Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA close to huge reveal about life on Mars

Black Red Devil

"A top scientist at NASA says the agency will soon disclose something “revolutionary” about alien life forms."

No, he did not say that. Above claim should give the impression that there is a proof of the existence of extraterrestrial life in the drawer of NASA already, which isnt the case. Yeah, The Sun/The Telegraph again.

Anyway, Seth Shostack wrote a nice article on the matter: Are We Ready for the Discovery of Extraterrestrial Life?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

NO you dam well didn't, you gave vague handwaves, like this garbage:

NO.  Properly CITE the example.  Do you know what that word means?  CITE. C-I-T-E.  YOU provide the link and then we'll go look at your claim.  Just remember that the one you choose first will be regarded as your best example..

Let me try putting this another way - you do NOT get to 'cite' things by asking us to do vague Google searches - I'm not wading thru pages of results and then (we know the tinfoilhat drill) you just say "That's not what I'm talking about..".  We're wise to those lame tactics, oc.

So, get off your lazy backside and CITE the link.

I already ask in post #21. The lack of response suggests to me that this is one of those cases in which someone was not ready to back up some fantasy they created.

Actually, they probably fell for this stupidity.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/marte/esp_crinoid.htm

Apparently these ninnys have no idea what a crinoid looks like. I've seen plenty of crinoid fossils, intact and small pieces, from Canada across the US and these are not crinoid like.

The ground down blueberries show no internal structure and they do not appear to have a fossil as a nucleating piece, i.e. the object that originally began the formation of the blueberry.

This is a cut through a crinoid bed

PolStn.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The only thing that any of us would turn our heads about would be the verification by direct encounter with another intelligent species of life...not from this Earth.  It's not ever going to happen.

2 hours ago, joc said:

The only thing that any of us would turn our heads about would be the verification by direct encounter with another intelligent species of life...not from this Earth.  It's not ever going to happen.

Ever, as in never, is a very long time. ;)

2 hours ago, joc said:

It's not ever going to happen.

Thanks for the update, creator.

• Haha 2

On 11/9/2019 at 12:04 AM, Hammerclaw said:

Mars_gmap.png

Looks like Total Recall. Up next NASA discloses picture of woman with three breasts.

Edited by Bed of chaos

3 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Looks like Total Recall. Up next NASA discloses picture of woman with three breasts.

Mass Effect

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Why would I want your approval.

Why are you changing the subject and attributing motives to me?  Another tinfoil tactic - ANYTHING TO AVOID ACTUALLY CITING AN EXAMPLE.  It's simple cowardice.

Thats really sad to need approval from a bunch of guys on a forum.

I don't need or ask for approval, but strangely, I get a lot of it.  If that topic is important to you.. well, ok, let's look at it.  Your current 'Likes/Posts' ratio is 0.3, from the grand total of 48 posts.  In other words, you're getting 1 like every 3 posts.  Mine is 1.7 from 9,904 posts - in other words I get more than one and a half likes per post.  That's over 5 times more than you.  Now that you brought it up and I've done the simple maths, do you have any further observations?   Or can we stop the derail and get back on topic?

I dont care if you approve my claim or not.

How is that relevant to the claim that you haven't properly made yet?  We don't know what you are talking about other than those vague handwaves.

CITE.

CITE.

CITE.

Thats your problem, you think I care to get approval from you.

As I said above, don't guess at my thoughts.  Your mind reading is as bad as your inability to cite..

I am not here to prove anything,

Or discuss anything, or debate anything.  You refuse to nominate what you are talking about - I'm not the only one to ask, so take the hint and CITE your claim.

I am just joining the discussions as you are.

You're not discussing, you are simply trying to poison the discussion with stupid and non-specific claims and handwaves.

My opinions are as good as yours

But you haven't offered ANY support for your 'opinion', nor have you made your opinion clear, other than you hate NASA.  We don't know why, and you are refusing to bring an example.  Stop wasting the forum's time.

um...were you going to comment on that quoted piece in your last post #22 ? No, I didn't think so.

Sure, but it's a dead end, as you said yourself.  So here, to state the incredibly bleedingly obvious - here you go:

On 11/13/2019 at 5:32 PM, ocpaul20 said:

It is also inconceivable to me that the reported triangular craft and cigar-shaped craft are NOT military

The fact it is inconceivable to you is relevant how?  What special knowledge or experience do YOU claim?  After all, you cast aspersions about my knowledge earlier, so how about you walk your own walk - what's your experience in these topics?  Do you have an aeronautics degree?

