Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Captain Risky

President Michael Bloomberg ?

126 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

aztek
Just now, Ellapennella said:

Can we really determine what percentage of her votes were actually legit?

you mean popular votes? it does not matter now, what matters is popular vote does not elect, fortunately,  cuz we had many reports of voter fraud, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

1 million!! Why would any of them need 1 million to spend on a campaign?  Actually I think we need to get rid of the commercials and spending all together.  Give every one $2000.00 for what ever campaign materials they want and cap it there.  The exorbitant amount of money they collect makes no sense, and based on the notifications and news it seems like it is more a competition to see who can raise the most money.  There is no reason to party for two years before an election as part of campaigning.  I would like to know how it works in Canada.  They seem to be much more reasonable than the U.S.  (not sure, but I don't think they get swamped with campaigning 2 years before any election)

I think $1M would be fine considering how much of a reduction that would be.

Quote

The final price tag for the 2016 election is in: $6.5 billion for the presidential and congressional elections combined, according to campaign finance watchdog OpenSecrets.org.

The presidential contest — primaries and all — accounts for $2.4 billion of that total. The other $4 billion or so went to congressional races. The tally includes spending by campaigns, party committees and outside sources. It's actually down, slightly, in inflation-adjusted terms from 2012 and 2008.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/04/14/somebody-just-put-a-price-tag-on-the-2016-election-its-a-doozy/

The difference between 2.4 billion dollars and 1 million dollars (one mil for each candidate) is around 2.4 billion dollars. An excellent saving :lol:

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Can we really determine what percentage of her votes were actually legit?

Only if you understand basic principles of maths.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Very tribal. I encountered the same thing in Europe. 

You should come to Glesga then.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think $1M would be fine considering how much of a reduction that would be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/04/14/somebody-just-put-a-price-tag-on-the-2016-election-its-a-doozy/

The difference between 2.4 billion dollars (one for each candidate) and 1 million dollars is around 2.4 billion dollars. An excellent saving :lol:

RIght, it is insane!  What are they spending that money on?  Blow for the corporate owners?  Party girls?  television commercials?  Obviously stuff that is irrelevant to the campaign if they were actually using that campaign to ask us to let them represent us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella
Just now, aztek said:

you mean popular votes? it does not matter now, what matters is popular vote does not elect, fortunately,  cuz we had many reports of voter fraud, 

Democrats on Tuesday, including Democratic presidential contenders, after they called for changing the Electoral College and revamping the Supreme Court.

“I think it’s very clear that people are still upset on the left that their chosen candidate did not win in 2016.  They want to find any way they can to beat Donald Trump 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-calls-to-revamp-electoral-college-supreme-court-reveal-panic-lara-trump

I have to search what revamping the SC means...

Trump said talk of changing the Supreme Court is another sign of panic among Democrats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

Third parties are a terrible idea in the election of leaders, unless there's something like a run-off between the two highest winners, or ranked voting or something. All third parties do is split the vote.

The Reform Party is a prime example. They were syphoning Republican votes in the 90s (nearly 10 million), helping to get Clinton elected. Until, that is, Donald Trump on a mission from Roger Stone basically destroyed the party, leading to the narrow Bush victory over Al Gore. Then you have Jill Stein being used by Russians as part of their campaign against the US elections. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
10 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Democrats on Tuesday, including Democratic presidential contenders, after they called for changing the Electoral College and revamping the Supreme Court.

“I think it’s very clear that people are still upset on the left that their chosen candidate did not win in 2016.  They want to find any way they can to beat Donald Trump 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-calls-to-revamp-electoral-college-supreme-court-reveal-panic-lara-trump

I have to search what revamping the SC means...

Trump said talk of changing the Supreme Court is another sign of panic among Democrats.

I think most democrats were upset that their choice didn't get the Democratic nomination.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

RIght, it is insane!  What are they spending that money on?  Blow for the corporate owners?  Party girls?  television commercials?  Obviously stuff that is irrelevant to the campaign if they were actually using that campaign to ask us to let them represent us.

It'd easily add up, I think. In saying that, it's probably a prime event for large-scale fraud to take place. Any place where there's that much money, there has to be money laundering going on. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

He is trying for a late entry "savior" kind of thing for people that aren't sure about their options.

A common tactic but I don't think it will work this election cycle. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS

This is the guy who tried (succeeded?) to ban large sodas. Nanny statist to the max. Also...

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah i kinda like him. He's like a democratic Trump only credible. 

In some ways he is not an improbable candidate.  He has some progressive ideas, done some good things in New York but still retains a lot of middle of the road appeal.  He is not everything AOC or Bernie or Warren want, but he is more progressive and energetic than Biden. Maybe less baggage too.  He seems calm and decisive and pretty honest.  He is a business man, but not very much like Donald Trump.

He has chaired large corporations and can take advice from others, that is a definite plus.  We would be getting a President and his cabinet not a solo executive that thinks he knows everything better than anyone else.

