Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
johnkeel1980

Proof that plants can read our thoughts?

29 posts in this topic

Tom1200
On 11/14/2019 at 7:00 PM, Coil said:

Once I read a whole book about the consciousness and life of plants and how they respond to a good attitude of people or fear.

The most famous case is when a person was sitting in front of a cactus and for a very long time begging him to drop the thorns and the cactus began to drop them. That's how the person’s words changed the cactus and our science is trying to forcefully change the DNA of the plants.

Another case. In the room where the sensitive plant was standing, a crime was committed. And then the equipment was connected to the plant and when people were taken in for identification in turn, when the real criminal was introduced, the plant recognized him and showed strong fluctuations on the graph.

The plant even reacted to the person’s speech and when the person said that he would cut the leaf, the plant reacted by vibrations on the graph. It also reacted when the person mentally created a fire and brought it to the plant.

A plant is the same person only means of expression are very limited, it is motionless and can only grow and give its smell and beauty.

In the distant future, plants will be transformed into intelligent beings and animals will be transformed even earlier.

Red bit - a WHOLE book?  If I'd ever done that I would also brag about it!

Blue bit - we've all heard of these cases in books on the paranormal but you're not supposed to believe them.  The authors and the publishers certainly don't.  They are all made-up nonsense for gullible customers.  Take the part "And then the equipment was connected to the plant" - what equipment?  What was it measuring?  How did this ultra-sensitive plant respond to being probed in this way?

Green bit - Limited expression?  I've got a lovely potted Peace Lily called Rose who sings me the weather forecast each morning.  And I'm currently losing at chess to a sedum "Indian Chief" I've named Piney.

Purple bit - oh, I give up.  Please just stop talking rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stereologist
On 12/25/2019 at 10:37 PM, ocpaul20 said:

I read an article on Keelynet.com which was very interesting on this subject and was originally written in 1993. Later, I searched for the page on there but it no longer exists on that website but I have a copy of it because I thought it important. Unfortunately it is over 5000 characters long so I need to post it somewhere else and link to it. I will post a little and then find how to post the rest and link to it. Complete article is here

That sounds like a fake story, possibly some bizarre ideas from real science.

How about this link about a real experiment. This is the "Spudnik" experiment which is vaguely referenced in the material you linked to.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp?R=19720008635

This seems to verify that to be the case.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/272671477/

Lowly Potato To Be Orbiting Spudnik In Try To fSkiit Biological Mystery DETROIT. (AP) A common potato that sells for pennies a pound is going to be carried into gpace soon by a multimillion dollar rocket to search for what scientists hope will be a key to a biological mystery. Hoping to discover that key, Space Defense Corp. in suburban Birmingham, Mich., in conjunction with the National Aero- If - v,:'i I , . I " ,. t I s j; h.,.l.,ri-.l ..A fC jM 1 1 DR. MICHAEL DE BAKEY . . . plastic spare Substitute Heart Try Due In Year nautics and Space Administra-, tion, plans to orbit the potato within the next two years. The high-flying potato project has been christened "Spudnik." Bruce Pine, a biologist with Space Defense Corp., says "the possibilities of this thing are enormous. If Spudnik accom plishes what we expect, its po tential in the study of the entire area of biological science is staggering." Spudnik is designed to probe what Tine calls the "riddle of biorythmicity, one of the five most important .questions in biological science." Pine said biorythmicity describes the tendency of living organisms to become active at regular, predictable intervals. "It's all very well to say sudden spurts of growth in adolescents are due to an increased presence of the growth hor-1 mone," said Pine. "What we want to know is what stimulates the gland which produces the hormone and why the stimulation occurs." Pine said one school of thought contends clock-like mechanisms inside the cell con trol activity and that no outside forces influence stimulation of cells. Another view says outside forces such as the sun, moon and gravity dictate variations in organic activity. The greatest problem in attempting to prove the theory has been the near impossibility of elimination of such outside forces in experimentation. "By taking advantage of space we get away from the exertion of all earth-bound forces," Pine said. "We have a virtually empty environment, and 1 if standard biorythmicity occurs we can be relatively sure the cause is inside the cell." Scientists have for several months tested a potato encased in an aluminum alloy container like the one which will take it into space. The container is a self-contained unit, capable of measuring the potato's Intake of oxygen and expulsion of carbon dioxide to within 12-millionths of a cubic centimeter less than one-lOth the size of a pinpoint.

Sloppy text is due to the use of OCR on that page.

And another reference to the real work.

https://books.google.com/books?id=35n4DoayNDEC&pg=PA3579&lpg=PA3579&dq="Space+Defense+Corp"+potato&source=bl&ots=uxVqgAxIuJ&sig=ACfU3U3lEZ6Cr2tRK6IMzds83XgawTGLhQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwixnoT5ivDmAhVnoFkKHSkSCoIQ6AEwAXoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q="Space Defense Corp" potato&f=false

stereologist

Plants do not have nervous systems. They have structures which are not like animals and vice versa.

Plants do react to stimuli. That is what living things do. Their responses have been refined over millions of years.

If we want to find out about all of the woo concerning plants it goes back to a guy named Backster. The Secret Life of Plants is really  about Backster and his whatever you want to call it.

The paranormalists call this woo "The Backster Effect"

https://study.com/academy/lesson/the-backster-effect.html

His experiments were not scientific. They lacked controls. They lacked proper controls. When others did it properly they saw nothing. 

No matter what happened there was an effect according to Backster. Nothing happens and the plant is bored. He sees something that could simply be a bad connection or static or whatever and he claims the plant is reading his mind.

It's sad that people fall for such malarkey

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

White Crane Feather
On 11/7/2019 at 10:32 AM, johnkeel1980 said:

This scientist spent almost 50 years studying the consciousness of plants, and he came to some pretty far out conclusions, including that they appear to react to our thoughts and intentions. His studies were never replicated, but he insisted the replication attempts were fundamentally flawed. Do you believe him?

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LDJeEkH7alk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Id be skeptical of the science, however from my own experiential metaphysical investigation into plant consciousness, I discovered that this world would be more like your awareness of inside your veins or heart. Particularly trees. Imagine if your bones were outside of your body and your conscious world is focused inward. It really is a lot different sort of experience. I was blessed with it a while ago. It was amazing. 

• Sad 1