'Reports' of triangular craft (for example) have often been shown to be simple optical illusions, so how about you QUOTE the best example you have?

I would not go so far as to claim that all such UFO's are military.  Some may well be, but most I suspect are misidentifications, fame seekers and hoaxers.  But do feel free to BE SPECIFIC.  Are you getting this yet?  How to properly debate? - it involves BEING SPECIFIC.  CITING.  NOT cowardly handwaves and generalisations that cannot be checked.

(although they may be alien as well)

Yes, it's possible - but which one is your best example?  Again, let's nail down your seemingly endless non-specific handwaves.  Or is that all you do, flap your arms about?

, yet NASA still has a whole bunch of future projects based on rocket and jet technology.

Yes, they do.  Is that somehow a bad thing?

If thats not a money sink, then what is?

How much money *should* be allocated to it, then?  None?  BE SPECIFIC.

We can even go through particular NASA programs - it's not like they are that secretive - virtually everything they do can be researched.  The military generally doesn't use NASA - they have their own facilities and research centres and they are much more secretive and compartmentalised, of course.

I realise you want to engage and discredit, but that only works if others need some validation for their theories, and I dont care if you believe me or not. Sorry mate.

Don't be sorry.  I'll let the audience decide.  For me you are a valuable poster child for a 'certain segment' of the population. :D 

But do feel free to come on back with specifics.  Maybe look the word up?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

BTW, here are a few candidates for the Mars announcement:

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/301928-nasas-curiosity-rover-spots-unexplained-oxygen-spike-on-mars

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/11/191114103546.htm

As usual, nothing as fantastic as was being hinted.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2019 at 3:58 AM, ocpaul20 said:

Basically NASA is a money sink and a public relations organisation for the government. The word has come down from the top that they are ready to move on to the next stage in the disclosure and so we can have another drop of our drip-feed. Whoopy-doo. Its pathetic really.

Anyone who believes NASA does anything more than these two things is not seeing the real picture.

For beginners like you: NASA missions A-Z

• Thanks 2

On 11/9/2019 at 11:13 AM, Essan said:

frankly I think 99.9% of the world's population couldn't care less.

Sadly I think that's true.

Fred: "Hey Jimmy did you hear they found life on Mars"
Jimmy "Really!"
Fred: "Yeah live bacteria in the soil"
Jimmy: "You had me going there, I thought for a minute you meant like, real life, like an Alien, or a Martian"

Edited by RAyMO

7 hours ago, toast said:

Thanks for the update, creator.

It's my pleasure! :)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Ever, as in never, is a very long time. ;)

It is    N    E    V    E    R   going to happen.....   E    V    E   R!

Never say never.

But I think I agree - we'll all be long dead (as a civilisation) before any other life out there gets off their amoebic backsides into interstellar travel.  And they'll prolly wipe themselves out way before they get there too.  It's all too hard.

• Thanks 2

I would like to know why I am worth your effort. Just ignore me, but no, you cannot.

The ground down blueberries show no internal structure and they do not appear to have a fossil as a nucleating piece, i.e. the object that originally began the formation of the blueberry.

My theory is that the 'blueberries' are a mixture of either concretions or fungal fruiting bodies. I do not see any piles of 'blueberries' weathered out of rocks which I would expect if they were concretions stuck in rocks and released by weathering over time. What you say would lend some weight to my idea. I was unaware that fossils needed some kind of nucleating piece to form. Are you sure thats correct?

Mine is 

1.7 from 9,904 posts - in other words I get more than one and a half likes per post.  That's over 5 times more than you.

Whoopy doo. Thats sounds like you are very proud of your like-count. Me, I dont care how many I get. I dont do it for that reason.

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Never say never.

But I think I agree - we'll all be long dead (as a civilisation) before any other life out there gets off their amoebic backsides into interstellar travel.  And they'll prolly wipe themselves out way before they get there too.  It's all too hard.

And whats about the known nice planet with the high advanced civilization, capable to travel 9878 times the speed of light? The planet with a share of women of 98%, of which 22.4% tour our galaxy for the reason to harvest new genetic material? Dont tell me thats not true.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Never say never.