He does have the appeal of being an outsider to Washington politics,  but tremendous experience with running a major city as well as a major corporation.  He has the ability.

I have seen him a number of times during interviews.  He seems intelligent, rational, and not obsessed with himself and at least talks convincingly about concern for others.  I think he might be comfortable with someone like Buttigieg as a running mate.  That might be a ticket with wide appeal.  

He could have a cool campaign slogan like:  I am a REAL businessman.  My daddy did not give me $100 million to start but I still have a net worth 20 times Donald Trumps.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You should come to Glesga then.

Would I call that Glasgow? Or did you go over my head entirely?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

In some ways he is not an improbable candidate.  He has some progressive ideas, done some good things in New York but still retains a lot of middle of the road appeal.  He is not everything AOC or Bernie or Warren want, but he is more progressive and energetic than Biden. Maybe less baggage too.  He seems calm and decisive and pretty honest.  He is a business man, but not very much like Donald Trump.

He has chaired large corporations and can take advice from others, that is a definite plus.  We would be getting a President and his cabinet not a solo executive that thinks he knows everything better than anyone else.

He does have the appeal of being an outsider to Washington politics,  but tremendous experience with running a major city as well as a major corporation.  He has the ability.

I have seen him a number of times during interviews.  He seems intelligent, rational, and not obsessed with himself and at least talks convincingly about concern for others.  I think he might be comfortable with someone like Buttigieg as a running mate.  That might be a ticket with wide appeal.  

He could have a cool campaign slogan like:  I am a REAL businessman.  My daddy did not give me $100 million to start but I still have a net worth 20 times Donald Trumps.  

 

:lol: The rage tweets would be a thing to behold. Trump would lose it completely. Of course there would be a tax return challenge from Bloomberg to cement the gauntlet thrown. Yeah, thats the ticket. But how does Bloomberg feel about increased taxes for billionaires? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
47 minutes ago, F3SS said:

This is the guy who tried (succeeded?) to ban large sodas. Nanny statist to the max. Also...

 

....but the videos of trump partying with him does nothing for you?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
6 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Related...

Kanye West confirms he’s running for President
 
 
Kanye West quote - 'I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle.’  :P
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil

Funny that!  I was always thought Bloomberg Media to be slightly Right wing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

In some ways he is not an improbable candidate.  He has some progressive ideas, done some good things in New York but still retains a lot of middle of the road appeal.  He is not everything AOC or Bernie or Warren want, but he is more progressive and energetic than Biden. Maybe less baggage too.  He seems calm and decisive and pretty honest.  He is a business man, but not very much like Donald Trump.

He has chaired large corporations and can take advice from others, that is a definite plus.  We would be getting a President and his cabinet not a solo executive that thinks he knows everything better than anyone else.

He does have the appeal of being an outsider to Washington politics,  but tremendous experience with running a major city as well as a major corporation.  He has the ability.

I have seen him a number of times during interviews.  He seems intelligent, rational, and not obsessed with himself and at least talks convincingly about concern for others.  I think he might be comfortable with someone like Buttigieg as a running mate.  That might be a ticket with wide appeal.  

He could have a cool campaign slogan like:  I am a REAL businessman.  My daddy did not give me $100 million to start but I still have a net worth 20 times Donald Trumps.  

 

Well what are we voting for ? You guy's need to vote him to the democratic ticket and then do to Trump what Trump has done to the civilised world. 

I did a bit of reading on him and he seems to have been a republican and independent as well as a democrat at various times. Which would mean that like you said has a wide appeal. and of course he's self made which should make Trump nervous around him. But this also sends the wrong message that Billionaires can even buy the presidency. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

:lol: The rage tweets would be a thing to behold. Trump would lose it completely. Of course there would be a tax return challenge from Bloomberg to cement the gauntlet thrown. Yeah, thats the ticket. But how does Bloomberg feel about increased taxes for billionaires? 

Thats why he prolly wants the presidency, to torpedo billionaire tax of course. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Funny that!  I was always thought Bloomberg Media to be slightly Right wing. 

Well he's also been a republican and independent, too. and i think Trump has also been a democrat too. Billionaire... opportunists.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

. But this also sends the wrong message that Billionaires can even buy the presidency. 

Yeah.  His major benefit might be in standing up to Trumps braggadocio, publish his own tax returns and just let Donald Trump focus on him while the rest of the candidates sort themselves out. I would love to see the two of them on a finance and economy debate.  Their first question should be:  Who pays for tariffs?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

I hope Kanye makes it, the Kardashians to redecorate the White House and Caitlyn Jenner for secretary of state... 

:yes:

~

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
45 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I hope Kanye makes it, the Kardashians to redecorate the White House and Caitlyn Jenner for secretary of state... 

:yes:

~

Can't be worse than the trees of woe from last year.

 

download.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

I'm a little skeptical of those who are so rich that they have no concept of the struggles of the regular citizen. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.