Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Afterlife, digital copies or clones

jmccr8

36 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Are you sure? How do you know whether or not i that was just because he was known and popular?

Think about it the automobile was being designed by different individuals in several countries at the same time without the types of communication we have today. What definitive assurance can you give me that he is an annonamally

jmccr8

it is a well known fact that science does not always proceed in a linear fashion, and that some ideas and inventions evolve independently from  different peopleidiffernt times.

Aagin however the physical reality is limited by the current technology Thus the motor car evolved in several places, once the technology which enabled it  allowed for this. (indeed a great great uncle of mine built the first car and motorbike in our part of the world, back in the early 1900s 

The Puckridge is a cyclecar built in 1904 in Port Lincoln, South Australia by bicycle maker F. B. Puckridge.[1] Puckridge used as the basis for his vehicle a three-wheeler owned by his neighbour, a Dr Kinmont. Kinmont had been injured when the three-wheeler toppled over on a bend and wanted a more stable vehicle.

Puckridge took the three-wheeler apart and built a four-wheel vehicle, using the original 2.75 hp single cylinder De Dion engine. He added a two-speed belt-drive transmission, tiller steering, gas lighting, and fan cooling. An unusual feature was the starter system, which involved pulling a chain through a hole in the floorboards to rotate the engine.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckridge_(automobile)

If you want to believe that da vinci was NOT an exception provide me with some evidence for this :) 

Of course there have been some other great minds, and indeed his name lives on, largely because of his political connections to,  and activities with, powerful princes. 

Edited by Mr Walker

38 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

That wasn't the point of that comment. I was explaining why my childhood was rich and varied; how i became highly skilled early in life in some areas   and why i learned so much .

Hi Walker

And my childhood was not as inspiring,:huh: how? It was to me.:D

39 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Yet  sherapy who had a very different childhood assumes mine was like hers  I assume her mother did not spend  6 or more hours every day one on one   training, educating, teaching and strengthening her as a child, and that she did not have an in house grandmother who added to all that with another 6 hours or so of time.

We are talking about you and me.:)

40 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

lol your mother sounds a bit like mine. very competent (and caring) with any real hurt, but not terribly sympathetic to the normal knocks of childhood. Unless it needed a cast, or more than 6 stitches, it wasn't really worth fussing over :)

Yup :D I had three prongs of a garden rake go through my foot when I was 7 because I had to jump out the window to open the door on the cottage in my uncles yard because the door was locked. I had to soak my foot in boiling hot salt water and wait until 8 am the next morning for the hospital to open and my old man told me that they all needed to sleep so don't cry and the next morning he rubbed my head like a puppy and said good boy. :lol:

jmccr8

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

f you want to believe that da vinci was NOT an exception provide me with some evidence for this :) 

Hi Walker

You may have noticed that I didn't post it as a claim but rather a question so the onus is on you to support your claim.:D

jmccr8

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I am not going to discuss made up stuff about Jay.

He has no anger issues at all, he is the most psychologically healthy and fit poster on here, he has taken care of himself.

I work for Doctor’s if I want any medical education I only have to ask. Not having a go at you but, I will help you with this...

And, I quote, “Stress is a huge contributor to heart attacks because it leads to the behavior of over eating in the first place.

it’s called stress eating and it leads to obesity and high blood pressure the heart has to work harder to pump blood to the body, a genetic disposition towards heart issues can be triggered as a result of these behaviors genetics is a combination of both nurture and nature.”

You said stress is the MAIN cause of heart problems. Wiggle all you llke, That is untrue 

Your point about over eating valid but stress eating is a very small component of overeating by westerners

and ps Jay brought up his temper, and its influence on his life choices.  but i respect your decision not to personalise the issue.

