Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
jmccr8

Afterlife, digital copies or clones

2,063 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Mr Walker
9 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what alternative are you referring to?

death :) 

or even ongoing life like my wife's which is often extremely  painful and difficult, but which she endures with great stoicism and bravery, in part because she cannot take any painkiller stronger than  panadol types.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Just pointing out. We believe what we find believable, and disbelieve what we find unbelievable. The difference lies in our own experiences with life  Thus we tend to believe lies which are believable and disbelieve truths we find unbelievable.

    We should check even the most believable claim as carefully as the least, partly because we are more likely  to be conned or mislead by believable claims, than unbelievable ones  

we?? who is this<we> you refer to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
5 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

death :) 

or even ongoing life like my wife's which is often extremely  painful and difficult, but which she endures with great stoicism and bravery, in part because she cannot take any painkiller stronger than  panadol types.  

death is not an alternative= it's an inevitability you silly man:

you're talking to me now so you need to think before you type.. Try again... Say something interesting to me

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
17 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

This is something that I have suspected for some time now. It is not just about sensory inputs but there are other factors involved. You are a socially dependent personality so you may not be able to cope with the perception change by humans around you and mentally in that aspect I would likely be a better candidate not saying I am a better person only that many aspects of my life are different given the environment I have lived in.Personally I wouldn't consider it an option unless there were significant extenuating circumstance with  A big "S"

jmccr8

Please, dont impute your own fears or concepts to/on  me. I am sorry if that is what you took from  my posts, but its not quite accurate 

yes i am a social being (although i can also live for months at a time alone. I am never truly  alone as long as i have my mind and thoughts)

But i dont see or get what you mean about "other's perspectives."

i live by a code, not by how others react to me or perceive me.

It happens that,  in my community,  my code makes me respected  and admired  because it matches the values and ethics of the rest of the community,  but i would live by it even in a different community.

You cant just adjust your ethics to fit in or be popular . 

otherwise not sure what you are actually getting at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

death is not an alternative= it's an inevitability you silly man:

you're talking to me now so you need to think before you type.. Try again... Say something interesting to me

I said tha t i would happily live in an android body  (or even in a computer although that  would be less fun) if it was an alternative to death. Thats because I am not my body but my mind. I wouldn't mind living in a woman's body, or any other creature with the brain capacity to hold my mind.  I would remain"me" although, as i do now, i evolve and change that me  over time 

The me today is not the me who i was 50 years ago  

At present it is not an alternative, but in the future there will be many alternative choices to dying  We might have to decide which we would like  and indeed some might prefer death to living on in an android body or as a clone. It might be a matter of what we can afford or where we live. 

Sorry if you couldn't work that out from the words i posted .

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
52 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

or might the y deliberately NOT choose a version of themselves, because they wanted something/one,  different to partner, and  to  complement their own skills, attitudes, and beliefs  Heck i love myself but i wouldn't want to be married to me.

That's not what "downloading" your recorded consciousness means, different also means not a clone, so much for your little fantasy... Means it contradicts the very definition of "afterlife " too

So you're lying for your so called superintelligent almost God like alien friends... Or lying about what you know and saw "personally"

~

 

Quote

My wife, being totally different to  me, adores me :) 

Like you said, she might be regretting ever marrying you like yourself wouldn't had marry yourself, always making everything about yourself not even death can even stop you from always about yourself 

~

Edited by third_eye
Addendum
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

i live by a code, not by how others react to me or perceive me.

how others react to you or perceive you should mean a lot to you= it's called human nature- it's innate in all humans... If you're saying this means nothing then why are you posting in here? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Sorry if you couldn't work that out from the words i posted .

yep well i'm stupid ... i'm sure sure others got your point= do you think others got your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

No It meant that, before humans reached our current level of technology, the ONLY way for a human to interpret such a contact was as if the beings were gods

Hi Walker

Okay but that kind of says that there were no people that had different thoughts or concepts and history does not support that concussion.

4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

lol did i mean no evidence or did i mean the same quantity of evidence  All of this is individual experience based. You can read stories of such contact going back millennia and from the present.

:tu:

Alright then but those stories are well stories and it doesn't matter if it was yesterday or 10,000 yrs ago and can only be taken  within the context that they are given in. A couple of years ago we had touched on this and I did go and read some of the accounts but did not feel that they were compelling enough to consider viable.

