Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Michael Bloomberg ?

Unusual Tournament

On 11/9/2019 at 8:02 PM, third_eye said:

I hope Kanye makes it, the Kardashians to redecorate the White House and Caitlyn Jenner for secretary of state... 

:yes:

~

With Jay-Z and Beyonce as opponents?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

With Jay-Z and Beyonce as opponents?

Under the rumored Illuminati ticket? 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

Correct.  Trump is 6'3.... Little Mikey only 5'8

It doesn't augur well for Kanye at 173cm.  No one that short has won since the 19th century.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

By your own measure then, anyone who isn't in your family should have a MUCH clearer insight into its oddities... ;) 

Thats....actually quite true.:tu:

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

All of those trash mortgage bonds being bought by investors and pension funds?  You do remember the failure of Lehman Brothers and all of the shennagins Wall Street went through?  That was in Bush's term. Housing prices peaked in 2006.  You remember all of those people getting mortgages that you thought should never even be able to buy a house and inflating the prices? Lenders were selling the mortgage bonds to suckers, they didn't care if they were junk and borrowers defaulted. Housing prices started to decline in 2006 and 2007.  You remember real estate agents saying you can't lose, housing prices will always go up?  It was a scam.  That was before Obama was elected.  

As I said...Bill Clinton's Administration made all of those loans possible.  

You can blame Obama for a lot of stuff, but not the housing market collapse.

Actually...I can...and I did...and I will continue to do so.  It was what we all learned about Obama while he was running for president that scared people.  Obama scared people with his leftist agenda....people did indeed pull out of the stock market before the election ever happened...by the time he was elected the damage was already done.  Home Depot and many other large businesses began laying people off.  Many of these people ...now unemployed...couldn't pay their mortgages.  The bubble was going to burst sooner or later but the catalyst was the fear that Obama caused by his leftist agenda and leftist associations like Bill Ayers, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

The funny thing is he's right yet you live there. You see more looking in the bubble than out.

are-you-seriousp-are-you-serious-haja-meme-51755232.png

Your stupid memes don't mean jack to me.  Whatever.  He isn't right...he's  L e f  t  and so are you and one I'm smart enough not to believe anything the left says.  So buzz off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

As I said...Bill Clinton's Administration made all of those loans possible.  

Actually...I can...and I did...and I will continue to do so.  It was what we all learned about Obama while he was running for president that scared people.  Obama scared people with his leftist agenda....people did indeed pull out of the stock market before the election ever happened...by the time he was elected the damage was already done.  Home Depot and many other large businesses began laying people off.  Many of these people ...now unemployed...couldn't pay their mortgages.  The bubble was going to burst sooner or later but the catalyst was the fear that Obama caused by his leftist agenda and leftist associations like Bill Ayers, etc.  

image.jpg

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

thanks.... :)

I've had a little look at Bloomberg speaking on video to try and get a handle on him and he doesn't
seem to have any charisma - which must be what Trump was talking about with his comment about him
not having 'the magic'....

but if he runs against Trump as the Democrat candidate he can be as dull as dishwater and still get a
lot of support.... mainly due to Trump Derangement Syndrome... at least one person here *coughfarmercough*
has said they will vote against Trump and vote Democrat no matter who the candidate is... and he won't be the only
one...

sooooooo anybody going to tear Trump off a strip for calling him 'Little Michael'.........?
remember it will have to be someone who has never gone on about Trump having little hands... 
or they might get accused of being hypocritical,,, ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, joc said:

Suppose that Bloomberg was up against the entire Leftist News Media as Trump is.  Suppose that Bloomberg had been through what the CIA and FBI put Trump through...do you really think he would be standing?  Trump is still standing.  He is the Rocky Balboa of politics...not a pretender...and when Bloomberg fails miserably which he will....no longer even a contender.

yes we will soon see the proof of whether Bloomberg is Deep State affiliated or not....
swampy or not...

according to how he is treated in the Mind Control Media... and the likes of John Brennan  etc..

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Nope.  The economy was going steadily up from 2009.  Check the charts.  It was growing at about 3%.  Trump said that was a terrible number, then he turns in a 2.6% last quarter.  Trump can take full responsibility for the tax cut and the trade war with China.   That happened on his watch.  Nobody else gets the credit for that or will take the blame if it fails.

Check the charts...check the charts...believe the charts...check the charts.....please stop with the mindless left narrative talking points.  Do you ever...ever?  think for yourself?

