Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Michael Bloomberg ?

Unusual Tournament

Just now, Gromdor said:

He's richer.  So evidentially that makes him smarter. 

The entire Left maintains that Trump is an idiot and doesn't have a clue what he is doing.....but he is rich...so maybe that just makes Bloomberg dumber.  

Meanwhile...the economy continues to soar like an Eagle

• Like 2

Just now, joc said:

The entire Left maintains that Trump is an idiot and doesn't have a clue what he is doing.....but he is rich...so maybe that just makes Bloomberg dumber.  

Is it?

Remember when the economy crashed and we had to spend $12 billion to bail out the auto industry? 

How many billion have we spent to bail out farmers in this "Booming economy"? (Hint: more than double)

And that's not even going in on how the manufacturing sector is in an official recession already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Is it?

Remember when the economy crashed and we had to spend $12 billion to bail out the auto industry? 

How many billion have we spent to bail out farmers in this "Booming economy"? (Hint: more than double)

And that's not even going in on how the manufacturing sector is in an official recession already.

You...my friend...are delusional.

• Thanks 1

Just now, joc said:

One of us surely is.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-industrial-production-slumps-in-second-quarter-2019-07-16

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-19/farmers-say-trump-s-28-billion-bailout-isn-t-a-solution

Surely you are not calling Trump a liar and he didn't really bailout farmers.....?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The farmers plight is not due to our economy but rather because of the trade war with China.   Trump helped them.  That's all.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, joc said:

The worst part is that he's willingly so.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

The farmers plight is not due to our economy but rather because of the trade war with China.   Trump helped them.  That's all.

It seems you are confused at what an economy is and the factors that affect it- trade wars for instance.

1 minute ago, and then said:

The worst part is that he's willingly so.

Well, either you and Joc and wrong about this or Trump and his government are presenting false facts with their economic data. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I don’t think Trump will be able to look Bloomberg in the eye. Trump is the pretender, Bloomberg contender

Suppose that Bloomberg was up against the entire Leftist News Media as Trump is.  Suppose that Bloomberg had been through what the CIA and FBI put Trump through...do you really think he would be standing?  Trump is still standing.  He is the Rocky Balboa of politics...not a pretender...and when Bloomberg fails miserably which he will....no longer even a contender.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Suppose that Bloomberg was up against the entire Leftist News Media as Trump is.  Suppose that Bloomberg had been through what the CIA and FBI put Trump through...do you really think he would be standing?  Trump is still standing.  He is the Rocky Balboa of politics...not a pretender...and when Bloomberg fails miserably which he will....no longer even a contender.

I'll give him that.  Most people wouldn't even have a shot of being president after the Trump University fraud,  Trump Foundation fraud, having his personal lawyer put in jail for his campaign finance crimes, going on TV asking for Russian help with the election and receiving it, costing tax payers a quarter of a billion just to golf, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I'll give him that.  Most people wouldn't even have a shot of being president after the Trump University fraud,  Trump Foundation fraud, having his personal lawyer put in jail for his campaign finance crimes, going on TV asking for Russian help with the election and receiving it, costing tax payers a quarter of a billion just to golf, etc. 

:no:   :sleepy:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

:no:   :sleepy:

THIS^ is what just slays them the most.  They are crushed by the idea that not everyone hates the man as they do.  They simply cannot fathom his supporters so they hate them too.  THEN... their heads explode because his supporters laugh in their faces instead of apologizing for the "wrong" they've done to those dear, saintly Lefties ;) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

You can thank Obama for that. 

...getting back to Trump let’s just say not only doesn’t he know what he’s doing but even his party criticise him. Now if the republicans grew a backbone and dumped his dumb **** instead of supporting him for the sake of their jobs, America, the world would be better for it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...getting back to Trump let’s just say not only doesn’t he know what he’s doing but even his party criticise him. Now if the republicans grew a backbone and dumped his dumb **** instead of supporting him for the sake of their jobs, America, the world would be better for it.

What did Obama do that caused economic growth?

