Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Afterlife, digital copies or clones

jmccr8

On 11/16/2020 at 4:56 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Language exists so that people can express thoughts so words have a specific purpose and yes cats are called  by different words in different languages but everyone understands what a cat is because it is a description of something that exists

Not really

Well yes but they describe one real cat and one imaginary god apple-orange

No and given the criteria of what a god is nor do I have any expectation of meeting one

Yes

To do what read stories that have no more documentation than yours does?

Gee I don't know but I have met a lot of people over the years and have met a variety of people and yes there were a couple that thought they were some kind of prophet but no no one has ever told me that they had met god personally or and angel.

jmccr8

"Everyone" knows what a dragon or an elf is and yet they  do not exist.  

Its true that someone who doesn't read or watch the media/movies etc. might not know what a dragon is but  if you  lived in place without cats you wouldn't have experience with them either  The point is that it doesn't matter if gods or ghosts  are real or not, when it comes to identifying one 

You dont have to expect or believe in a god for it to come to you, :)  (The y are a bit like dogs in that way)

When you read a text book or a travel book you are taking the word of the author,  unless you already have knowledge experience of what's in the book .

10 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

And yet you still believe in imaginary or real dragons when we know that they don't exist?:huh:

jmccr8

No I dont believe in them. Whatever gave you that idea  ?

10 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Well much as you like to thinks so your world is unique to you and not what many experience in life. Yes I know you will argue fruitlessly to maintain your position but in reality that is all it is, your perspective.

jmccr8

Every human beings' life experiences are individual to them Sometimes our experiences overlap(eg most of us have met a dog or a cat  (but fewer have ever eaten one)  Sometimes they do not (You havent met a god or a ghost )

And yes it is my perspective, But so is yours, and yours is formed and maintained by your own experiences.  

9 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

No I can't, that's just a faith-based belief of yours.  I asked you to believe it since it's just a matter of 'choice'.

...I don't think have ever been mentioned as affecting the ability to choose your beliefs.  This seems to determine and control my beliefs actually.

Neither of those are true, there is no such thing as 'true knowledge' from our perspective.  I have experience with the things you have, I just didn't come to the wrong conclusion about them like you.

Your definitions are getting worse.  If justified true beliefs are true then there's no reason not to refer to them as knowledge.  Unless now 'knowledge' means things that are true from personal experience and 'justified true beliefs' are true despite not personally experiencing them, which doesn't agree with your previous definitions.

No, you realize wrong.  I came up with a ridiculous example to test whether you can just 'choose to believe it' as you claim not only you do but others do also, despite these others telling you directly that they do not. 

Kinda funny how the copy and pasting from google is absent here on this, maybe it's because you've already checked that out as I already have and can't find much to support your position that we consciously choose what we think is true.

Yes they can.That is the nature of the human mind and cognition A human being CAN choose to believe anything the y like, no matter how ridiculous, if the y have a good enough reason to.  If the y choose to  believe something known to be untrue then this can be either the result or the cause of psychological problems  

well if you don't form your beliefs and disbeliefs via rational choices you are in trouble :) 

Look up the experts on these questions The nature of knowldge is defined if sometimes debated 

Justified true belief is the academic term for things which happen to be true, which we choose to believe, but which we cannot KNOW eg  What is the distance from  the earth to the moon? Have you ever measured itm or do you just have a belief, which is almost certainly justified and true,  based on data you got from  a second or third hand source? 

and yep thats been exactly my position all the time True knowledge or actually just  real knowledge is learned from personal experience, so that you KNOW it is true. Everything else which you "know" is basically either justified true belief or sometimes justified false belief  

I learned how humans learn to think and speak as part of my educational studies. Ive learned more over the years 

its hard to believe you  cant find how human beliefs are constructed  But I admit tha t google is a bit dense in this regard 

Our thinking is a result of the collection of beliefs and perceptions we hold, which I call a Belief Construct, and determines the way in which we perceive reality. We develop our Belief Construct from all of our personal experiences along with what we have learned or been told and then accepted as real. Each time we acquire new beliefs and ideas, the entire Belief Construct is reorganized to incorporate this information. As we experience more and get older, we have an increasingly sophisticated structure that grows and changes with each new experience. Your Belief Construct is the basis for how you perceive things, whether things are right or wrong, important or unimportant, and so on.