I always say never...to the impossible.  Is it possible for anyone ever to levitate a quarter with their mind?   No.  It will NEVER happen.  And life forms traveling at light or light+ speeds...NEVER gonna happen....not just likely...impossible.

• Like 1

I don't think any intelligent capability species is meant to make it past their native system. I think it's possible for a human to maybe one day set foot on Pluto. But, I'm not so sure about going past that. 

6 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

I would like to know why I am worth your effort. Just ignore me, but no, you cannot.

My theory is that the 'blueberries' are a mixture of either concretions or fungal fruiting bodies. I do not see any piles of 'blueberries' weathered out of rocks which I would expect if they were concretions stuck in rocks and released by weathering over time. What you say would lend some weight to my idea. I was unaware that fossils needed some kind of nucleating piece to form. Are you sure thats correct?

Whoopy doo. Thats sounds like you are very proud of your like-count. Me, I dont care how many I get. I dont do it for that reason.

You misread me. Concretions often begin at a nucleating point. A fossil can be that nucleating point.

Concretions can weather out of rock. In the American Southwest they are called moqui balls. They can be found at times in piles where mass wasting has collected them.

image.png.3bae42a24ef8e5dde5cabebc55c1830f.png

I think "they" have decided to do this "there is life out there" in a slow, measured way and all these news releases are steps in that progression. Once they have fully admitted there is life on Mars or wherever, then it can come closer and become more real, rather than a thought of "out there is not scary'. I can see why they would be doing this because there WILL be some who cannot handle the truth and maybe even some on here who continually ask for proof perhaps. This is fear of the unknown and what ET COULD be like, is particularly scary to them. Maybe they are even abductees but just dont know or realise it?

I realise asking for proof is the scientific way, but there will be plenty of proof when "they" finally decide the time is right to disclose alien life and no proof by non-scientists will be enough for the people wanting or requiring it in order to believe. It is useless to keep asking for it because ask yourselves - what would it need to make me believe this is true?" and if you are honest with yourself, it would need to come from some authority you trust. There are certain people we believe, such as well-known and respected scientists, so when they  or other people we respect and hold as 'authorities' come out and say life has been found, then these people who want proof will listen to them and believe.

So, for me, all this is just interesting and amusing discussions and I recognise that forums are filled with people looking for others thinking the same things as they do but whatever they find there in those forums, it cannot be the whole truth, there IS more.

12 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

I think "they" have decided to do this "there is life out there" in a slow, measured way and all these news releases are steps in that progression. Once they have fully admitted there is life on Mars or wherever, then it can come closer and become more real, rather than a thought of "out there is not scary'. I can see why they would be doing this because there WILL be some who cannot handle the truth and maybe even some on here who continually ask for proof perhaps. This is fear of the unknown and what ET COULD be like, is particularly scary to them. Maybe they are even abductees but just dont know or realise it?

I realise asking for proof is the scientific way, but there will be plenty of proof when "they" finally decide the time is right to disclose alien life and no proof by non-scientists will be enough for the people wanting or requiring it in order to believe. It is useless to keep asking for it because ask yourselves - what would it need to make me believe this is true?" and if you are honest with yourself, it would need to come from some authority you trust. There are certain people we believe, such as well-known and respected scientists, so when they  or other people we respect and hold as 'authorities' come out and say life has been found, then these people who want proof will listen to them and believe.

So, for me, all this is just interesting and amusing discussions and I recognise that forums are filled with people looking for others thinking the same things as they do but whatever they find there in those forums, it cannot be the whole truth, there IS more.

How do you reconcile this idea of slow transfer of information when 20 years ago it was already announced by the president of the US that there was life on Mars? Seems to me that the cat is out of the bag already.

I do not recall a single instance of "some who cannot handle the truth" at that time. Seems to me that it was a case of "cool!" by the listeners

I see now that there is news about rising oxygen levels in the summer, so they speculate that maybe there is some sort of life creating it.

10 hours ago, Hazzard said:

I see now that there is news about rising oxygen levels in the summer, so they speculate that maybe there is some sort of life creating it.

animal life consumes oxygen normally, plant life both consumes and produces oxygen.

• Like 1

NASA will probably announce they have found signs of microbial life they have found in a rock or meteorite.

Then a week or so later say they can't rule out contamination so nothing essentially changes.

Its a bit like water on Mars, not sure if it is my imagination but I feel they have announced it several times as a new finding.