Now, could you please apply the same courtesy to me?   :)   

Jay brought up his temper,

Hi Walker

I didn't say anything about my temper I said anger and actually anger is what kept me going many time because I wouldn't let things conquer me like when I fell off a building and people were content to encourage me to be an invalid it made me angry that people had such a weak perception of who I am and would not accept that from them or me.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

And my childhood was not as inspiring,:huh: how? It was to me.:D

We are talking about you and me.:)

Yup :D I had three prongs of a garden rake go through my foot when I was 7 because I had to jump out the window to open the door on the cottage in my uncles yard because the door was locked. I had to soak my foot in boiling hot salt water and wait until 8 am the next morning for the hospital to open and my old man told me that they all needed to sleep so don't cry and the next morning he rubbed my head like a puppy and said good boy. :lol:

jmccr8

jmccr8

This discussion did  not relate to you. it was me explaining to sherapy why her comments about my childhood were very wrong.  I hear and am interested in your childhood but i dont have an issue with you  

yep parenting could be tough but loving.

in part it might have been the cost of medical treatment back then and the lack of money of my parents, but basically i think my parents just grew up in a tough life and found that normal.

We were expected to be strong, resilient and tough but would always be cared for lovingly after any serious illness or accident.

Indeed i htink my parents feared illness more than injury, when polio tetanus and whooping cough etc still killed many children.

The y had just gone through a world war and their fathers had been through ww1 ( in my grandfathers case being badly gassed ) so they had a different attitude to minor wounds and injuries.

Some basic first aid and lots of antiseptic plus maybe a home done stitch or two.

I had a few cases like the one you describe Once i tried to jump over an iron fence and badly cut my hand. Another time i almost cut my big toe off when i fell from a rope while playing tarzan and landed on an old tin water tank  

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

I didn't say anything about my temper I said anger and actually anger is what kept me going many time because I wouldn't let things conquer me like when I fell off a building and people were content to encourage me to be an invalid it made me angry that people had such a weak perception of who I am and would not accept that from them or me.

jmccr8

fair enough.Personally i see them as identical but you may not. Anger is a form of what we call "bad "  temper   courage is a form of 'good" temper.   Temper is the experiences which form our character as a sword is tempered into a fine weapon  by heat and cold, fire and water. 

to me what you describe is not quite anger but something more positive and useful.

Call it stubbornness, stoicism or  determination, arising from  a strong emotional sense like outrage at an unfairness . I have all of that in spades but not any anger .  

in part it might have been the cost of medical treatment back then and the lack of money of my parents, but basically i think my parents just grew up in a tough life and found that normal.

My dad was born in a sod shack on the farm his older sister was premature and they kept her in a shoe box on the oven lid of the wood burning fireplace so yes the did have a hard life it was a 3 day wagon trip to the nearest hospital and we were raised to suck it up.

jmccr8

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

.Personally i see them as identical but you may not.

Hi Walker

For me anger has just cause where temper can be just being a spoiled brat or selfish motives.

5 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

to me what you describe is not quite anger but something more positive and useful

It's how I direct my animal instincts as well as my anger as it is a tool to be used.

7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Call it stubbornness, stoicism or  determination, arising from  a strong emotional sense like outrage at an unfairness . I have all of that in spades but not any anger

Yes I am stubborn but I can tell the difference between them as I do not have to be angry to be stubborn.

jmccr8

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 10:35 AM, ai_guardian said:

At the expense of getting a waffle thrown at me by Mr W, something like reading that we have sequenced the entire genome of man translates to "we can cure cancer", lol.

And hence it came to pass :w00t: :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

That is basically my point. People get angry because they choose to get angry.

Hi Walker

I thought maybe I should clarify some of the things that made me angry so that you might understand what I mean. It made me angry to see young girls being sexually abused and pushed into prostitution by family members. It made me angry to see people turn other people into addicts so they could drain them and use them. Manipulative people make me angry but that doesn't mean that I will act in a manner that is abusive in return but does initiate a resolve to do something about it.

In past I have said that I grew up in the highest crime rate per capita city in my country so yes it was a violent place and I was raised to protect myself and my family and I saw many people as my little brothers and sisters and if they could not stand up for themselves I helped just as you have help the people you have known but with different tools.

I don't fly off the handle with no restraint as that was part of how I was raised and joining the service re-enforced the self- discipline that I had been raised with.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

I thought maybe I should clarify some of the things that made me angry so that you might understand what I mean. It made me angry to see young girls being sexually abused and pushed into prostitution by family members. It made me angry to see people turn other people into addicts so they could drain them and use them. Manipulative people make me angry but that doesn't mean that I will act in a manner that is abusive in return but does initiate a resolve to do something about it.

In past I have said that I grew up in the highest crime rate per capita city in my country so yes it was a violent place and I was raised to protect myself and my family and I saw many people as my little brothers and sisters and if they could not stand up for themselves I helped just as you have help the people you have known but with different tools.