When a person’s Belief Construct is more important than what they want or the feeling that is happening inside of them, they are living a life dictated by beliefs. They are missing the most exciting parts of life and condemning themselves to conflict and dissatisfaction. You have the right to question and change any belief. By doing so, you choose how you perceive and live your life. You give yourself the freedom to overcome angst and conflict and open the door to greater peace and happiness. You give yourself the right to get what you want. 

https://thriveglobal.com/stories/belief-constructs/

Physically speaking, then, how does a belief exist in the brain? "My own position is to think of beliefs and memories as very similar," says Taylor. Memories are formed in the brain as networks of neurons that fire when stimulated by an event. The more times the network is employed, the more it fires and the stronger the memory becomes.

Halligan says that belief takes the concept of memory a step further. "A belief is a mental architecture of how we interpret the world," he says. "We have lots of fluid things moving by - perceptions and so forth - but at the level of who our friends are and so on, those things are consolidated in crystallised knowledge units. If we did not have those, every time we woke up, how would we know who we are?"

Neuroscientists have long looked at brains that do not function properly to understand how healthy ones work. Researchers of belief formation do the same thing, albeit with a twist. "You look at people who have delusions," says Halligan. "The assumption is that a delusion is a false belief. That is saying that the content of it is wrong, but it still has the construct of a belief."

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2005/jun/30/psychology.neuroscience

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10699-015-9409-z

11 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

OK, now I can tell just how far removed from reality you really are. :yes:

ROFLMAO 

Because I have had experiences that you have not,  you  think l am "out of touch" with reality 

Of course it is the inverse which is true. Your experience with reality is limited  and hence your understanding of its nature is like wise limited  

Ive spoken at length to experts, both professionally and personally.  Not one has suggested I cant tell reality from non reality. Indeed clinical diagnoses found the opposite to be true.

I have a high level of abilty (and the skills required) to discern external and internal realities. Professionals don't comment on whether gods angels ghosts etc are real.

The y just  work out your abilty to tell reality from  non reality  Ie if you  can tell what is outside your mind from tha t which exists within your mind) and if you  have the skills required to do so.

Even the atheist psychologists i have spoken with never suggested that the things i encountered  weren't real.

The y just put them in an  "unexplained"  basket and told me the y encounter many people with similar experiences  

Because you do not believe these things exist, you believe that anyone who claims contact with them is mistaken  

That is simply not true  but, anyway, you need to recognise that it is only your belief, not anything  you can know, or prove. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Even the atheist psychologists i have spoken with never suggested that the things i encountered  weren't real.

Image result for I AM Crazy Meme | Crazy funny memes, Crazy meme, Funny  memes

You're a funny old man, Walker. I'll give you that. :lol:

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

"Everyone" knows what a dragon or an elf is and yet they  do not exist.  

Hi Walker

That is correct.:tu:

Its true that someone who doesn't read or watch the media/movies etc. might not know what a dragon is but  if you  lived in place without cats you wouldn't have experience with them either  The point is that it doesn't matter if gods or ghosts  are real or not, when it comes to identifying one 

I would suggest that most children by age  know what dragons are and that they are imaginary and that even if a child never saw a cat in person that they know they are real because they are everywhere unless of course they live in a bubble in isolation. Hell when I was younger I couldn't believe how many people living in an agricultural environment hadn't ever seen a cow but they all knew what a cow was and were aware that it was our food source so there was no illusion of real or imaginary cows we ate them and knew we did.:D

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

You dont have to expect or believe in a god for it to come to you, :)  (The y are a bit like dogs in that way)

I don't and so far no gods but lots of dogs, for some reason animals like me.:yes:

When you read a text book or a travel book you are taking the word of the author,  unless you already have knowledge experience of what's in the book .

To be fair most of what you argue here is based on things you read, heard by either chit-chat or media that get filtered through your personal biases and delivered here to us. Yup we read stuff, some of us slower than others or heard stuff just like you did maybe even on some of the same subjects and for some reason end up on different planets and i's quite full on this one how much space you got?;)

Because apparently not everyone gets the same understanding of material so generally the what the majority deems accurate is the norm and at this point in time the majority of the human population does not claim to have seen god in a physical form and until they do I will pretty much stand by what my personal concept of god is.

jmccr8

• Like 1

No I dont believe in them. Whatever gave you that idea  ?