Obama had the slowest economic recovery after a reccesion since WW2.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2012/08/01/obama-wins-the-gold-for-worst-economic-recovery-ever/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rexsinquefield/2016/11/29/obama-and-the-dems-dismal-recovery/

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

@bee  I don’t think Trump will be able to look Bloomberg in the eye. 

Correct.  Trump is 6'3.... Little Mikey only 5'8

• Like 1

Maybe they could settle it like the businessmen they are.  Bloomberg could hint at a hostile takeover then offer Trump a golden parachute.   Trump would accept it and leave with a wave of his tiny hand.   Too bad they can't do it now and avoid all of the impeachment hullabaloo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Obama’s policies helped lift the economy out of a frightening slump and set it on a path to steady, if unspectacular, growth. In fact, I’d call this his biggest achievement. The scale of the financial panic of 2008 and the extent of the job losses that occurred in the first months of 2009 should never be forgotten. By “a number of macroeconomic measures—including household wealth, employment and trade flows—the first year of the Great Recession in the United States saw declines that were as large or larger than at the outset of the Great Depression in 1929-30,” Jason Furman, the chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, recounted in an exit memothat he posted online this week.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/obamas-economic-record-an-assessment/amp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Look Cap'n...you don't know what you're talking about okay...I mean, you really don't.  You live in Australia...so all you know about the US is what you read and hear in the press.

But I...I lived it!  I started my business in 1991..every single year my numbers went up...every single year.  What happened was...Obama...came in to town with all this talk about Transforming America...Hope and Change.  A lot of people...half the country...knew what he was going to do and we had a dufus as a candidate on the Republican side.

What happened was...people got scared and started pulling out of the stock market...because they feared Obama was going to be President...so they started pulling out of the stock market...this caused a chain reaction with Big Box stores like Home Depot, etc.  It spiraled downward fast...people were getting laid off left and right and a lot of people could not afford to continue paying their mortgages...and thanks to Bill Clinton...there were a ton of mortgages that should never have been gotten to begin with.

I got my mortgage on our new house in 2007...I almost lost it in 2008 because my numbers were down 50%.  It was a struggle all through the Obama years...not just for me but for a lot of people.  Now, the Left will spin that story to say it was George Bush's fault.  Just like they spin that Trumps economy is Obama's fault.  If Obama's economy was so great...why did Trump beat Hillary?  pffft...the left wants to say he stole it with Russia's help.  Not true.  Like I first said....you don't know what you are talking about...but I do...I lived it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Then who should we blames for the abysmal economies we were treated to for his 8 years?  All of that on the last Republican in office?  Simple minded lot you guys are.  Just as the crushing taxes and regulations the next D puts in place will be blamed on Trump, of course.  Transparent simpering malcontents, the lot of you.  It's as though you'll bear any trouble if you can only spew hate at the "other".  Soul and mind sickness on display.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, joc said:

Look Cap'n...you don't know what you're talking about okay...I mean, you really don't.  You live in Australia...so all you know about the US is what you read and hear in the press.

But I...I lived it!  I started my business in 1991..every single year my numbers went up...every single year.  What happened was...Obama...came in to town with all this talk about Transforming America...Hope and Change.  A lot of people...half the country...knew what he was going to do and we had a dufus as a candidate on the Republican side.

What happened was...people got scared and started pulling out of the stock market...because they feared Obama was going to be President...so they started pulling out of the stock market...this caused a chain reaction with Big Box stores like Home Depot, etc.  It spiraled downward fast...people were getting laid off left and right and a lot of people could not afford to continue paying their mortgages...and thanks to Bill Clinton...there were a ton of mortgages that should never have been gotten to begin with.

I got my mortgage on our new house in 2007...I almost lost it in 2008 because my numbers were down 50%.  It was a struggle all through the Obama years...not just for me but for a lot of people.  Now, the Left will spin that story to say it was George Bush's fault.  Just like they spin that Trumps economy is Obama's fault.  If Obama's economy was so great...why did Trump beat Hillary?  pffft...the left wants to say he stole it with Russia's help.  Not true.  Like I first said....you don't know what you are talking about...but I do...I lived it.

