Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 people ‘unresponsive’ after flu shot

BrooklynGuy

Some really sad news here. :(

10 people ‘unresponsive’ after getting insulin instead of flu shot

A clinical care facility in Oklahoma is under investigation after wrongfully giving insulin shots instead of flu vaccines to 10 patients. Eight residents and two employees at Jacquelyn House, which serves people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, were affected, according to Sgt. Jim Warring of the local police department, who spoke to CNN. First responders arrived at the scene Wednesday afternoon and “found . . . multiple unresponsive people,” said Chief Tracy Roles during a later news conference.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/11/08/10-people-unresponsive-after-getting-insulin-instead-of-flu-shot/

• Sad 4

That headline sucks, so misleading!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I was a two year program learning to do medical imaging I was taught the importance of VERIFYING what the hell I was injecting into a patient.  We didn't inject medication, ever.  It was always a contrast agent for the imaging but we still had to learn the discipline of protecting against mistakes.  No nurse would EVER do something so careless if they were professional in any way.  How the HELL do you repeat the same mistake TEN TIMES?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They contracted a pharmacist to come in and administer the shots. They weren't given by anyone from the facility. It's just a really lucky thing someone noticed that it may have been insulin that was injected before anyone died. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1