Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Church "shocked to the core" by evil Clergy

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

"The leader of the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales has told an inquiry the Church was "shocked to the core" by child sexual abuse perpetrated by members of the clergy.

"The Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Vincent Nichols, said the community had struggled to cope with "the presence of evil embodied in its members".

"He said the Church's culture had improved "radically" in recent years, but there was still "more to achieve".

"Victims said changes had been "slow"."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50320800

And at the Irish Examiner: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/catholic-church-shocked-to-core-by-presence-of-evil-archbishop-of-westminster-tells-inquiry-962174.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
GoldenWolf

I'm not surprised to learn of child molesting clergy members.  Not one bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella
54 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"The leader of the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales has told an inquiry the Church was "shocked to the core" by child sexual abuse perpetrated by members of the clergy.

"The Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Vincent Nichols, said the community had struggled to cope with "the presence of evil embodied in its members".

"He said the Church's culture had improved "radically" in recent years, but there was still "more to achieve".

"Victims said changes had been "slow"."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50320800

And at the Irish Examiner: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/catholic-church-shocked-to-core-by-presence-of-evil-archbishop-of-westminster-tells-inquiry-962174.html

 Disgusting...Should homosexuals be priests ? What does the bible say about homosexuality? Seriously ..if the topic is up here for discussion  to shame the church for allowing this  I agree in shaming them ...but let's be honest about it...Let us ask the obvious question why are there so  many homosexuals in the Catholic Church abusing children? Is this about homosexuality as this link suggest...

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/video-clergy-sex-abuse-in-the-catholic-church-its-about-homosexuality

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
25 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

 Disgusting...Should homosexuals be priests ? What does the bible say about homosexuality? Seriously ..if the topic is up here for discussion  to shame the church for allowing this  I agree in shaming them ...but let's be honest about it...Let us ask the obvious question why are there so  many homosexuals in the Catholic Church abusing children? Is this about homosexuality as this link suggest...

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/video-clergy-sex-abuse-in-the-catholic-church-its-about-homosexuality

The catholic church is very PC, no way would it allow just heterosexual paedophiles i'm sure they'd make sure they had the same quota of homosexual paedophiles. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella
2 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

The catholic church is very PC, no way would it allow just heterosexual paedophiles i'm sure they'd make sure they had the same quota of homosexual paedophiles. 

I think that it's predominately homosexual... have you seen it...it's  mainly men...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
40 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

 Disgusting...Should homosexuals be priests ? 

Yes. Because gay people are no more likely to be abusers than straight. As you probably know. 

Quote

What does the bible say about homosexuality?

It also says not to wear clothes made out of mixed fibres. Or eat prawns. Or to touch a woman who's on her period. 

But it's OK to enslave foreign people and immigrants. 

Do you think these are all rules the clergy should have to follow? 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yes. Because gay people are no more likely to be abusers than straight. As you probably know. 

It also says not to wear clothes made out of mixed fibres. Or eat prawns. Or to touch a woman who's on her period. 

But it's OK to enslave foreign people and immigrants. 

Do you think these are all rules the clergy should have to follow? 

We dont make Gods laws and we dont compare them to decide which sins we think are more serious that others.

Our job is to obey.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We dont make Gods laws and we dont compare them to decide which sins we think are more serious that others.

Our job is to obey.

So why are the clergy free to ignore those laws but not the ones on sexuality? 

Isn't that deciding which 'sins' are more serious than others? 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
Just now, Setton said:

So why are the clergy free to ignore those laws but not the ones on sexuality? 

Isn't that deciding which 'sins' are more serious than others? 

They arent, they are abusers who need punishing by the law and kicking out of the Church.

Their actions are incompatible with their faith.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella
10 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yes. Because gay people are no more likely to be abusers than straight. As you probably know. 

 

September 3, 2019  — Gabriele Kuby is a German sociologist and prolific author Kuby recently published a book with Michael O’Brien, titled The Abuse of Sexuality in the Catholic Church

 

Quote

It also says not to wear clothes made out of mixed fibres. Or eat prawns. Or to touch a woman who's on her period. 

In this episode of The John-Henry Westen Show, Kuby talks about the sexual abuse crisis in the Church, specifically the root cause of the abuse crisis: homosexuality.  She cites the work of Fr. D. Paul Sullins, who reviewed numerous reports on abuse. Fr. Sullins’ findings clearly indicate the abuse crisis stems from something much deeper than just clericalism — the most widely accepted cause of the crisis. Sullins notes that nearly 80% the abuse in the Church involves young men at or around the age of puberty. Additionally, the prevalence of homosexuality in the priesthood is eight times higher than it is in society.  

 

 

 

Quote

But it's OK to enslave foreign people and immigrants. 

Sadly, the topic of homosexuality is largely ignored as the Church addresses the abuse scandal. During the February summit on the abuse scandal, the word “homosexuality” was never mentioned according to Kuby.  

 

 

Quote

Do you think these are all rules the clergy should have to follow? 

Kuby, a convert herself, has a deep love for the Church and challenges the Church to return to the teachings of Christ. “We have to come back to the teaching of Jesus Christ in the Bible. The beautiful teaching of the Christian teaching on sexuality, marriage and family. Make that shine. Inspire people with it,” she explains 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

Positions of authority that directly work with children always attract pedios. 

We see this with clergy, teachers, coaches, etc.

Jobs that work with children need to keel more vigilence then typical careers. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella
13 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Positions of authority that directly work with children always attract pedios. 

We see this with clergy, teachers, coaches, etc.

Jobs that work with children need to keel more vigilence then typical careers. 

 

The Boy Scouts of America, faced with a wave of sex-abuse lawsuits, will increase its annual membership fee next year by more than 80 percent to relieve some financial pressure, the organization said last week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boy-scouts-of-america-membership-fees-to-increase-by-80-percent-amid-wave-of-sex-abuse-lawsuits/ar-AAJFoAe

 

1st link posted in 2019

2nd link posted in 2001

 

http://www.bpnews.net/11002/homosexuals-more-likely-to-molest-kids-study-reports

However, Reisman also cites a past study by Able to bolster her contention that BSA has reason to fear admitting homosexuals to the scoutmaster ranks. It found that 150 boys are abused by one male homosexual offender, compared to 19.8 girls by heterosexual offenders.

 

 

 

eta 

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/the-catholic-churchs-homosexual-sex-abuse-crisis-is-clericalism-its-final-c

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.