I don't fly off the handle with no restraint as that was part of how I was raised and joining the service re-enforced the self- discipline that I had been raised with.

jmccr8

Jay, there isn’t better training then serving ones country by choice, as far as teaching self discipline and being there for others as a protector. 

It makes me think of my own husband who was in the Navy who is incredible in handling and diffusing conflict, he has boundaries and as you talks things out, I can see the skill in you too. I feel the world is a bit safer with him in it. Quite frankly, it has been you who created a thread for Walker so he could talk a about himself and it has cut down on derailing. 

I remember when our son was being bullied, my husband put an end to it by going to the kids dad. 

No one messed with our kids after that. So, I understand what you mean when you say you use your anger constructively to advocate for those that need it. 

By the way, thank you for your service. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

You said stress is the MAIN cause of heart problems. Wiggle all you llke, That is untrue 

Your point about over eating valid but stress eating is a very small component of overeating by westerners

and ps Jay brought up his temper, and its influence on his life choices.  but i respect your decision not to personalise the issue.

Now, could you please apply the same courtesy to me?   :)   

Stress is the main issue, it is the cause of the behaviors, for example, one of my bosses a doctor was caring for his wife by himself with Parkinson’s, he loved caring for her, she is an angel, but it caused stress, it interfered with his sleep, with Parkinson’s she has to pee every few hours, it limited his time for fitful rest part of self care, it led to over eating and not making quality food choices, and he wasn’t monitoring his heart related for fluctuations that would have shown high blood pressure. One night he woke up and had shortness of breath and irregular heart beat, he knew he was having an issue with his heart valve, he didn’t go to emergency as he didn’t want to scare his wife, he knew he could make it through the nite.

The next day he had valve replacement surgery. Stress was the underlying issue. We are trained to watch for the signs. Since then, he has a full time cook, who cooks healthy foods he has lost the weight he needed too, he works out at his practice he had a gym put in, there are 3 caregivers around the clock who help him, of course he has the means to do all this, not everyone does. I am one of the caregivers a few nites a week, I take over the care of his wife so he can sleep. Interesting aside, we can only work two nights a week as this protects us from getting burnt out which is also a major source of stress. Being a caregiver is a high source of stress so we have to be alert for it. 

Don’t make the mistake of dismissing stress as the major contributor of heart issues. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Don’t make the mistake of dismissing stress as the major contributor of heart issues. 

Stress screws everything up. 

a90367b289e5cc7debda77202c40c7b7.jpg

Edited by XenoFish
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Stress screws everything up. 

a90367b289e5cc7debda77202c40c7b7.jpg

Amen! And, it is typical of people to deny or downplay stress who have stress. 

Edited by Sherapy

14 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I've been stabbed and had guns pulled on me and I'm still here and I have not possessed a firearm since I left the service

And why not ? There wouldn't be a legal reason for that, would there ?

13 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

This discussion did  not relate to you. it was me explaining to sherapy why her comments about my childhood were very wrong.  I hear and am interested in your childhood but i dont have an issue with you  

yep parenting could be tough but loving.

We were expected to be strong, resilient and tough but would always be cared for lovingly after any serious illness or accident.

Indeed i htink my parents feared illness more than injury, when polio tetanus and whooping cough etc still killed many children.

The y had just gone through a world war and their fathers had been through ww1 ( in my grandfathers case being badly gassed ) so they had a different attitude to minor wounds and injuries.

Some basic first aid and lots of antiseptic plus maybe a home done stitch or two.

I had a few cases like the one you describe Once i tried to jump over an iron fence and badly cut my hand. Another time i almost cut my big toe off when i fell from a rope while playing tarzan and landed on an old tin water tank  

You were not enlightened nor did you experience gnosis at 3 years old. 

As a mother of 3 boys I am versed on what a 3 year old can and cannot do. 

Even if I grant you that you were a child genius, at best you were able to read books such as, see spot run, or Billy goes to the potty etc. your brain did not have the capacity to ponder the mysteries of the universe, simply due to development nor was your mom having these types of conversations with you, you wouldn’t have had the capacity to understand abstractly as is evident in your counter, you were helping with chores, on  learning how to knit, yet, what  this means when we speak of a 3 year old is this, few mothers would give a 3 year old knitting needles or a needle without diligent supervision and you wouldn’t be entrusted with controlling a stove, no matter what you claim. You did not have the capacity mentally to support the things you claim.

