Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ET life discovery will be slow and uncertain

UM-Bot

SETI have found what may be habitable earth type planets ,which may be suitable for earth type life ,but we are thinking in earth type thoughts , and there could be civilisations out there who are completely different to us. I don't believe that we are alone in the universe , as there are billions of planets , but even with the speed of light transmissions the distances are so vast that it would take thousands of years even just to communicate with other beings , but if aliens did find a way of transporting themselves to find other planets , we are just a dot in a vast universe . I don't think that we shall ever have the technology to even get to the nearest star ,never mind find a planet suitable to human life.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

SETI have found what may be habitable earth type planets ,which may be suitable for earth type life ,but we are thinking in earth type thoughts , and there could be civilisations out there who are completely different to us. I don't believe that we are alone in the universe , as there are billions of planets , but even with the speed of light transmissions the distances are so vast that it would take thousands of years even just to communicate with other beings , but if aliens did find a way of transporting themselves to find other planets , we are just a dot in a vast universe . I don't think that we shall ever have the technology to even get to the nearest star ,never mind find a planet suitable to human life.  

Especially with our penchant for destroying ourselves so overwhelming.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 6:38 AM, spud the mackem said:

I don't think that we shall ever have the technology to even get to the nearest star ,never mind find a planet suitable to human life.  

So, the triangular and cigar-shaped craft are either military - in which case we already have this technology, or they are alien - in which case we are being visited already and have been for thousands of years.

I, for one, would like to know which of these two alternatives they are, or maybe something else is causing these craft to be silently whizzing around the sky?

Considering the stuff we've broadcast over the years, both fiction and non fiction, I'd question the actual intelligence and/or sanity of any species that would willingly try contacting us if they had the choice. A lot of killing an violence, discrimination of others within our own species, etc. What sane, intelligent being would want to contact a species like that. Think about it, there are quite a few broadcast made over the years, TV shows, news reports, etc., that depict discrimination between humans, and frequently violence tied to it, what would another species think we would do to them after seeing that

On 11/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, Silver_Raven said:

Considering the stuff we've broadcast over the years, both fiction and non fiction, I'd question the actual intelligence and/or sanity of any species that would willingly try contacting us if they had the choice. A lot of killing an violence, discrimination of others within our own species, etc. What sane, intelligent being would want to contact a species like that. Think about it, there are quite a few broadcast made over the years, TV shows, news reports, etc., that depict discrimination between humans, and frequently violence tied to it, what would another species think we would do to them after seeing that

It really depends on how advanced they are. If they are far advanced wrt humans, then they would have no fear since they have superior technology.

Maybe this is why there is so little obvious contact and why they often try to keep it low-key. It could of course be because they want to remain hidden and possibly have a sinister agenda.

I do not think we would be told if the governments did make contact with them, and some people say we have already.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:59 PM, Amanda Evans said:

They are keeping well away...

... with the stupendus distance between stars chances are that they are to far away, if they exist at all?