Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shop bans Christmas music for sake of staff

Still Waters

• The title was changed to Shop bans Christmas music for sake of staff

I imagine it would also help cut down on the consumption of the shop's own products by staff trying to cope with it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I like to hear Christmas music playing but have often thought what a pain that must be for the staff. As a shopper it's easy enough to get away from it by walking out of the store, but staff can't do that and have to endure the same tunes over and over again for the whole of their working day.

• Like 7

One of the coffee shops in town has started playing Seasonal Favourites, but at low volume and interspersed with other things. The other day it was "diddle-iddle-um-pum" and then "a-rum-pa-pum-pum", which are tolerable. 

• Like 2

I get viscerally angry when my local radio (yes I know archaic) starts playing Christmas music 24/7 right after Thanksgiving. I listen while I do dishes and every year after my post turkey bliss wears off, I curse the stations playing it. I honestly think you could drive a person mad by putting "A Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney on repeat.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I like Christmas music but I don't want to hear it constantly from the first week of November to the second week of January. That's how it was where I worked. I was sick of it before Christmas even got here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, darkmoonlady said:

I get viscerally angry when my local radio (yes I know archaic) starts playing Christmas music 24/7 right after Thanksgiving. I listen while I do dishes and every year after my post turkey bliss wears off, I curse the stations playing it. I honestly think you could drive a person mad by putting "A Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney on repeat.

We have a station that plays 100 days of Christmas, which means they start before Halloween.  Absolutely idiotic.

• Like 4

Mrs matt has already looking for the xmas radio channels and has been listening and watching xmas channels on sky ............. actually this could of gone in the things that make me go grrrrr thread ....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

i was in the Coffee ship today and the played one that I don't think I've heard before. It sounded like one of those 60s harmony girl groups that were popular around that time. Like the Shondells or however they were spelled. 

No, it couldn't be the Shondells, they were a psychedelic rock band. Martha Reeves and the Vandellas, that was the word I was looking for. Anyway, I don't know if it was them, that was kind of who it sounded like. 

I do think November is too early for Christmas music :D

• Like 1