The charts don't tell you that Bob and Nancy and Jake and Mohammad and Jesus are all employed....highest employment in a long, long, time.  When people are employed they have money to buy things....that raises the economic landscape across the board.  It really isn't that hard Tatty.

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2019 at 4:51 AM, Hankenhunter said:

Can't be worse than the trees of woe from last year.

download.jpeg

Humbug...you just don't like Christmas colors.

Then again...maybe you'd prefer the white house christmas tree of years gone by...the one of Willie Clinton...you remember right?  The one with drug paraphernalia hanging all over it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

image.jpg

The only citation one really needs Hank is common sense.  Here is some for you:  Why did the housing bubble burst when it did?  Why didn't it burst two years prior? And why did the bubble burst anyway?

Answers:

The bubble burst because people began having their mortgages forclosed on.  They were being forclosed because they couldn't pay the mortgage.  Why couldn't they pay ther mortgage?  Because they lost their jobs.  They lost their jobs because their employers were forced to lay them off.  Why were they forced to lay them off?  Because people were pulling out of the stock market at an alarming rate!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, acidhead said:

Bill Clinton signed it into law in 1999 right before he left office.

Yes indeed you mean the repeal of portions of the the Glass Steagall  Act  by passing the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act removing regulation from business, especially Wall Street investment banks?

Or do you mean singing the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation?  

Holy Cow!  Removing pesky regulations that hold business back!  Such a Trumpian thing to do! Clinton was ahead of his time.

Or do you mean the Community Reinvestment Act which actually started under Carter?  

Yes indeed, the goal was to make home ownership more available since that seemed central to the American Dream.  In Clinton't term the down payment requirements were lowered.

However, the creative invention of balloon payments and 0 money down loans was not government policy, but capitalism taking advantage of a new niche that regulation had previously kept them out of.

Was Clinton stupid to do that?  Was he wrong to deregulate business?  With all of the business lobbyists telling people that they didn't need government meddling, they could regulate themselves it seemed a very popular thing to do. 

It was a very Republican response, if government gets out of the way, business will prosper.  

5 hours ago, joc said:

Check the charts...check the charts...believe the charts...check the charts.....please stop with the mindless left narrative talking points.  Do you ever...ever?  think for yourself?

The charts don't tell you that Bob and Nancy and Jake and Mohammad and Jesus are all employed....highest employment in a long, long, time.  When people are employed they have money to buy things....that raises the economic landscape across the board.  It really isn't that hard Tatty.

I get that point joc.  Just to be a nerd about it, you can't tell how many people are employed unless somebody tracks some numbers, but I get your point.  Employment is good.

Are you saying that the Dow Jones is not important to watch?  It does tell us something about the perceived health of American business which does lead to employment.  Of course it is not just stock charts, it is how many people businesses are hiring and how much are businesses spending on supplies.   Somebody has to hire Bob and Nancy and Jake and Mohammad and Jesus to let them earn that money.  And it is kind of circular.  Home Depot doesn't hire anybody unless customers with jobs  are coming in to spend money.

I like it when people have money to buy things,  I don't disagree that that is the best end result.  And indeed you are right, it is the highest employment if decades.

5 hours ago, joc said:

The bubble burst because people began having their mortgages forclosed on.  They were being forclosed because they couldn't pay the mortgage.  Why couldn't they pay ther mortgage?  Because they lost their jobs.  They lost their jobs because their employers were forced to lay them off.  Why were they forced to lay them off?  Because people were pulling out of the stock market at an alarming rate!

Not entirely true joc.  People signed into stupid mortgages so they could buy more house than they could afford.  They got zero down or low interest for the first two years or balloon payments.  They still had jobs when their house payment went from $1100 to $1800, but they could in no way afford it.  

When you can sell a lot of houses, the price of houses coming onto the market goes up.  Eventually even suckers with slick mortgage brokers can't afford them.  

And by the way, this was about the time private mortgage brokers got into the business big time.  They were people making a lot of money on the turnover, but investing none of their own.

Do you remember  when you had to dress nicely and go to a bank to apply for a mortgage loan?  They might turn you down or tell you to look in a lower price range because they were investing their own money, funds they were responsible for.

A few years later, you could meet a twenty something dude at Starbucks after work and he would arrange everything.  He would get you the property you "deserved" at the price you could afford.  Almost like magic. and too good to be true after the bank turned you down.  Zero down, low interest the first two years, he would get you a loan with an outfit you never heard of, but you were approved.  If you read the fine print, you would see that after the first two years the rate would go up  1.5% or more above the bank loans because some people are still High Risk. To avoid risk, the unheard of mortgage outfit bundles the couples mortgage in with a bunch of others and sells it to some big outfit that pension funds invest in because they are supposed to be safe.

