Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Michael Bloomberg ?

Unusual Tournament

Michael Bloomberg poised to enter US presidential race

the former mayor of New York, is actively considering entering the US presidential race, potentially disrupting the contest to become the Democratic nominee for next year’s election.

The billionaire businessman earlier this year announced that he would not run for the Democratic nomination, but he was expected to register as a candidate on Friday in Alabama, a state with a deadline of November 8th for primary candidates to register.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/michael-bloomberg-poised-to-enter-us-presidential-race-1.4076536

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

One more hat in the ring.  Good luck to him.

• Like 3

:lol::lol:  I can't stop laughing at this.  What party is he going to run with?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the link CR. He certainly has the money to finance a 1st rate campaign and the credentials to be a serious challenger for Trump. I do wonder though if he is getting in too late and his entry at this point might serve to further splinter the party that imo needs to come to a consensus soon on who the best person for the job is, get behind that person 100% and focus on getting their message out. I applaud all the folks running for the Dem nod it must be a grueling job, however I think it would be more helpful at this point for those folks who have no chance of winning to drop out and get behind the 4-5 folks that have a realistic shot. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Thanks for the link CR. He certainly has the money to finance a 1st rate campaign and the credentials to be a serious challenger for Trump. I do wonder though if he is getting in too late and his entry at this point might serve to further splinter the party that imo needs to come to a consensus soon on who the best person for the job is, get behind that person 100% and focus on getting their message out. I applaud all the folks running for the Dem nod it must be a grueling job, however I think it would be more helpful at this point for those folks who have no chance of winning to drop out and get behind the 4-5 folks that have a realistic shot. 

We have been hearing about presidential candidates for 2 years.  by next year only half who said they were running will stll be on the roster.  I would rather people waited until 6 months before the election to start bombarding us with their campaign ads and I would rather the media left it alone until 6 months before.  We are so inundated with political yak yak that it doesn't matter that he just decided to run as long as he gets his paperwork filed before each state's deadline.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

One more hat in the ring.  Good luck to him.

Yeah i kinda like him. He's like a democratic Trump only credible. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

We have been hearing about presidential candidates for 2 years.  by next year only half who said they were running will stll be on the roster.  I would rather people waited until 6 months before the election to start bombarding us with their campaign ads and I would rather the media left it alone until 6 months before.  We are so inundated with political yak yak that it doesn't matter that he just decided to run as long as he gets his paperwork filed before each state's deadline.

6 months is too much to me. We need a 30 day election cycle with a spending/collection cap that doesn't exceed $1 million dollars per candidate. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

:lol::lol:  I can't stop laughing at this.  What party is he going to run with?

Everybody laughed at businessman and reality TV star Mr Trump. Those laughs soon turned to sobs and tantrums.  Remember?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Related...

Kanye West confirms he’s running for President

Thanks for the link Eldorado. :lol: I have to hand it to the Kardashian Marketing Machine. These folks have mastered the art of keeping there names in the Headlines, garnering millions and millions of dollars in free advertising and becoming Billionaires on the simple premise of being videotaped as they go about their day. :yes:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Everybody laughed at businessman and reality TV star Mr Trump. Those laughs soon turned to sobs and tantrums.  Remember?

go figure, in order to fight political corruption they voted for a corrupt businessman to "drain the swamp."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

6 months is too much to me. We need a 30 day election cycle with a spending/collection cap that doesn't exceed $1 million dollars per candidate. 

1 million!! Why would any of them need 1 million to spend on a campaign?  Actually I think we need to get rid of the commercials and spending all together.  Give every one $2000.00 for what ever campaign materials they want and cap it there.  The exorbitant amount of money they collect makes no sense, and based on the notifications and news it seems like it is more a competition to see who can raise the most money.  There is no reason to party for two years before an election as part of campaigning.  I would like to know how it works in Canada.  They seem to be much more reasonable than the U.S.  (not sure, but I don't think they get swamped with campaigning 2 years before any election)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

go figure, in order to fight political corruption they voted for a corrupt businessman to "drain the swamp."

Americans vote Red or Blue.  Candidate character is irrelevant.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

No, only the sheep and zombies vote that way. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

No, I didn't laugh and most people I knew didn't laugh, instead some of them started clearing out their bunkers, and I just hoped for the best, though I knew how it would play out.  The same when Reagan ran the first time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Very tribal. I encountered the same thing in Europe. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, only the sheep and zombies vote that way. 

Sheep equal democrats and the zombies republicans ?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Sheep equal democrats and the zombies republicans ?

No, they can be either, depending on whether they follow a wolf or just wander around in big groups looking at their phones.

• Like 5

he isn't making democrapts line up any better.   as a new yorker who lived here during his mayor times, i'll pass.  his stupid bike lanes crated horrible traffic in nyc, much worst than it was before.  he gives no shts about consequences  of his "good" ideas,  btw crime went up when he took over compared to when Rudy was a mayor.   his stop and frisk was unconstitutional, he has no problem with making illegal laws. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Americans have no say in president election,  it is all EC.  popular vote is just for show

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, they can be either, depending on whether they follow a wolf or just wander around in big groups looking at their phones.

phones have definitely zombified us all. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, aztek said:

Americans have no say in president election,  it is all EC.  popular vote is just for show

what was 2016?

• Like 1

Bloomberg is a gun-grabbing zealot...he loathes the Second Amendment... what about the other billionaires who are now backing pro-gun control measures? Why are they now pushing for tighter restrictions on gun ownership?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/billionaires-want-guns/

I'm not worried about Bloomberg winning this election ... I'm concerned about what happens after Trump's 2nd term is over...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Limits on spending would be a great idea in campaigns. It's well-known that money often wins elections, so it'd be good to see a level playing field between parties or candidates.

• Like 3