Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Falcon Lake UFO files donated to university

UM-Bot

One of the problems I can't get around with the tale here is the hand being burned by touching the outer surface.

The saucer he describes as 40 feet in diameter. Was he so unlucky that he touched the only spot on the surface that was hot or was the entire surface hot?

It certainly could not be the latter. He'd have felt the heat long before he touched it. He'd have felt the heat on his face, the goggles he claimed to have on would not have covered his entire face. He'd have felt it long before he touched the surface. 

I've been in the desert after a desert varnished face went into the shad and it was hot out 10 feet from the surface. I would not have been burned touching it, but a large surface that is hot can be felt by any exposed skin as being hot.

I am also amused by his wall of blinking lights comment.

It's good that the notes are going to a university. They describe a moment in time when a lot of people were dragged into someone's fantasy world.

If it was a UFO from outta space, then has entering the earth's atmosphere so fast, (like UFO's are damn fast), then all that heat and fire who made the UFO really hot.

• Like 2

That design is similar to the one i saw and got an impression of being manmade, only there were rectangular windows on the upper portion. I think the whole surface would be hot if the outer parts spins, also it sounds like they were having mechanical issues so its not the most suprising part. What tipped me to man made was the fact that sheets of metal amd bolts were clearly visible on the frame... It wasnt smooth or what i would expect to be spaceworthy. That and people talking, i wonder if that was his only basis for the conclusion. Also who the hell keeps flying around in these things?

• Like 1

Moving quickly through the air does make things hot. The windows of the Concorde became noticeably hot. The entire plane increased in length by 18cm when it was in flight due to the heating of the plane.

Check out the following link.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0199a.shtml

Still, if a spot was hot enough to burn then how did Michalak get close enough to touch the object without noticing the heat?