Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Field of Love

OverSword

A friend occasionally forwards me an email that he subscribes to.  I thought this one a bit interesting.

The Field of Love
Thursday, November 7, 2019

The physical phenomenon of quantum entanglement is a wonderful illustration of the interconnected nature of reality, both spiritual and material. Allow me to try to explain in layperson’s terms: In quantum physics, it appears that one particle of any entangled pair “knows” what is happening to another paired particle—even though there is no known means for such information to be communicated between the particles, which are separated by sometimes very large distances. [1] Perhaps we could compare this to phenomena such as bilocation, mental telepathy, providence, or synchronicity.

Most people of faith, however, have credited such frequent happenings to angels, the intervention of saints, or God, which is honestly as good a way to talk about these things as any—except this makes them exceptional, supernatural, or one-time anomalies instead of the implanted norm. Non-believers might ignore or deny such things or call them mere “accidents” or chance. All we seem to know is that “we” did not do this by any of our contrivances. It just “happened” by seemingly unseen or chaotic forces.

Read the rest here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

A friend occasionally forwards me an email that he subscribes to.  I thought this one a bit interesting.

Read the rest here

I like that article.

"We should all be instruments of peace" what beautiful sentiment.

The quantum mechanics mixed in with it is utter nonsense though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2019 at 4:06 AM, danydandan said:

The quantum mechanics mixed in with it is utter nonsense though.

Some people like to have science back up the 'features' of religions or beliefs. If quantum theory and the way it works does explain what mystics have been saying for thousands of years, then why not relate one to the other?

What makes it utter nonsense in your opinion?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ocpaul20 said:

Some people like to have science back up the 'features' of religions or beliefs. If quantum theory and the way it works does explain what mystics have been saying for thousands of years, then why not relate one to the other?

What could have related the two better than......

The multiplicity is only apparent. This is the doctrine of the Upanishads. And not of the Upanishads only. The mystical experience of the union with God regularly leads to this view, unless strong prejudices stand in the way.

9 minutes ago, Habitat said:

What could have related the two better than......

The multiplicity is only apparent. This is the doctrine of the Upanishads. And not of the Upanishads only. The mystical experience of the union with God regularly leads to this view, unless strong prejudices stand in the way.

The Upanishads are some interesting texts, but I personally don't think they really apply here. The followers of these texts lived alone like Hermits never allowing any entanglements to occur quantum or other wise.

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

The Upanishads are some interesting texts, but I personally don't think they really apply here. The followers of these texts lived alone like Hermits never allowing any entanglements to occur quantum or other wise.

Schrodinger was of course eminent in the field of quantum physics, and the comment appears to suggest those texts agreed with his conclusion. The unity of all being.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Schrodinger was of course eminent in the field of quantum physics, and the comment appears to suggest those texts agreed with his conclusion. The unity of all being.

I suppose we can interpreted things how we choose to, we are all unique individuals with different ways of analyzing the Same subject.

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

I suppose we can interpreted things how we choose to, we are all unique individuals with different ways of analyzing the Same subject.

Our ego, being built on distinction, is very resistant to the idea that the "multiplicity is only apparent"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Our ego, being built on distinction, is very resistant to the idea that the "multiplicity is only apparent"

Agreed!!!

18 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Well for one the Author clearly doesn't understand what entanglement actually is. There is nothing spiritual about it,......all you gotta do is observe.

• Like 2