Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Afterlife, digital copies or clones

jmccr8

To follow up on my previous post, @Mr Walker

Earlier this year, you posted here

That:

I enjoyed sharing knowledge, and helping young people develop their own skills (which in a few cases  eventually  well surpassed my own)  and strengths, but mostly i saw myself as a pastoral figure who could provide fatherly  brotherly or similar help and advice.

I was the student counsellor for 10 years and for most of my teaching life involved in pastoral care roles, developing social and other skills  in the students.

Maybe its different elsewhere, but here teaching was a part of a wider relationship with students and  families  We would mix socially with families, going to tin kettlings weddings  funerals, birthdays etc  Parents came to social evenings at the school.

I and other teachers took groups of students outdoor camping,   doing outdoor skills development like abseiling and rock climbing,  to aquatic camps  to learn skills like  swimming, sailing, surfing, and to get their boat licence  etc., or to the city for cultural and employment related   events  Those lasted a week, usually, and we spent 24/7 with the students.

I ran lessons teaching students how to produce, market/advertise  and sell our own olive oils.

The passage as a whole suggests that you did indeed provide more contact with young people than fell within the ordinary school day, and even that such extracurricular involvement was part of the job.

With respect to the second to the last paragraph, we note that many of these activities also came up in your description of Pathfinders activities.

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

With a focus on developing skills in outdoor and environmental issues through practical camping, hiking, nature study and other outdoor adventure activities. Exposing those involved to a wide range of skills, crafts, arts and other practical skills.

With your recollection thus refreshed, was any of this camping done under the auspices of Pathfinders?

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, eight bits said:

To follow up on my previous post, @Mr Walker

Earlier this year, you posted here

That:

The passage as a whole suggests that you did indeed provide more contact with young people than fell within the ordinary school day, and even that such extracurricular involvement was part of the job.

With respect to the second to the last paragraph, we note that many of these activities also came up in your description of Pathfinders activities.

With your recollection thus refreshed, was any of this camping done under the auspices of Pathfinders?

I haven had the time to sift through all his old posts as of yet, but I am fairly certain he has told me that he was a church counselor. I could be wrong, but I think I am correct on this. I will find the post. I think I remember the thread.  Stay tuned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think I hear frantic ...

[delete]

[delete]

[delete]

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I think I hear frantic ...

[delete]

[delete]

[delete]

~

We wouldn't be at this point if he had only been honest with us from the very beginning. :)

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

We wouldn't be at this point if he had only been honest with us from the very beginning. :)

Exactly, honesty is the crux of credibility. Well said. 

• Like 4

@Mr Walker

A while back you posted a picture of yourself. A picture from the chest up, wearing glasses and smiling.

It also happens to be your profile picture on Facebook.

I'd like to know when this photograph was taken. How many years ago?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I'd like to know when this photograph was taken. How many years ago?

The day he learned how to 

[copy]+[paste]

~

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

The day he learned how to 

[copy]+[paste]

~

Haha.

I know it's a real picture of him.

I have a suspicion that it's a fairly old picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, onlookerofmayhem said:

I know... 

Still... I still say copy+paste

:D

~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Haha.

I know it's a real picture of him.

Err on the side of skepticism in this case, it is appropriate, including the section we are in.. Even if your hunch is “wrong” a stand corrected will suffice. Always, follow your own hunch first. 

Everyone takes the time to earn their credibility in this section, none of us have gotten a free pass, and demanding one on a self professed bully like braggadocio authority while the evidence says something else ( if it is written down it is factual is the rule of thumb).

I don’t mind a little dramatic effect for the sake of keeping ones tales fresh, but, misleading to the point that the person sees themselves as omnipotent.

Well, I am keeping my head on a swivel and going to be honest about my position too. Just my two cents, not gospel. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@eight bits @Nuclear Wessel

“I still spend a lot of time helping people with grief/ loss depression suicidal ideations and relationships.

Sometimes i am the only person  the y trust to talk openly with.

Sometimes i might be all they can afford  :)   (just joking counselling in australia is excellent and free but not every one  feels comfortable talking to strangers even those with professional training ) Some wish to avoid govt agencies because the y don't trust them  I don't belong to any organisation and so, apart from child abuse, have no obligation to record or report anything we talk about.  The y know that i will never speak about things discussed to anyone” (Mr Walker)

I think it is fair to conclude MW is not a certified counselor according to this post as he claims.

I am still reading looking for the “church counselor” post. Stayed tuned.

And this, he has basically earned a reputation for “imposing/giving ”spiritual advice in his little town, according to him. IMHO 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

Pretty sure Mr Walker is not the title of this thread - enough with the personal witch hunt.

Closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• The topic was locked