Hi Walker

Because you used them in your argument as a comparative of real is just as real as imaginary.:huh:

jmccr8

• Like 1

Every human beings' life experiences are individual to them Sometimes our experiences overlap(eg most of us have met a dog or a cat  (but fewer have ever eaten one)  Sometimes they do not (You havent met a god or a ghost )

And yes it is my perspective, But so is yours, and yours is formed and maintained by your own experiences.  

Hi Walker

Correct, up to the bit where I meet god if I eat a dog.:angry:

Yes it is your perspective and it works for you in your life in where you are and most of us don't live there we live somewhere else no place more important than the other but vastly different so no offence to you but I can't be you because I am me.:D:tu:

jmccr8

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

but it still has the construct of a belief.

Was the belief constructed as an act of will by a believer or instead more by the brain automatically?  There's a difference between 'people can have ridiculous beliefs' and 'people can use their free will to consciously choose to believe in any proposition'.  I don't see much supporting the latter, there definitely wasn't anything in your links, and since it likens it to memory it sounds like something more involuntary.  If you respond try to not keep typing statements that are ambiguous between these two belief-formation alternatives - 'construct of a belief' doesn't tell us anything about how it was constructed or whether it was an act of will.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Was the belief constructed as an act of will by a believer or instead more by the brain automatically?  There's a difference between 'people can have ridiculous beliefs' and 'people can use their free will to consciously choose to believe in any proposition'.  I don't see much supporting the latter, there definitely wasn't anything in your links, and since it likens it to memory it sounds like something more involuntary.  If you respond try to not keep typing statements that are ambiguous between these two belief-formation alternatives - 'construct of a belief' doesn't tell us anything about how it was constructed or whether it was an act of will.

IMO Beliefs cannot really be constructed or maintained other than consciously However, there can be subconscious drivers which go to how and why we construct a belief 

Eg i generic  have to consciously   construct a belief in a god, but i may not realise that i chose to  construct this belief because it met a need in my life     I might choose to love a particular woman but not realise this choice was influenced by how i felt about my mother :)  I might choose to be honest but not appreciate the many factors which helped me make this choice 

if a belief was totally sub conscious you  wouldn't be aware of it , you wouldn't act on it, and thus it wouldn't be a belief 

I see no difference.

if a person can choose to believe anything, then the y can choose to believe the most ridiculous things (like a flat earth or faked moon landings ) They do need to have a compelling reason to believe such things and also a logical ( if factually incorrect) reasoning for doing so 

If you  cant see the reasoning/connections   in the links do a bit more research.

I suspect your preconceptions are closing off what was being said (but then i am more open to some pov than the norm and have more background in cognition and belief construction )

I admit the links were long, and only in part made the point i was arguing.  I did wonder if oyu would find or make the connections yourself    Sometimes it was inherently understood (as when i bolded the sentence on belief CONSTRUCTS) 

you cannot construct build or maintain any cognitive pattern without conscious input   Thus the use of the word construct implies conscious choices eg a building doesn't get built without planning, design,  effort and choices Neither does a belief 

I really didn't want to be more specific as it is better for a person to find and come to information themselves 

Its true that there can be a fine line between our consciousness and  subconscious thoughts , but if you know you  have a belief then you can work out how and why you constructed it  If you totally dont know you  have a belief then you dont have it :)  

In reality we can know and understand our subconscious choices through conscious investigation and reasoning  

https://aeon.co/ideas/is-consciousness-a-battle-between-your-beliefs-and-perceptions

Edited by Mr Walker

7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I really didn't want to be more specific as it is better for a person to find and come to information themselves 

Ha, all I can say is that I don't think I've ever seen your postings reflect this credo in the past.

