Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof that plants can read our thoughts?

johnkeel1980

This scientist spent almost 50 years studying the consciousness of plants, and he came to some pretty far out conclusions, including that they appear to react to our thoughts and intentions. His studies were never replicated, but he insisted the replication attempts were fundamentally flawed. Do you believe him?

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LDJeEkH7alk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by johnkeel1980
  • Like 3

Be interesting to know whether plants prefer us to eat them directly, or eat animals that eat them ....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Natural kingdom, vampiric to rootless...

4 hours ago, johnkeel1980 said:

His studies were never replicated, but he insisted the replication attempts were fundamentally flawed. 

On that point it is reasonable to think the psychic nature of the experimenter is a factor. Materialist based replication expectations  don't consider the psychic nature of the individuals involved (or that there is even such a thing as a psychic nature).

For example I believe gifted psychics can produce amazing results that I could never replicate myself.

33 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

For example I believe gifted psychics can produce amazing results that I could never replicate myself.

Hi Papageorge

Might want to try fertilizer, I put a new lawn in the backyard and it grows like snot been mowing it twice a week.

jmccr8

• Like 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

On that point it is reasonable to think the psychic nature of the experimenter is a factor.

no it's not reasonable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

no it's not reasonable

It’s quite reasonable 

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

tell me something that makes it reasonable 

Some people may be more psychically open and energetic than others. That's a variable if you are trying to replicate an experiment.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Some people may be more psychically open and energetic than others. That's a variable if you are trying to replicate an experiment.

Nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, johnkeel1980 said:

His studies were never replicated, but he insisted the replication attempts were fundamentally flawed. Do you believe him?

Hi,

I do. Most of us do not understand how consciousness works. Which is fine at this point. We all have a lot to learn about a great many things.

John

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Nonsense.

So the game here is you ask me for reasoning and then give one word responses. Lovely.

• Like 1

When does it stop being able to read my thoughts? 

What I really want to know is...How bad am I making fruits and vegetables in the grocery store feel when I pass them over for not being pretty enough?

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2019 at 8:32 PM, johnkeel1980 said:

This scientist spent almost 50 years studying the consciousness of plants, and he came to some pretty far out conclusions, including that they appear to react to our thoughts and intentions. His studies were never replicated, but he insisted the replication attempts were fundamentally flawed. Do you believe him?

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LDJeEkH7alk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I did not watch what is said on the video because it is easier for me to read what is written than to understand verbally.

Plants have consciousness and soul only organs of expression they do not have as a person, therefore in order to catch their experiences you need to connect sensitive equipment or call an experienced psychic.
Once I read a whole book about the consciousness and life of plants and how they respond to a good attitude of people or fear.

The most famous case is when a person was sitting in front of a cactus and for a very long time begging him to drop the thorns and the cactus began to drop them. That's how the person’s words changed the cactus and our science is trying to forcefully change the DNA of the plants.

Another case. In the room where the sensitive plant was standing, a crime was committed. And then the equipment was connected to the plant and when people were taken in for identification in turn, when the real criminal was introduced, the plant recognized him and showed strong fluctuations on the graph.

The plant even reacted to the person’s speech and when the person said that he would cut the leaf, the plant reacted by vibrations on the graph. It also reacted when the person mentally created a fire and brought it to the plant.

A plant is the same person only means of expression are very limited, it is motionless and can only grow and give its smell and beauty.

In the distant future, plants will be transformed into intelligent beings and animals will be transformed even earlier.

• Sad 1

Plants have no nervous system. They do not show any signs of consciousness. 

I did not watch the video because it was not properly introduced. Is this material written up someplace?

As for this gem of nothingness: '"or example I believe gifted psychics can produce amazing results that I could never replicate myself."

I bet they could easily hoodwink. I think it is safe to assume that you'd fall for all of their malarkey..

Could this come from a site such as this:

https://wakeup-world.com/2015/05/26/the-consciousness-of-plants/

Consciousness exists in everything, but manifests itself in different ways. With the reality that all matter is energy vibrating at different frequencies, it is reasonable to say that all matter has consciousness in its unique way, since all matter comes from the same source and is comprised at its basics level of the same building blocks. This universal principle can be seen in DNA consciousness as well, and is true for any state of energy – be it a solid, liquid, gas or plasma – manifest as plant, animal, human, crystalline or higher-dimensional life forms.

Plants communicate just through feeling. They are purely feeling beings, they do not even know what “thinking” is (except to the extent that they can get a taste of what “thinking” means when they connect with a human). You have to get in touch with your own feelings in the moment in order to communicate with a plant.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:25 AM, Essan said:

Be interesting to know whether plants prefer us to eat them directly, or eat animals that eat them ....

Well now, I believe that plants under attack by insects send out chemicals in their leaves to deter eating them and also odors that attract beneficial (predatory) insects. Maybe we are one of their answers to larger herbivores.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well now, I believe that plants under attack by insects send out chemicals in their leaves to deter eating them and also odors that attract beneficial (predatory) insects. Maybe we are one of their answers to larger herbivores.