I work for a Neurologist and you do not have a basic foundation in understanding the brain, not that you couldn’t, anyone could, you just don’t. This is the same with Psychology, you lack the basics and your claims reflect this. So, a heads up on your claims do your homework first, Any of the “for dummies” series will suffice for giving a basic foundation on any subject. 

As opposed to cut and paste out of context, there is a difference in framing an opinion based on having a foundation in the basics and just reading an article then summarizing, It isn’t a bad thing, or wrong, it is how you approach debate and it is superficial and it shows. 

We want to hear from you and I think you have the basic intelligence to offer counters that could advance the conversation, but you are to busy trying to nurture and micromanage an impression of the person who couldn’t possibly exist.. You are not believable most of the time., I am letting you know this is one of those times. 

Mr, Walker you were a typical 3 year old replete with imaginary friends. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

You were not enlightened nor did you experience gnosis at 3 years old. 

As a mother of 3 boys I am versed on what a 3 year old can and cannot do. 

Even if I grant you that you were a child genius, at best you were able to read books such as, see spot run, or Billy goes to the potty etc. your brain did not have the capacity to ponder the mysteries of the universe, simply due to development nor was your mom having these types of conversations with you, you wouldn’t have had the capacity to understand abstractly as is evident in your counter, you were helping with chores, on  learning how to knit, yet, what  this means when we speak of a 3 year old is this, few mothers would give a 3 year old knitting needles or a needle without diligent supervision and you wouldn’t be entrusted with controlling a stove, no matter what you claim. You did not have the capacity mentally to support the things you claim.

I work for a Neurologist and you do not have a basic foundation in understanding the brain, not that you couldn’t, anyone could, you just don’t. This is the same with Psychology, you lack the basics and your claims reflect this. So, a heads up on your claims do your homework first, Any of the “for dummies” series will suffice for giving a basic foundation on any subject. 

As opposed to cut and paste out of context, there is a difference in framing an opinion based on having a foundation in the basics and just reading an article then summarizing, It isn’t a bad thing, or wrong, it is how you approach debate and it is superficial and it shows. 

We want to hear from you and I think you have the basic intelligence to offer counters that could advance the conversation, but you are to busy trying to nurture and micromanage an impression of the person who couldn’t possibly exist.. You are not believable most of the time., I am letting you know this is one of those times. 

Mr, Walker you were a typical 3 year old replete with imaginary friends. 

Whatever happened to his "ignore" banishment ? It lasted about as long as a Hollywood rainstorm !

5 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

jmccr8

If all the "I" and "me" in your postings were heaped together, a kangaroo couldn't jump over it. You and the clowns who "like" your posts, may be entranced by your obsession with self- promoting your "tough guy" image, and opposing it to your "innocent abroad" characterization of another poster, but it is really a commentary on you, and not him, and to any observer with a few brains, it is not flattering of you. Come up with something new, you have worked this theme to death. Pumping up your own tyres is rarely attractive, but in your case, an obsession that seems to me to stem from low self esteem, and the same could be said for other posters here, who give every impression of wanting to feel better about themselves, by making others, and one other here in particular, feel worse about himself.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Habitat said:

If all the "I" and "me" in your postings were heaped together, a kangaroo couldn't jump over it. You and the clowns who "like" your posts, may be entranced by your obsession with self- promoting your "tough guy" image, and opposing it to your "innocent abroad" characterization of another poster, but it is really a commentary on you, and not him, and to any observer with a few brains, it is not flattering of you. Come up with something new, you have worked this theme to death. Pumping up your own tyres is rarely attractive, but in your case, an obsession that seems to me to stem from low self esteem, and the same could be said for other posters here, who give every impression of wanting to feel better about themselves, by making others, and one other here in particular, feel worse about himself.

Well the way I see it is based on his likes he is not offensive to anyone, but you. Ha ha ha ha ha

IMHO, That he served his country is noteworthy.

What you mean is he demonstrates competence and confidence in himself enough to have put himself to the test and let me tell you boot camp is not for a full of himself ********. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Likely because I smoke, eat meat, drink, smoke pot and if I wasn't a man that loves women the way I do I'd probably be a lesbian.:lol:

Well I have told you we can talk in PM but I would still be reserved in what I say and we are here and I am not ashamed of who I am so we can discuss it in front of everyone.:)

Living with something for years may be an education in itself don't you think?:) I've been stabbed and had guns pulled on me and I'm still here and I have not possessed a firearm since I left the service you weren't taught to accept and engage an opponent with the intent to kill as you have been a civilian all of your life, some of us have skills you my not really understand and I am not saying this as a detriment to you as an individual.

Yes I do understand that you have had some experiences most people do even if they do not talk about it and do not think that they are insignificant and am not trying to say that my experiences are better only different as it is not a comparative competition rather than environmental conditions.

We all have our jungles and I have enjoyed more than one forest.:D

jmccr8

In think you DO see this as some sort of competition.

It is probably in your nature,  and not a bad thing :) 

I dont.

My point is simply  that you underestimate the experiences of my life. maybe because you  saw that i was a teacher, read a lot,  had a good childhood and try to use my mind to avoid conflict before it starts 

I've been faced with people who might have killed me, been beaten up, shot and injured,  but only a few times because i do my best to avoid those encounters 

I have always been prepared to kill, in defence of self, loved ones or those in my care, and i would do so reluctantly, but efficiently, without pause or hesitation,  and with no regrets or trauma because i would know it was  necessary and the right thing to do.

Knowing this. it is best to avoid such situations, where i am not likely to be hurt, but where i could easily have to kill or injure someone else.  

No I have never been a soldier but when young i trained my body and mind  to respond in an automatically prepared way  to a threat, and i found that this training clicked in when i was threatened 

Edited by Mr Walker

28 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

In think you DO see this as some sort of competition.

It is probably in your nature,  and not a bad thing :) 

I dont.

My point is simply  that you underestimate the experiences of my life. maybe because you  saw that i was a teacher, read a lot,  had a good childhood and try to use my mind to avoid conflict before it starts 

I've been faced with people who might have killed me, been beaten up, shot and injured,  but only a few times because i do my best to avoid those encounters 

I have always been prepared to kill, in defence of self, loved ones or those in my care, and i would do soo reluctantly but efficiently without pause or hesitation  and with no regrets or trauma because i would know it was  necessary and the right thing to do.

Knowing this is it is best to avoid such situations, where i am not likely to be hurt, but where i could easily have to kill or injure someone else.  

No I have never been a soldier but when young i trained my body and mind nd body  to respond in an automatically prepared way  to a threat, and i found that this training clicked in when i was threatened 

What would he need to compete with you over.  He has it all, looks, success and beautiful women, an amazing daughter and granddaughter, he has kept his great looks and is a self taught intellectual and healthy. He is close to your age too.:P 

Anyone who chooses to serve his country is highly respected in our world. He deserves the respect. He earned it. Getting through boot camp and being fit to serve ones country is a great honor.  

And with it comes a self discipline which he demonstrates in character. 

Perhaps you are trying to compete, which I can’t blame you he is an inspiration.  

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I cant complain about jays explaining himself. I do it all the time, and i appreciate hearing about his life. I just think he underestimates the situations i have faced (less often than he) in my life 

He had an even more rural and hard childhood.

I at least got one bath a week in 3 inches of water ( if i was prepared to cut the wood and operate the chip heater to provide hot water) :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I cant complain about jays explaining himself. I do it all the time, and i appreciate hearing about his life. I just think he underestimates the situations i have faced (less often than he) in my life 

He had an even more rural and hard childhood.

I at least got one bath a week in 3 inches of water ( if i was prepared to cut the wood and operate the chip heater to provide hot water) :)

Exactly, he calls you a friend too and Vice versa. 

I find habitats post offensive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Well the way I see it is based on his likes he is not offensive to anyone, but you. Ha ha ha ha ha

IMHO, That he served his country is noteworthy.

What you mean is he demonstrates competence and confidence in himself enough to have put himself to the test and let me tell you boot camp is not for a full of himself ********. 

If you "like" people comparing themselves favourably to others, routinely, then that suggests you have the same low self esteem issue, which is at the root of the habit.

• The topic was locked