12 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Thus the use of the word construct implies conscious choices eg a building doesn't get built without planning, design,  effort and choices Neither does a belief 

So we can choose our beliefs like we choose what to make for breakfast.  You may think you do 'construct' beliefs voluntarily but if you have really read anything about it then you should have noticed the number of psychologists who disagree with you, and that it is a far deeper and apparently partly sub/unconscious process.  I can't make myself choose to believe that Jupiter is made of cheese, and it's not because I 'know' it's not using your definition.  I think some things are true and some things are not, and the only willpower I seem to have over those is my 'choice' of what to investigate to try and change those.  I don't believe in ghosts, I can't just sit here and change that through thinking, all I could do is keep looking for some evidence that may convince 'me' to believe in them.  I don't willfully decide to 'become convinced'.  Regardless, since I'm the only one with 'evidence' about my own mind using your definitions then it is wrong for you to say that I and others arrive at our beliefs using our will the way you believe yourself to, because that itself is just a faith that you have.

13 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

if a belief was totally sub conscious you  wouldn't be aware of it , you wouldn't act on it, and thus it wouldn't be a belief 

Who said anything about 'totally'?  We act on things in our subconscious despite not being aware of them, that's usually why the 'subconscious' even merits a mention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Ha, all I can say is that I don't think I've ever seen your postings reflect this credo in the past.

So we can choose our beliefs like we choose what to make for breakfast.  You may think you do 'construct' beliefs voluntarily but if you have really read anything about it then you should have noticed the number of psychologists who disagree with you, and that it is a far deeper and apparently partly sub/unconscious process.  I can't make myself choose to believe that Jupiter is made of cheese, and it's not because I 'know' it's not using your definition.  I think some things are true and some things are not, and the only willpower I seem to have over those is my 'choice' of what to investigate to try and change those.  I don't believe in ghosts, I can't just sit here and change that through thinking, all I could do is keep looking for some evidence that may convince 'me' to believe in them.  I don't willfully decide to 'become convinced'.  Regardless, since I'm the only one with 'evidence' about my own mind using your definitions then it is wrong for you to say that I and others arrive at our beliefs using our will the way you believe yourself to, because that itself is just a faith that you have.

Who said anything about 'totally'?  We act on things in our subconscious despite not being aware of them, that's usually why the 'subconscious' even merits a mention.

Exactly 

Indeed its identical 

Of course you may choose breakfast by habit, preference, hunger, desire for something different,   what's available to you,   etc.., on any one day but basically you choose your breakfast.

Like wise you choose your belief (and others like ethical/ moral etc. ) constructs.

H ow do you think you get YOUR beliefs ?

Where do they come from,  if not from choices your mind makes?

Oh Ive read the literature and in part it is correct but i also covered tha t 

Subconscious beliefs can be discovered, interrogated, and  altered, by our  conscious mind, and one of the roles of psychologists is to help people do this  

But even subconscious choices are choices over which you  have control You just have to work at it a bit harder.

so you might form a belief based on things you learned as a child and it becomes part of your subconscious world view.

BUT you can recognise it.

Recognise how and why you constructed it, and then decide to keep it or alter it or abandon it 

You CAN make yourself believe that Jupiter is made of cheese but it would be dangerous, stupid and illogical to do so, and so why would you choose to? 

Yet people make themselves construct just as ludicrous beliefs 

Well, let's say someone offered me a million dollars to believe  it 

I could do it, no worries, because  THEN   it would be stupid and illogical NOT to construct that belief.

Then, when i had the million dollars i would deconstruct it .

I could  do a good enough job to fool a lie detector and even brain scans.

Beliefs are just constructs we build for a purpose/reason  With a good enough reason you can build any belief.

evidences are irrelevant  (well at least not essential)  in the formation of beliefs.   Indeed. enough evidence and you have knowledge which prevents belief construction 

You can change ANY belief or thought pattern through will because that is all thought patterns are .    Patterns of neural energy, which we can shape  and form, or reshape, or deconstruct . 

A human being can,( and should) learn how  to  be able to,  alter any cognitive state by will  and discipline

Ie rather than feel fear, build courage. Rather than feel anger, construct peace.  Rather than feel hate, construct love.  Rather than vengeance, construct forgiveness.

it is hard to learn (unless you learn it as a child)  and then easy to do  

Neuroscience has established much about the human mind and cognitive patterns.