We are simply symbiotic slaves to our grass overlords ... :o 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Weren't the ancient druids big on communicating with Trees? Or at least let on to?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

Weren't the ancient druids big on communicating with Trees? Or at least let on to?

And today....the GREEN movement talks to trees   AND   the planet.....go figure that one out.  Who the ....................... were the Druids anyway?  Do you   t r u s t  the druids?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 6:32 PM, johnkeel1980 said:

Obviously most people would hide that they talk to plants.

We know that Prince Charles does, and.... well I have to admit that I do too. When I was growing this years chilli plants I complimented each one everyday. And I got a bumper harvest. Not only am I nice to them I have to even admit to giving them a little tipple of Guinness and the occasional coffee.

Those two drinks are their favourites. If you treat your plants well (especially making them fell special) they grow big and strong.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I read an article on Keelynet.com which was very interesting on this subject and was originally written in 1993. Later, I searched for the page on there but it no longer exists on that website but I have a copy of it because I thought it important. Unfortunately it is over 5000 characters long so I need to post it somewhere else and link to it. I will post a little and then find how to post the rest and link to it. Complete article is here

POTATO.ASC
This file shared with KeelyNet courtesy of Dan Davidson.
Potatoes Can See
A REPORT BY JACK SALTER
Aug.1, 1993 OF
WATERFORD MICHIGAN

In the late 60's I was working for a company, in southern Michigan, called Space Defense Corp. The company was engaged in basic research with most of the contracts being with NASA. The question of particular interest to us at the time was, "What would happen to man's biological rhythms in a long term deep space flight?"

Man has about 280 biological clocks ticking away and are more or less associated with the Planet Earth. So if we take man and send him into deep space, is he going to fall apart?

The plan was to take something simple, study its' biorhythms on earth, then shoot it into deep space, then compare the biorhythm, which would give you conjecture as to Man. After a reasonable study the Potato was elected-it was simple, lots of data in the data banks, and the life-blood of Americans. To help clarify the data we elected to only fly the eye of a potato thus reducing the size of the experiment.

Pertinent Data:

Sample size - 1/4" diameter - 3/4" long potato eye plug.
    Oxygen consumption- 10 Cubic Inches in 90 days.
    Oxygen transducer was used to control the partial pressure
    Potato chamber was constructed entirely of aluminum to preclude the possibility of any Lumens being able to excite the eye.
    The chamber was pressurized to one atmosphere and maintained to one millionth of a PSI-this is so the eye cannot sense barometric changes.
    Ambient temperature was controlled to within three Degrees F

One of the first things that we noticed was that not all eyes survived the plugging operation. The potato eye would go into post operative shock as if he were trying to decide if "He" were going to live or die. He would not take a breath for 2 or 3 days, but, if the potato were plugged during the full moon the breathing would start almost immediately. Thus giving more credence to the "Farmers Almanac" saying that "if you want to have a good potato crop you should plant in the light of the full moon".

Edited by ocpaul20
add link to article

On 11/14/2019 at 2:00 PM, Coil said:

I did not watch what is said on the video because it is easier for me to read what is written than to understand verbally.

Plants have consciousness and soul only organs of expression they do not have as a person, therefore in order to catch their experiences you need to connect sensitive equipment or call an experienced psychic.
Once I read a whole book about the consciousness and life of plants and how they respond to a good attitude of people or fear.

The most famous case is when a person was sitting in front of a cactus and for a very long time begging him to drop the thorns and the cactus began to drop them. That's how the person’s words changed the cactus and our science is trying to forcefully change the DNA of the plants.

Another case. In the room where the sensitive plant was standing, a crime was committed. And then the equipment was connected to the plant and when people were taken in for identification in turn, when the real criminal was introduced, the plant recognized him and showed strong fluctuations on the graph.

The plant even reacted to the person’s speech and when the person said that he would cut the leaf, the plant reacted by vibrations on the graph. It also reacted when the person mentally created a fire and brought it to the plant.

A plant is the same person only means of expression are very limited, it is motionless and can only grow and give its smell and beauty.

In the distant future, plants will be transformed into intelligent beings and animals will be transformed even earlier.

Interesting.   It only makes sense that plants respond to stimuli.   Many years ago my brother, just a kid at the time, waved a lit match near an ivy and that plant wilted.   so yes, I believe they do "feel".

Back on solid ground, we have much to learn about plants.

The Secret Life of Plants by Peter Tompkins & Christopehr Bird is an excellent book which details many experiments along these lines. Well worth a read.

So now that I have posted what maybe circumstancial evidence that plants, does no-one have much to say about it? I think those observations about those potato eyes are really interesting and could easily be developed into more experiments.

Edited by ocpaul20

2 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

The Secret Life of Plants by Peter Tompkins & Christopehr Bird is an excellent book which details many experiments along these lines. Well worth a read.

So now that I have posted what maybe circumstancial evidence that plants, does no-one have much to say about it? I think those observations about those potato eyes are really interesting and could easily be developed into more experiments.

I picked up a couple of potatoes for the grill and man...those eyes...they just kept looking at me like...you're not really going to throw me on that fire are you?  But...yeah...I did ...and they were delicious.  

• Haha 1