Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spend over £2,000.00 for kids to see Santa

Still Waters

Father Christmas promises to visit every well-behaved child on 24 December but it turns out that only the children of high-rolling parents are able to visit him in his Swarovski crystal-encrusted grotto in Harrods.

The Knightsbridge department store has been accused of “behaving like the Grinch who stole Christmas” by restricting access to its Father Christmas to customers who have spent at least £2,000 in the 170-year-old shop.

Following anger from customers, some of whom have family traditions of visiting the grotto every year stretching back decades, Harrods has agreed to change its policy this year and allow in some children whose parents haven’t spent enough to qualify for a Green tier 2 or above Harrods Reward card.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/08/harrods-restricts-christmas-grotto-to-2000-plus-spenders

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

"No children you can't go to see santa but don't worry he'll be back in pound land tomorrow we'll go there"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Went to Harrods in December 2006 and saw an enormous queue outside the building.  I had just come from the Savoy hotel and was dressed to impress in my best suit.  It was early in the day and I figured the store had not opened yet.  So I joined the queue and waited for 2 hours.  The guy in front of me asked me where my children were.  I told him I did not have any, and I thought that was a very personal question.  As I got closer to the door I realized I was standing in the queue to see Santa.  I tried to think what to do as I got closer and closer to the door.  So I pretended to get a phone call and faked a conversation that I was needed elsewhere, and I quickly stepped out of the queue red faced.  I walked around the building, and realized the main entrance was on the other side of the building.  lol.  Talk about embarrassing.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Haha 8

For £2000 I'd want to see a real Bigfoot.

• Haha 6

It is owned by the Arabs,  they are making money out of the christians,  is anyone really surprised by this?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1