I hate to tell you  :) but basically your mind and mine are the same.

What i can learn to do you can learn to do and vice versa.

My point was that beliefs are never totally subconscious.

So there we agree,  if we  were totally unaware of something, it couldn't influence us to act.    

Edited by Mr Walker

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

IMO Beliefs cannot really be constructed or maintained other than consciously However, there can be subconscious drivers which go to how and why we construct a belief 

Hi Walker

I am copy/pasting you quote from Dany's thread here to respond.

just  a quick comment 

I dont write for particular posters or groups of posters, i write as if I am writing to a million unknown people. 

Your comments are probably correct, yet even you ask why i do it. 

if you  are familiar with my reasoning , why ask? 

Ps its not deceptive either deliberately or incidentally 

I see my entity AS the same "god"  humans have known for tens of thousands of years   Personally i dont see it as a god, but most people would disagree if it entered into their lives.  

You might be writing to anybody but you are talking to us why pretend you are on a stage? We come here to spend time with people that we have come to know and for learning,laughing and beating dead horses.:lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

I am copy/pasting you quote from Dany's thread here to respond.

just  a quick comment 

I dont write for particular posters or groups of posters, i write as if I am writing to a million unknown people. 

Your comments are probably correct, yet even you ask why i do it. 

if you  are familiar with my reasoning , why ask? 

Ps its not deceptive either deliberately or incidentally 

I see my entity AS the same "god"  humans have known for tens of thousands of years   Personally i dont see it as a god, but most people would disagree if it entered into their lives.  

You might be writing to anybody but you are talking to us why pretend you are on a stage? We come here to spend time with people that we have come to know and for learning,laughing and beating dead horses.:lol:

jmccr8

That is just how i see it.

I write to an audience, not to anonymous posters on the internet.

That audience may not exist, but i write as if it does.

I write as if a million people are reading it and its being recorded for posterity 

Just my narcissistic hubris I guess :)

I've been "on a stage and performing to an audience"  for almost half a century (That is basically what teaching is) 

Too much trouble to change now.  :) 

I write as if a million people are reading it and its being recorded for posterity 

I've been "on a stage and performing to an audience"  for almost half a century (That is basically what teaching is) 

Top 30 Curtains GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

You write some interesting fiction, that’s for sure. Your tall tales have made me laugh a few times.

I know just how much your narcissistic ego enjoys the attention, though. That’s why you continue pushing those wild assertions and tall tales. You can’t resist inserting your personal anecdotes or patting yourself on the back in virtually every thread you have ever commented on. Youre completely unwilling to accept being incorrect about anything and when you realize that you don’t know what you’re talking about you twist things around and come up with your own definitions of things so that it turns out you weren’t wrong after all, we just didn’t read or interpret what you were saying properly. IMO that is one of the most frustrating traits about you: “no you didn’t read what I said”, “no you misinterpret what I am saying”, as if we are somehow woefully incapable of understanding the greatness that is Walker. It’s unbelievably irritating seeing things like “yet again you didn’t read my post” or “again you misunderstand me” to people who clearly understood what was written, and are more than capable of such. For years it has been the same thing: you make a ridiculous claim, somebody challenges your claim, you insert some personal anecdote about one of your achievements or personal “speshul” abilities and try to tie it into the topic in some way, people claim nonsense or refute your argument, you claim they didn’t understand what you were actually saying then you shift the topic in a greasy way in the hopes that they don’t notice and call you out on it. Myself and others have read enough of your uncreative writing over the years to notice when this happens.

I don’t know why you are the only person on this forum who does this to such an extent, despite the fact that many others have called you out on it. Might be because you’re just a bored old man who doesn’t want to come to terms that he’s no longer relevant.

If only you were half as believeable or interesting as you project yourself. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

You write some interesting fiction, that’s for sure. Your tall tales have made me laugh a few times.

