Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who shot Jesus?

Eldorado

"A 12ft painting of the Last Supper which for a decade has hung behind the altar of a country church will this weekend go on display at a gallery with the addition of a disturbing and depressing mystery: who shot Jesus?

"The painting is the work of the celebrated portrait artist Lorna May Wadsworth and has travelled to Sheffield for a retrospective of her work at the Graves Gallery.

"When the painting was unpacked, Wadsworth spotted something nobody else had. A hole in the right side of Jesus which has subsequently been confirmed as a bullet hole."

Full story at the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2019/nov/06/artist-lorna-may-wadsworth-discovers-bullet-hole-in-jesus-in-last-supper-painting

And at the Ad-heavy UK Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/jesus-painting-shot-bullet-last-super-artist-wadsworth-a9190276.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

That painting is a bloody car crash anyway. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

That painting is a bloody car crash anyway. :lol:

I'd encourage shooting it if somebody else hadn't already.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Wistman said:

I'd encourage shooting it if somebody else hadn't already.

It should of been used for Bonfire Night. :yes:

• Haha 3

I couldn't tell which one was supposed to be Jesus or why they were all leaning so weirdly.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I couldn't tell which one was supposed to be Jesus or why they were all leaning so weirdly.

Neither could I. :huh:

• Like 2

Well for one everybody in that painting looks a lot more attractive than Jesus and his deciles likely were :-P

And it was obviously Colonel Mustard in the Library.

• Haha 3

I don't particularly like the painting, but I do think it's ignorant of someone to deliberately damage it with an air rifle. The artist would have put a lot of work into painting that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I couldn't tell which one was supposed to be Jesus

Good point. The one standing seems the central figure?

or why they were all leaning so weirdly.

"Livin' la vida loca"...a bit too much vino lol.

• Haha 3

On 11/12/2019 at 6:05 AM, QuickQuickSlow said:

Who wouldn't shoot that painting?

Who knows Quick maybe that bullet passed through someone first or was intended to.:lol: You know how families are when they get drunk at weddings.:whistle:

jmccr8

On 11/12/2019 at 11:48 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Hi Desertrat

They were all drunk.:lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2019 at 12:57 AM, Eldorado said:

"A 12ft painting of the Last Supper which for a decade has hung behind the altar of a country church will this weekend go on display at a gallery with the addition of a disturbing and depressing mystery: who shot Jesus?

"The painting is the work of the celebrated portrait artist Lorna May Wadsworth and has travelled to Sheffield for a retrospective of her work at the Graves Gallery.

"When the painting was unpacked, Wadsworth spotted something nobody else had. A hole in the right side of Jesus which has subsequently been confirmed as a bullet hole."

Full story at the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2019/nov/06/artist-lorna-may-wadsworth-discovers-bullet-hole-in-jesus-in-last-supper-painting

And at the Ad-heavy UK Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/jesus-painting-shot-bullet-last-super-artist-wadsworth-a9190276.html

I hate to say it, but the guy with the airgun may be more of an artist than the actual painter.  I'd head over and shoot out the hands myself, but it would be too derivative.

• Sad 1