The funny thing is he's right yet you live there. You see more looking in the bubble than out.

are-you-seriousp-are-you-serious-haja-meme-51755232.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Soul and mind sickness on display

Yes, you've been showing us a lot of it lately. You should take a vacation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The funny thing is he's right yet you live there. You see more looking in the bubble than out.

are-you-seriousp-are-you-serious-haja-meme-51755232.png

By your own measure then, anyone who isn't in your family should have a MUCH clearer insight into its oddities... ;) 

16 minutes ago, joc said:

What happened was...people got scared and started pulling out of the stock market.

You do remember the housing bubble and the crash right?  All of those trash mortgage bonds being bought by investors and pension funds?  You do remember the failure of Lehman Brothers and all of the shennagins Wall Street went through?  That was in Bush's term. Housing prices peaked in 2006.  You remember all of those people getting mortgages that you thought should never even be able to buy a house and inflating the prices? Lenders were selling the mortgage bonds to suckers, they didn't care if they were junk and borrowers defaulted. Housing prices started to decline in 2006 and 2007.  You remember real estate agents saying you can't lose, housing prices will always go up?  It was a scam.  That was before Obama was elected.  

Bush didn't do it but it happened while he was President.  You can blame Obama for a lot of stuff, but not the housing market collapse.  You can blame Clinton for a lot of stuff but not the mortgages.  They came after he was out.  You can call it spin if you want, or you can read books about it and find out what it was.  A lot of people lived through it.  I bought my current house in 2004.  I doubled in value by 2006.   Fortunately for me, I was old school finance.  I bought a house I could afford and did not go for all of the zero interest or balloon payments or any of the nonsense they used to sell people more house than they could afford.  When it dropped by half, I still had a roof over my head and a payment I could afford. Now it is back up to more than double.  

People were not pulling out of the stock market in fear of Obama and businesses were not closing before the housing bubble.  

You may have lived through it but you were not paying attention.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, and then said:

Then who should we blames for the abysmal economies we were treated to for his 8 years?  All of that on the last Republican in office?  Simple minded lot you guys are.  Just as the crushing taxes and regulations the next D puts in place will be blamed on Trump, of course.

Nope.  The economy was going steadily up from 2009.  Check the charts.  It was growing at about 3%.  Trump said that was a terrible number, then he turns in a 2.6% last quarter.  Trump can take full responsibility for the tax cut and the trade war with China.   That happened on his watch.  Nobody else gets the credit for that or will take the blame if it fails.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You do remember the housing bubble and the crash right?  All of those trash mortgage bonds being bought by investors and pension funds?  You do remember the failure of Lehman Brothers and all of the shennagins Wall Street went through?  That was in Bush's term. Housing prices peaked in 2006.  You remember all of those people getting mortgages that you thought should never even be able to buy a house and inflating the prices? Lenders were selling the mortgage bonds to suckers, they didn't care if they were junk and borrowers defaulted. Housing prices started to decline in 2006 and 2007.  You remember real estate agents saying you can't lose, housing prices will always go up?  It was a scam.  That was before Obama was elected.  

Bush didn't do it but it happened while he was President.  You can blame Obama for a lot of stuff, but not the housing market collapse.  You can blame Clinton for a lot of stuff but not the mortgagesThey came after he was out.  You can call it spin if you want, or you can read books about it and find out what it was.  A lot of people lived through it.  I bought my current house in 2004.  I doubled in value by 2006.   Fortunately for me, I was old school finance.  I bought a house I could afford and did not go for all of the zero interest or balloon payments or any of the nonsense they used to sell people more house than they could afford.  When it dropped by half, I still had a roof over my head and a payment I could afford. Now it is back up to more than double.  

People were not pulling out of the stock market in fear of Obama and businesses were not closing before the housing bubble.  

You may have lived through it but you were not paying attention.

Bill Clinton signed it into law in 1999 right before he left office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2