9 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

i disagree i was specifically taught to think and analyse evidences objectively. i know some  modern theory says this is impossible, but it is not.  It s a skill rarely taught these days 

If memory serves me I seem to recall my first thought and that was I know I don't have any teeth but can I eat that.:lol:

Thinking is a natural process that we don't need to be taught but directed as a child I thought about many things right from the first sound, touch, smell.

12 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Of course there is a process between observing and knowing. Basically its applying  the scientific method  to what you observe

We understand that we have a base knowledge that we believe is tangible even though we know that there are exceptions to the rule which means they are not absolutes which means one cannot absolutely know and belief is a part of that process.

17 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Even today humans remain unconscious in a coma sometimes for many years, before recovering (or dying   As we understand  the brain better, it will be easier to manipulate this on demand to shut off consciousness while maintaining  physical body function 

It is a limited body function basically breathing and a beating heart and no physical muscular maintenance or more commonly called atrophy and it takes time for the recipient to gain control over muscle movement depending on the length of inactivity.

21 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

How ethical is it to abort babies before birth?

Bit of a side issue but as long as it is in the womb of the mother it is her body once the child is born it is a different issue more in line with killing the identity of a clone, implanting a different identity would be a separate issue.

24 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

yep which is why organ growth will make the use of clones unnecessary.

So you are willing to be downloaded into a new liver well that's okay.:lol:

25 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

it avoids any of the ethical and physical problems of growing clones for body parts 

Our discussion is not about growing body parts you are inferring the use for personal occupation.

jmccr8

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

That's not what "downloading" your recorded consciousness means, different also means not a clone, so much for your little fantasy... Means it contradicts the very definition of "afterlife " too

So you're lying for your so called superintelligent almost God like alien friends... Or lying about what you know and saw "personally"

~

 

Like you said, she might be regretting ever marrying you like yourself wouldn't had marry yourself, always making everything about yourself not even death can even stop you from always about yourself 

~

What ARE you talking about?  Tha t discussion was about clones of the same being marrying each other.

i pointed out that, personally, i want someone totally different to me to live with  i love myself but wouldn't want to live with myself   :) 

The rest makes no sense and doesn't follow from  the first . 

Ps i am the only human being i know well enough to use as an example of being human, so yep I will always use myself as a reference point 

I could hardly use you,could I?  But YOU can use yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
16 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

What ARE you talking about?  Tha t discussion was about clones of the same being marrying each other.

So what you're saying here is that you want to marry a clone of someone instead of the original someone... 

Same difference... 

~

16 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

i pointed out that, personally, i want someone totally different to me to live with  i love myself but wouldn't want to live with myself   :) 

The rest makes no sense and doesn't follow from  the first . 

Not surprising...

~

 

16 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ps i am the only human being i know well enough to use as an example of being human, so yep I will always use myself as a reference point 

I could hardly use you,could I?  But YOU can use yourself. 

You could always try telling the truth but meh... 

~

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
13 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Please, dont impute your own fears or concepts to/on  me. I am sorry if that is what you took from  my posts, but its not quite accurate 

Hi Walker

Fears,..:huh: huh about what talking? I had hoped that I made it clear that I was not speaking down to you just trying to show certain differences that might be required in selection and that not all people would be candidates.

17 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

yes i am a social being (although i can also live for months at a time alone. I am never truly  alone as long as i have my mind and thoughts)

Walker, I was not talking down to you, yes you may have had some periods of time alone but you have shown a desire to be accepted by others and a couple of months is nothing in terms some people's lives nothing to get upset about. I have been single for 35-6 yrs worked alone so there are going to be obvious differences in our tolerances that's all.

22 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

But i dont see or get what you mean about "other's perspectives."

Ask a guy who wins the lottery if people around them change, as an android you may be subject to social isolation because people fear the tech or hate it and you have never dealt with racism and I grew up with it not saying it's a detriment just saying that it might be a more difficult challenge then it seems at firdt glance.

27 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

It happens that,  in my community,  my code makes me respected  and admired  because it matches the values and ethics of the rest of the community,  but i would live by it even in a different community.

Ultimately your community would not see THE YOU in the same way and see you as a something other.

28 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You cant just adjust your ethics to fit in or be popular .

I never have I go where ever I want and don't care what people think because I am a fair man.

31 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

otherwise not sure what you are actually getting at. 

