Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Absolute panic" amid Australia bushfires

Eldorado

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

This breaks my heart. It is literally so bad we could see the smoke here in NZ yesterday.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/117295006/smoke-from-australias-wildfires-sweeps-across-the-tasman-causing-hazy-nz-skies

The last time that happened was Black Saturday 

Brisbane's smokey, too. But seeing the fires all the way in New Zealand is just incredible. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Brisbane's smokey, too. But seeing the fires all the way in New Zealand is just incredible. 

It happened during black Saturday too, and when I saw the bushfire sky yesterday I was hoping it wasn’t the same as that. Terrible to be right about some things 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Jesus, my neighbour just texted me to say now there’s a tree on fire just up from my house. 

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Jesus, my neighbour just texted me to say now there’s a tree on fire just up from my house. 

Oh no!  :no:

1 minute ago, joc said:

Oh no!  :no:

It’s a high residential area, so I presume lots of hoses etc but I’m in Brisbane so have no idea what’s going on.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s a high residential area, so I presume lots of hoses etc but I’m in Brisbane so have no idea what’s going on.

I cannot imagine anything worse! You are all in my thoughts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Picture of fires from space...unbelievable!

1398743074_efires.jpg.019697a9766a4a53b144e72934630052.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Stay safe

• Like 1

Neighbour texted to say firies have put out the fire and are just making sure no embers got into the (very dry) wetland area nearby.

• Like 5

Update:

"Australia is warning of a "catastrophic" bushfire threat to its largest city Sydney and surrounding areas on Tuesday.

"Residents in vulnerable communities are being urged to leave and seek shelter in shopping centres.

"At least three people are dead and thousands have been displaced by a weekend of bushfires in Australia.

"On Sunday more than 100 blazes were still burning across New South Wales (NSW) and Queensland."

At the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-50365131

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Where's @tmcom on this thread? 

• Haha 1

I can barely see across the river today, visibility is poor at 100m in Brisbane. I do not want to drive home in this, it’ll be chaos. 

• Sad 2

for our over seas friends 

https://myfirewatch.landgate.wa.gov.au/

scroll out and take a look at how many fires are happening in australia 

and for you east coast guys.. stay safe.. the west side is prepping hard for the fire season to start here.. 

https://thewest.com.au/news/disaster-and-emergency/aircraft-infra-red-planes-and-elvis-the-water-bomber-to-protect-wa-from-expected-horror-fire-season-ng-b881378000z

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Prediction of 37 degrees today and we're still in Spring with no rain is sight for weeks  I fear this is only the start of a long, burning, torturous summer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Prediction of 37 degrees today and we're still in Spring with no rain is sight for weeks  I fear this is only the start of a long, burning, torturous summer.

Stay safe!

Wishing you all well. Praying for some rain.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

I think you are right. Watching the cattle feed burning on the farms last night, I can not comprehend how much this will effect the already struggling farmers.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I think you are right. Watching the cattle feed burning on the farms last night, I can not comprehend how much this will effect the already struggling farmers.

There won't be any relief for them this summer, as if they needed more bad news.  Who would be a farmer these days? :(

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

There won't be any relief for them this summer, as if they needed more bad news.  Who would be a farmer these days? :(

The back bone of the country are being defeated by the changing of a climate, and the climate in Australia has always been harsh. Harsher may just become impossible to manage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1