Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CGI James Dean to star in new movie

Eldorado

"Hollywood icon James Dean is due for a cinematic resurrection after it was announced the actor has been “cast” in a Vietnam war drama about military dogs.

"According to the Hollywood Reporter, directors Anton Ernst and Tati Golykh have acquired the rights to use the image of the actor – who died in 1955 – from his family in an adaptation of Gareth Crocker’s novel, Finding Jack. The novel follows a soldier who bonds with a labrador called Jack during the conflict, but is ordered to leave the dog behind, along with thousands of others, when the US military pulls out.

"The film-makers will use pre-existing film and photographs to create a “full body” CGI version of Dean, with another actor providing his voice."

Full monty at the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/nov/06/james-dean-to-be-resurrected-for-new-vietnam-war-drama

And at NME: https://www.nme.com/news/film/james-dean-will-return-via-cgi-star-vietnam-war-movie-2565317

• Like 5

I wondered when this would happen.  Soon big productions will use the likeness of deceased actors and pay people much less to wear a green body suit, saving millions.  I wonder when the new Jayne Mansfield comes out?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I wondered when this would happen.  Soon big productions will use the likeness of deceased actors and pay people much less to wear a green body suit, saving millions.  I wonder when the new Jayne Mansfield comes out?

I heard that Whitney Houston was set to do some touring again :(   I guess I can see the draw but it's also kind of creepy if it becomes common.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

El,
Do you remember this CGI message from beyond the grave?

(The Monkhouse estate gave their blessing)

Clever stuff!

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

I remember my first husband  looked just like  James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, 1955.

a second husband that looked just  liked  Elvis

elvis-presley-thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, acute said:

I find this one a bit creepy:

Oh wow, that's amazing.  Gosh she was beautiful - although I thought they made her look a bit too anime-ish in that.  The eyelashes were a tad over the top.  Still amazing! :wub:

• Like 1