I know just how much your narcissistic ego enjoys the attention, though. That’s why you continue pushing those wild assertions and tall tales. You can’t resist inserting your personal anecdotes or patting yourself on the back in virtually every thread you have ever commented on. Youre completely unwilling to accept being incorrect about anything and when you realize that you don’t know what you’re talking about you twist things around and come up with your own definitions of things so that it turns out you weren’t wrong after all, we just didn’t read or interpret what you were saying properly. IMO that is one of the most frustrating traits about you: “no you didn’t read what I said”, “no you misinterpret what I am saying”, as if we are somehow woefully incapable of understanding the greatness that is Walker. It’s unbelievably irritating seeing things like “yet again you didn’t read my post” or “again you misunderstand me” to people who clearly understood what was written, and are more than capable of such. For years it has been the same thing: you make a ridiculous claim, somebody challenges your claim, you insert some personal anecdote about one of your achievements or personal “speshul” abilities and try to tie it into the topic in some way, people claim nonsense or refute your argument, you claim they didn’t understand what you were actually saying then you shift the topic in a greasy way in the hopes that they don’t notice and call you out on it. Myself and others have read enough of your uncreative writing over the years to notice when this happens.

I don’t know why you are the only person on this forum who does this to such an extent, despite the fact that many others have called you out on it. Might be because you’re just a bored old man who doesn’t want to come to terms that he’s no longer relevant.

If only you were half as believeable or interesting as you project yourself. 

You know nothing :) 

yes i enjoy story telling but for the pleasure it gives others, not for my own ego  I wrote my first story aged about   7 for my younger brother about a manmade form a peanut who slept in a matchbox  I wrote our family history for others and i wrote a lot of dungeons and dragon modules for friends and family 

I understand that others see an imaginative bloke and assume that all his stories are fiction.

Thats untrue.

I have ad a life filled with real and interesting things /events and with imaginative and fascinating things .

I ihave no problem at all keeping the two separate 

Not completely unable Once in a while I am wrong, but its extremely rare   Of course right and wrong dont apply to opinions or beliefs but its extremely rare for me to make a factual error   

The definitions  i use are not "my own" constructs  but accepted as part of normal language Sometimes the y may be modern or vernacular, sometimes the y may have an historical root or etymology  

I can always  defend them using sources.  Because of  my particular education i tend to be more accepting of a wider application of language, while some think a dictionary is the be all and end all of definitions 

ie idont  usually argue that people are wrong about a word, just that there are wider applications and usages of it 

and people DO constantly misinterpret and misread what i wrote. A few even post points that i never made as coming from me I dont know if that is deliberate or simply  that they  have reinterpreted what  i actually wrote through what the y find it possible to believe,  or through how the y view me 

eg its been said that i support slavery yet ive categorically said that i do not.

However historically slavery was an inevitable product of social technological  and economic circumstances.

Slavery can sometimes be preferable to  the death of an individual or a society 

thus we cannot condemn past societies for keeping slaves  anymore than a future society could legitimately condemn us for practices we find quite normal (like eating meat or using animals ) 

None of my claims are ridiculous, although they  are often designed t obe debatable  and promote discussion

All my personal recollections are true and go to why and how i know some things and have certain values and ethics 

lol Bbored? i wish i could be so lucky :) Ive never been bored since I was a child and every day is so filled that it is tiring   To get everything done i go to bed after midnight and get up around 7 

We are in a 6 day lock down at the moment and its given me a few hours extra to catch up (eg cant walk the dogs which used to take me an hour each day  Cant get a coffee and read the paper (another half an hour)   cant visit anyone like  friends, family, neighbours or the elderly  ( an hour or so each day)  or travel out of the town, and can only go to the shops once a day  

old? what's age got to do with anything? 

Irrelevant ? 

While no longer a paid professional,  i am still playing a significant purpose as a carer  for my wife and in my community 

eg I run a swap fridge outside our house  where people can take or exchange  books and dvds  (all sanitised )  I have an extensive garden which provides food to neighbours and community.  I am the support person for two young mothers and their children and spend an hour or so each day on the phone listening to them and helping them, plus helping with practical things  like money and labour. As above i visit some (truly) elderly people to give them companionship and support

ps Oh, and in real life i am at least TWICE as interesting as online :)  

What you see of me here, is about 1/24 of my life 

Edited by Mr Walker

6 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You know nothing :)

:no:

yes i enjoy story telling but for the pleasure it gives others, not for my own ego  I wrote my first story aged about   7 for my younger brother about a manmade form a peanut who slept in a matchbox  I wrote our family history for others and i wrote a lot of dungeons and dragon modules for friends and family 

The bold is unnecessary, and speaks to your inability to refrain from making discussions focus on you in some way.

