Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Absolute panic" amid Australia bushfires

Eldorado

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Is it still more than your suggestion of "a couple of million for the states actually on fire, a bit less for those not on fire yet."

It’s a Single plane, and if it’s anything like any of the other “stimulus” packages ScuMo has offered lately the strings attached will mean the government will never have to give a cent (take for example the “2 billion dollars” given to Queensland for infrastructure, it’ll only happen if the state government can find 2 billion as well). 

9 minutes ago, Habitat said:

This epidemic is way beyond aerial water bombing, which is only effective in protecting homes, not the overall landscape. The best investment would be in more jails to house firebugs for long stretches.

We need preventative burning (I do not blame the greens, but rather the “Ohh that’ll cost money, can we find a way to not do thst?” From successive Lib/Lab state governments). 

21 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

We need preventative burning (I do not blame the greens, but rather the “Ohh that’ll cost money, can we find a way to not do thst?” From successive Lib/Lab state governments). 

The question of how a "big bang" type of transition would be funded is a concerning question for voters.

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The question of how a "big bang" type of transition would be funded is a concerning question for voters.

Governments should govern and not focus on ‘how it looks to the voters’.

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Governments should govern and not focus on ‘how it looks to the voters’.

And the opposition could give details of their policies and how they would be implemented and funded.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Update:

"Australia Faces Hottest Day on Record as Bushfires Continue"

https://weather.com/safety/wildfires/news/2019-12-18-australia-hottest-day-on-record-photos

Saw this crock recently, (they posted a scary video, natch) with a tiny increase AU wide, or in other words they had dumb luck on their side. Go through our records, and l can guarantee you we have had far hotter averages than what the Stupid, leftists BOM, keeps bleating on about. The Bureau also bleats that Sydney Harbor oceans levels are rising and Fort Denison in the same harbor shows nothing or a decrease of 6cm if you want to get picky, with the most accurate ocean guage on the planet.

The Bureau of Meter,...is a joke in AU, and becoming more so with its rubbish.

B)

8 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Saw this crock recently, (they posted a scary video, natch) with a tiny increase AU wide, or in other words they had dumb luck on their side. Go through our records, and l can guarantee you we have had far hotter averages than what the Stupid, leftists BOM, keeps bleating on about. The Bureau also bleats that Sydney Harbor oceans levels are rising and Fort Denison in the same harbor shows nothing or a decrease of 6cm if you want to get picky, with the most accurate ocean guage on the planet.

The Bureau of Meter,...is a joke in AU, and becoming more so with its rubbish.

B)

When are you writing a letter to Sussan Ley?

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

When are you writing a letter to Sussan Ley?

It is already on Sky in AU, and here is their scary, menacing orange sun, impending doom video.

This video is an outright lie!

:gun:

6 minutes ago, tmcom said:

It is already on Sky in AU, and here is their scary, menacing orange sun, impending doom video.

You didn't answer my question.

6 hours ago, tmcom said:

"A state of emergency has been declared in New South Wales, Australia, amid fears a record-breaking heatwave will exacerbate the state's bushfire crisis.

"The nation endured its hottest-ever day on Tuesday, but that record was smashed again on Wednesday - which saw an average maximum of 41.9C (107.4F).

"Tuesday's 40.9C had eclipsed the previous record of 40.3C, set in 2013.

"Authorities in New South Wales (NSW) are currently fighting about 100 fires, in a crisis that has lasted months."

Full monty at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-50837025

"State of emergency declared amid worsening bushfires, heatwave"

At the Sydney Morning Herald: https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/nsw-weather-live-updates-rfs-prepares-for-bushfires-as-extreme-heatwave-hits-state-20191219-p53lbc.html

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You didn't answer my question.

Yes it is a lie! :P

7 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"A state of emergency has been declared in New South Wales, Australia, amid fears a record-breaking heatwave will exacerbate the state's bushfire crisis.

"The nation endured its hottest-ever day on Tuesday, but that record was smashed again on Wednesday - which saw an average maximum of 41.9C (107.4F).

"Tuesday's 40.9C had eclipsed the previous record of 40.3C, set in 2013.

"Authorities in New South Wales (NSW) are currently fighting about 100 fires, in a crisis that has lasted months."

Full monty at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-50837025

"State of emergency declared amid worsening bushfires, heatwave"

At the Sydney Morning Herald: https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/nsw-weather-live-updates-rfs-prepares-for-bushfires-as-extreme-heatwave-hits-state-20191219-p53lbc.html

State of emergency is fine, worshening bushfire statement is fine, Wednesday was the hottest day on average, ever recorded isnt!

B)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

Yes it is a lie! :P

State of emergency is fine, worshening bushfire statement is fine, Wednesday was the hottest day on average, ever recorded isnt!

B)

Yes you've shown that liar before.  Based on one station he declares the average of all the stations is wrong.

But, that doesn't answer my question...

Why don't you write to Sussan Ley, or Angus Taylor?

53 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Yes you've shown that liar before.  Based on one station he declares the average of all the stations is wrong.

But, that doesn't answer my question...

Why don't you write to Sussan Ley, or Angus Taylor?