But the mortgage broker didn't care.  It wasn't his money and he was wheeling up to another Starbucks to meet another couple.  And they were saying "Look at that Porsche honey, if he is that successful, he must know what he is doing."

That is another part of the reason that bubble burst.

• Sad 1

Bloomberg will spend a few million on ads, travel around campaigning, knock Biden out of front-runner status, make the race better for Bernie and Warren and fail to get nominated.  Any other ideas?

Doug

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Bloomberg will spend a few million on ads, travel around campaigning, knock Biden out of front-runner status, make the race better for Bernie and Warren and fail to get nominated.  Any other ideas?

Doug

IMO If he wants to save the nation he needs to drop out of the race and instead marshall his extreme resources into buying Foxnews 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, joc said:

That's exactly what the charts tell you.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

That's exactly what the charts tell you.

I get that point joc.  Just to be a nerd about it, you can't tell how many people are employed unless somebody tracks some numbers, but I get your point.  Employment is good.

April-Jobs-Report-1-820x493.png.f40bebd18bae53b0bb8012680e5224e5.png

LINK

Damn right it's good...it's practically the whole game!

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad you get the point...finally.

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Are you saying that the Dow Jones is not important to watch?  It does tell us something about the perceived health of American business which does lead to employment.  Of course it is not just stock charts, it is how many people businesses are hiring and how much are businesses spending on supplies.   Somebody has to hire Bob and Nancy and Jake and Mohammad and Jesus to let them earn that money.  And it is kind of circular.  Home Depot doesn't hire anybody unless customers with jobs  are coming in to spend money.

I like it when people have money to buy things,  I don't disagree that that is the best end result.  And indeed you are right, it is the highest employment if decades.

Thank you for making my whole point in your own words!  It's circular.  Home Depot doesn't hire anyone unless they can afford it.  When Bob loses his Home Depot job...he can't afford that new boat he wanted...so boat sales suffer...Jesus who sells boats can't afford to pay his mortgage anymore because no one is buying his boats anymore.  

All I'm saying is that the catalyst WAS people watching the Dow Jones...thinking...man...what is this thing going to do if Obama is elected?  I have to do something now!  And they did...and the whole house of circular cards crumbled.  And yes, I do blame Obama...he is the one that was pushing to Transform America and sold everyone a bill of goods.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

April-Jobs-Report-1-820x493.png.f40bebd18bae53b0bb8012680e5224e5.png

LINK

Damn right it's good...it's practically the whole game!

It's generally accepted that the stock market metrics (inversely) follow the the unemployment rate. As the (un)employment rate nears the limit, apprehensions are necessarily going to arise.

• Where does the stock market go as employment rates plateau?
  • You simply can't dismiss the accounting equation -  Assets = Liabilities + Owners Equity (ALOE) - when assessing the floor value, and potential risk, of stock. Charts are a metric, or trick, used to bypass the work of assessing financial statements. How much investment is there because of chart?
  • How will boards react to more shareholders demanding more value?
  • How will the 'chartists' react  to flatlining metrics?
  • In other words, how much is invested in goodwill.

Things really are in uncharted territory.

Edited by Golden Duck

You really cannot dismiss this accounting equation:  I ain't got no job = I ain't got no money.   I got a job = I got some money.   You can spin whatever you want...the economy is booming and everyone with a job knows that...and that's just about everyone...except of course the Left...which always distorts the truth.

Left Official Playbook:

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.  And the left has no brilliance.  Very dull...very, oh so very...dull.

2 hours ago, joc said:

You really cannot dismiss this accounting equation:  I ain't got no job = I ain't got no money.   I got a job = I got some money.   

Uhhh.... who dismissed.  See my first sentence about stock markets following employment rates.

Are you trading on Wall Street?  Do you do it based on charts?

PS.  There was no spin.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2019 at 8:36 PM, Tatetopa said:

Nope.  The economy was going steadily up from 2009.  Check the charts.  It was growing at about 3%.  Trump said that was a terrible number, then he turns in a 2.6% last quarter.  Trump can take full responsibility for the tax cut and the trade war with China.   That happened on his watch.  Nobody else gets the credit for that or will take the blame if it fails.

Actually Obama's numbers for GDP never reached 3%. His average was closer to 2%.

170105184946-03-obama-economy-gdp-640x640.jpg.ced3f7c201c09caf72967fb3a88b54c3.jpg

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 1