Not completely unable Once in a while I am wrong, but its extremely rare  

and people DO constantly misinterpret and misread what i wrote.

Sure they do.

None of my claims are ridiculous,

Myself and others on this forum strongly disagree with this point.

All my personal recollections are true and go to why and how i know some things and have certain values and ethics 

Except for the whale in the tuna pen, among others.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

The bold is unnecessary, and speaks to your inability to refrain from making discussions focus on you in some way.

Sure they do.

Myself and others on this forum strongly disagree with this point.

Except for the whale in the tuna pen, among others.

The bold was a direct response  to this criticism

I know just how much your narcissistic ego enjoys the attention, though. 

ie i write not for my ego but for the pleasure and information    it gives others The examples made my point  

But yes i enjoy all forms of communication. 

Of course people  without similar experiences find some of mine  "ridiculous"

However the y are not Being true they  cant really also be ridiculous   

That  recollection was also true as far as can be ascertained  

I gave two  slightly difernt recollections of an event from  40 years ago  

No one now knows which was more accurate,  but in fact the truth could have been a combination of the two ie the baby whale escaped over the net  but divers had altered the net to allow it to do so 

Remember I was called a liar  for even saying that a whale had been caught in the enclosure, and then escaped 

Now people want to claim I was lying because i gave two slightly different recollections of the event

This goes to  a desperate  need by them to discredit anything i post  so the y can remain comfortable in their own limited worlds and their states of denial     

A perception of ridicule is often a defence mechanism against an unwanted truth  Ie deflection by ridicule 

Edited by Mr Walker

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

quoted instead of edited.

Edited by Mr Walker

29 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

ie i write not for my ego but for the pleasure

Hi Walker

Isn't pleasure a quality of ego?

I don't want this thread to turn into a burn session  we have been doing well in discussion because you are showing they why you think the way you do, just look at how much material we have exchanged.

We are talking this isn't a theater or podcast and if you address some of the questions effectively then your audience will have a better understanding of the "Science of Walker". Yes I do tease you when you relapse into your childhood to adult stories which we are all aware of. I started this thread for you so we could talk about the science behind your claims and perspectives and everyone has been fairly civil for the most parts and do have fun and the mods haven't had to step in with warning so as far as I can tell we are doing good so let's continue anew.

Clones, Aliens and the definition of god

I do wonder, you have just recently stated that you have written a story about a peanut, family history,Dungens and Dragons, etal and yet one of the things I have been waiting for is to relate word for word a conversation with your alien or recorded it's message why is it that you do not have this someone wrote the bible and the Koran and their gods said something or commanded something? You god/alien hasn't said anything all we have it your interpretation of something that you have not clearly described and ask that we just say amen brother, it's not like that here so I want to know what part of you has that need to be filled and why.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
not sure but did it anyway
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

A perception of ridicule is often a defence mechanism against an unwanted truth  Ie deflection by ridicule 

Also frequently a response to encountering foolishness.

-

ETA, on a point arising:

I gave two  slightly difernt recollections of an event from  40 years ago  

No one now knows which was more accurate,

One of the "recollections" was physically impossible. We accepted the other one.

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eight bits said:

Also frequently a response to encountering foolishness.

-

ETA, on a point arising:

One of the "recollections" was physically impossible. We accepted the other one.

No it was not physically impossible if you  are referring to the whale breaching 

A whale breaches by putting part  of  its body out of the water 

From my recollection the baby whale breached /  jumped over the  ring surrounding the  pontoon but i was observing from  above. It is possible divers had collapsed or sunk the ring a little to help the whale  escape The idea tha t a whale, especially a young one cant breach and jump like that tis wrong ive seen them do it myself  There are also a few recorded cases of them jumping into similar pens  To breach a whale doesn't need to  have much speed  or room 

look at some of the videos on this site Humpback whales can jump half way  out of the water from a standing start, just with the power of their tails 

https://oceanconservancy.org/blog/2020/04/01/humpback-whales-breach/

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked