anger to be it becomes a process of resolve to change something whether it is about myself or something other as I have gotten angry with me too but let's not forget that I love me too so it is a motivation for change and I treat my anger about other stimuli in the same manner because I do love the world around me as it is a part of myself and I am a fair man so I deal with that in the same way to create resolve and change even if it is one person at a time.

jmccr8

I like this, but i moved beyond the need for anger as a motivational force many decades ago.  It is too risky unless you have excellent self control  

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I like this, but i moved beyond the need for anger as a motivational force many decades ago.  It is too risky unless you have excellent self control  

Hi Walker

I do.:D

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 9 months later...

@Mr Walker

From the "chalk Virgin Mary" thread (edited down to the good parts):

one further  point
I ... I ... my...
... my ... I ... i ... I ... i ... ive ... ive...  
I ... my ... my ...i ... my ...
... i ...
... i ... i ...  
... i ... I ... I ...  I ..  i ... Ive ... I ...l ... me ... my ... my ... my ...
Ive ... my ...  
Ive ... my ...
... i ... i ... i ... i ... my ...  I ... i ... i ...my ... my ... Ithink.
I ...
... i ... i ... i ...  

On topic here; off-topic there.

• Haha 3

• The topic was locked