He uses several across Australia, and Angus Taylor has a film grasp of reality concerning the power issue in our country.

B)

4 hours ago, tmcom said:

He uses several across Australia, and Angus Taylor has a film grasp of reality concerning the power issue in our country.

B)

Several out of how many weather stations across the entire country? The mean, or average, is an early high school maths concept - that is apparently beyond your ability.

Angus Taylor is one of the ministers in the environment portfolio, which is responsible for the so called "leftist" BOM. So again, why aren't you writing to the conservatives ministers in charge of the BOM?

• Haha 1

I see that Prime Minster Scott Morrison has come under criticism for going on holiday in Hawaii. Surely it was the most useful thing he or any politician could have done. Keep well out of the way and let the people who know what they're doing get on with it, 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I see that Prime Minster Scott Morrison has come under criticism for going on holiday in Hawaii. Surely it was the most useful thing he or any politician could have done. Keep well out of the way and let the people who know what they're doing get on with it, 

Not in our country, or the Green leader had a b**** and moan about it, but to prove he is an idiot he then goes away!

ScoMo has nothing to apoligise for, apart from apologizing to the world we have the Green party stench in our Parliament.

B)

https://myfirewatch.landgate.wa.gov.au/

My heart is breaking tonight. Half of my family has had to seek refuge in other suburbs because their homes were at risk.

South Australia is up in flames tonight. Thick, heavy smoke is spread across the entire sky with an ominous red tinge.

And on a side note, ScoMo is an absolute scumbag for abandoning his country in the midst of this nation-wide natural disaster. Two states are now at SOS level, if not more. I'm in SA - so I haven't been catching up on news about the other states but I know NSW is suffering horrifically as well.

There's no excuse for a Prime Minister to abandon his country at such a critical time. It's not about what he can offer to the effort.

It'd be like George Bush jumping a plane to New Zealand to visit Hobbiton as soon as he heard about the first plane hitting the WTC on 911.

We feel abandoned by the man who's in the driver's seat of our country when the car is malfunctioning and spinning out of control. He's not a mechanic, but for godssake stay in the damn car and ride it out with the rest of us.

• Sad 2

They build tornado shelter in high risk area, building fire shelter could be a thing...  

Edited by Jon the frog

8 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

They build tornado shelter in high risk area, building fire shelter could be a thing...  

We'd just end up using them to store beer :lol:

• Haha 1

I think theses "fires" are not real, its just a plot from the australian government to divert attentions from "insert subject here" case, fires arent real its just propaganda from "insert group name" lobby.

Ps. : I feel no compassion towards Australia on environment issues, so if the Aussie govern. Is a c.c. denier, I denie the existences of fires.

5 minutes ago, jypsijemini said:

We'd just end up using them to store beer :lol:

So it would be a good place to wait, lol

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, godnodog said:

I think theses "fires" are not real, its just a plot from the australian government to divert attentions from "insert subject here" case, fires arent real its just propaganda from "insert group name" lobby.

Ps. : I feel no compassion towards Australia on environment issues, so if the Aussie govern. Is a c.c. denier, I denie the existences of fires.

You're joking, right?

I'm in South Australia. I've seen nothing but thick red-tinged smoke for the entire day. My family have evacuated because the fires are THAT close to their homes.

You're probably a flat-earther too, aren't you. You think Australia is a made up place and we're all paid actors.

Our plant life is built for bushfires. It's part of the ecosystem. It's a requirement. Unfortunately, our British ancestors were stupid and didn't think before colonising in the Pits of Hell over here and now we're stuck here, sitting on the coast, defending our homes from the natural annual purge that we call bushfire season.

Most of us do everything we can to prevent fires. But maybe you should head over here and try preventing a fire on a 50 degree (celcius) day with high winds in a country full of dry, dead farmland and brittle, dry trees.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, godnodog said:

So your compassion is conditional and victims deserve it because you think you know what the Aussie Gubmint is all about.  Gotcha.

FWIW, Australia emits one per cent of global emissions. The reality is that if Australia reduces emissions, it won't fix climate change and will have a detrimental effect on an already stalled economy.  The Green's policies are literally virtue signalling and earning enough moral currency to pressure the worlds largest economies.

Things don't get done without a viable business case.

OTOH, CFC emissions are on the rise. The World took action once before.  It'll be interesting to see what happens this time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

So your compassion is conditional and victims deserve it because you think you know what the Aussie Gubmint is all about.  Gotcha.

FWIW, Australia emits one per cent of global emissions. The reality is that if Australia reduces emissions, it won't fix climate change and will have a detrimental effect on an already stalled economy.  The Green's policies are literally virtue signalling and earning enough moral currency to pressure the worlds largest economies.

Things don't get done without a viable business case.

OTOH, CFC emissions are on the rise. The World took action once before.  It'll be interesting to see what happens this time.

In truth we are the second highest in the world per capita after Saudi Arabia.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/co2-emissions-by-country/   

Overall we don't cause much damage compared to the top 4, China, US, India and Russia but being the second worst in the world per capita doesn't look good for any Govt.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 3