All I am saying is that there will be certain criteria that will need to be met in order to ensure a successful transition and there will be a limited number of people that will satisfy the criteria.:D

jmccr8

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
26 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I said tha t i would happily live in an android body  (or even in a computer although that  would be less fun) if it was an alternative to death. Thats because I am not my body but my mind.

so you could be in the body of a Brad Pitt look a like in his 20's, or an ant- but still type the same stuff... hmmm, ok then . oh joy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

or might the y deliberately NOT choose a version of themselves, because they wanted something/one,  different to partner, and  to  complement their own skills, attitudes, and beliefs  Heck i love myself but i wouldn't want to be married to me.

My wife, being totally different to  me, adores me :) 

Hi Walker

Curious thought, if people were making multiple copies of themselves would you have to propose to the original donor or just buy one?:lol:

jmccr8

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

dearie me, I regret reading these posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

dearie me, I regret reading these posts

shame you didn't think this before posting 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

shame you didn't think this before posting 

Not my posts jarmy !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
Just now, Habitat said:

Not my posts jarmy !

what?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
19 minutes ago, Habitat said:

dearie me, I regret reading these posts

Cheer, cheer the gangs all here.:lol:

funny-tail.gif

jmccr8

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
20 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Cheer, cheer the gangs all here.:lol:

funny-tail.gif

jmccr8

Yeah yeah, the gang are all here, feeding their Walker mania ! there is only one cure...…...

 

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Please, dont impute your own fears or concepts to/on  me. I am sorry if that is what you took from  my posts, but its not quite accurate 

yes i am a social being (although i can also live for months at a time alone. I am never truly  alone as long as i have my mind and thoughts)

But i dont see or get what you mean about "other's perspectives."

i live by a code, not by how others react to me or perceive me.

It happens that,  in my community,  my code makes me respected  and admired  because it matches the values and ethics of the rest of the community,  but i would live by it even in a different community.

You cant just adjust your ethics to fit in or be popular . 

otherwise not sure what you are actually getting at. 

I think he just means that having a lot of experience in many areas does infer more advantage. 

For ex: Using Jay as an example. He has a lot more experience in a lot of areas compared to the rest of us, not that he is better...
 

But this does give an ability to adapt to all kinds of circumstances and a confidence in ones competence that doesn’t need constant watering, this enables a natural popularity.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Yeah yeah, the gang are all here, feeding their Walker mania ! there is only one cure...…...

 

See the source image

Hi Habitat

You may have noticed that Walker was invited and has willingly joined the discussion of his free will and we are just having a discussion, would you like to join in as well seeing as you are here or would you prefer that I start a thread for you too?:D

I included you as one of the gang.:huh:

jmccr8

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
11 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I think he just means that having a lot of experience in many areas does infer more advantage. 

For ex: Using Jay as an example. He has a lot more experience in a lot of areas compared to the rest of us, not that he is better...
 

But this does give an ability to adapt to all kinds of circumstances and a confidence in ones competence that doesn’t need constant watering, this enables a natural popularity.

 

 

 

 

:wub:

Hi Sherapy

Thanks and yes that is exactly what I was getting at that we are different and even then I might not be a suitable candidate as there are things that I would have trouble dealing with like sex for one thing or rather the lack of not to mention the sense experience of the smell and feel of a fresh talced, oiled scented woman that dressed just for me.:D

jmccr8

 

Edited by jmccr8
A hopeless endeavor to correct at least one defect
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

:wub:

jmccr8

Also cloning for evolutionary advantage some basics matter, brawn, brains, sex appeal and probably reproductive advantage.

My sister is engaged to this guy 7 years now and the relationship is not intimate and I asked her how does this work, why would you consider marrying the guy  (they are in there 50s ) she said and I quote “you have to find someone attractive to even want to be intimate with them”  I personally, could not accept being in a sexless situation and therefore would not be a good match.

Jay, what are your thoughts on this? 
 

 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Also cloning for evolutionary advantage some basics matter, brawn, brains, sex appeal and probably reproductive advantage.

My sister is engaged to this guy 7 years now and the relationship is not intimate and I asked her how does this work, why would you consider marrying the guy  (they are in there 50s she said and I quote “you have to find someone attractive to want to be intimate with them” 

Jay, what are your thoughts on this? 
 

 

Hi Sherapy 

I was just amending my post when you posted this, some minds huh.:innocent::whistle:

Personally I would have a hard time with it maybe harder that I care to think about. If I am in a relationship it isn't just physical appeal but the whole package, smart, funny, confident and knows that they are the most desirable part of my life although sometimes I don't express it properly.

One time I phoned my wife at quitting time and told her I was famished and she should slide down the bannister and warm up supper, that didn't go over so well as I got a hardy serving of cold shoulder and hot tongue for supper that night.:huh:

jmccr8

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.