Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcist banishes 'ghost' from family home

UM-Bot

Invisibility technology, alien invasion ?

Edited by debra odem

I remember this case. I lived about half a dozen streets away at the time.

• Like 1

I believe exorcisms by the clergy are just a way of calming down the people and giving them confidence to not be afraid.They could accomplish this themselves by having no fear,as it's this that is giving power to the negative energy.They create their own "demons" in a way.

• Like 2

Ultimately perhaps, such cases are, above all, a testament to the power of belief.
https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/331844/exorcist-banishes-poltergeist-from-family-home

Yep,  as stated in the article,  "power of belief". 

"I'm not at all religious but I got a real sense of happiness and calm after the house was blessed. It was very emotional for me."

It was a different story a week before when the paranormal investigators visited the house.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/poltergeist-terror-family-halloween-exorcism-3489385.amp

Absolute ******** a none religious person would not be calling in a priest and let me guess,  she was a skeptic before calling in the paranormal investigators!  

Sorry but i never believe people who say they are not religious and yet call or go to a priest for help. She does not mention anything about plumbers or surveyors.

As for the priest who had done loads of exorcisms,  but had never see a ghost,  well,  it was his job to keep people believing in the power of god and religion and to be fair,  if he could help those who gone over the edge in belief,  then good for him,  not sure a psychiatrist could have done any better without wearing a dog collar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

As for the priest who had done loads of exorcisms,  but had never see a ghost,

It doesn't surprise,so many of them are on such a low level of existence that no bad energy would dare come close to their evilness.

6 hours ago, openozy said:

It doesn't surprise,so many of them are on such a low level of existence that no bad energy would dare come close to their evilness.

I do not understand, I would have thought bad energy would love a bit of evilness. 

What do you mean by low level of existence,  are you referring to a priest? 

32 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I do not understand, I would have thought bad energy would love a bit of evilness.

I was trying to put a bit of humour in a horrible subject.

34 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

What do you mean by low level of existence,  are you referring to a priest? 

Yes,just the percentage that have delved as low as you could go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

It's just an excuse to get out of Hull!!!! I'd make up a story to get out of there to.:D

Hey! It's not as bad as it's made out icon_bah.gif

(OK, it can be)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Hey! It's not as bad as it's made out icon_bah.gif

(OK, it can be)

The further North you go the worse it gets :tsu:

• Haha 1

Placebo: a beneficial effect produced by a placebo drug or treatment, which cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

My favorite part of this story is, "The blessing was quite routine but I rarely feel anything and I have never seen a ghost." Really? You don't say. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jowasmus said:

My favorite part of this story is, "The blessing was quite routine but I rarely feel anything and I have never seen a ghost." Really? You don't say. LOL

Its absolutely beyond!

• Like 1

"when Reverend Tom Willis was called in to conduct an exorcism"

- regardless of the outcome, this line suggests that the "tests" and permission structure for validating the exorcism is non existent.  They can just be "called in" now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, greastimposter said:

- regardless of the outcome, this line suggests that the "tests" and permission structure for validating the exorcism is non existent.  They can just be "called in" now.

"Heard creaking pipes, or your lights don't work?

Who ya gonna call...?"