Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USS Nimitz pilot: 'there are missing tapes'

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to USS Nimitz pilot: 'there are missing tapes'

So if anything the USS Nimitz incident was understated. Not surprised ! 

• Like 2

Of course there’s most likely additional footage not available to the public. 

The original snippets of footage were not intended to be released publicly. 

And of course Fravor and Day would not be given access to additional footage/radar records, given how they have publicly mishandled the information.

• Like 2

According to Fravor there was no information grab as claimed by some crew.  He states that in other interviews.

The issue here is the missing "tapes".

These are digital images and I suspect that there were no tapes. Everything would be digital. It would be just as people on home computers make copies.

I'll bet that they used DVDs or Bluerays as the "tapes". Anyone working for the military knows that it is policy to destroy any CDs, DVDs, or Bluerays that are not properly marked.

It's very possible that his "tapes" were not properly marked and were destroyed according to SOP, standard operating procedures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't trust this guy and I don't find him credible. I watched him on Rogan and he just gives me some weird kind of vibe. His PIC doesn't help him with me either. Whenever Jeremy Corbell supports somebody I tend to write them off. 

• Like 1

We shouldn't get swayed by the person, how they talk or dress, but rather by the things they bring to the table.

For example, there is the talk of copies of "tapes".

There is a reason that the military uses WORM drives. That is Write Once Read Many drives. The CD and its cousins are of that nature. Things like external hard drives and thumb drives allow users to alter the data on the medium. A CD and its cousins can be closed. That means no more information can be added. In this manner the military or other group working with classified material can assure that the information on the media does not change. The information is placed on the media. It is closed. The content is verified. If that content comes from an unclassified system then it is unclassified data. If it comes from a secret system then it is secret. 

Fravor has stated that the videos were unclassified. If that is the case then either the videos were properly declassified or they originated from an unclassified system. 

Is it possible that the copies he obtained came from a secret system making them secret and they were properly disposed of due to their classification. Later the videos were declassified. That's a possible scenario.

It is also possible that the copies he obtained came from an unclassified system, but he did not label them properly. Improperly labeled CDs and their cousins are necessarily destroyed without viewing.

It is also possible that the copies he obtained were unclassified and properly labeled but destroyed as part of a standard operating procedure on board.

There are many variations that simply mean that people did their proper and expected jobs.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 10:59 PM, Robotic Jew said:

I don't trust this guy and I don't find him credible. I watched him on Rogan and he just gives me some weird kind of vibe. His PIC doesn't help him with me either. Whenever Jeremy Corbell supports somebody I tend to write them off. 

Rohan is too excitable. 

On 11/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, AllPossible said:

1 thing I've learned over the years.... If people show up with plain clothes & have authority it means it's important

The Men in Black is the first thing I thought of when I read that. :)   

• Haha 1