Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

New theory on Deja Vu

Inn Spectre
2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

I have a feeling i've read this before.

I knew I was going to read this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

L.A.T.1961

This looks familiar. :D

It would be interesting to know how long the tests were run for? Based on my own déjà vu experiences, about five or six in nearly six decades, I reckon it would take a test team of 100 sitting at a computer, all day every day, for more than a month to get one hit.

Not exactly a huge pool of data to perform an analysis on?  

• Like 2

Hankenhunter

Wasn't she that hot Martian chick that had John Carter all hot to trot? I may be confused. Maybe it'll come to me later. :wacko:

• Haha 3

Horta
On 11/11/2019 at 5:57 AM, Eldorado said:

"For many, déjà vu is just a fleeting, eerie sensation that "I've been here before." For others, it gets even eerier: In that moment of unsettling familiarity, they also feel certain they know what's going to happen next -- like, a girl in a white shirt is going to pass me on the left.

"And when the girl in the white shirt really does pass by, well, what can explain it? Cue theories of past lives, clairvoyance, and the supernatural.

"Not so fast, says Anne Cleary, a memory researcher at Colorado State University who is one of the world's experts on déjà vu.

"A dogged scientist who uses laboratory experiments to induce déjà vu in human subjects, Cleary has a new theory on why déjà vu is accompanied not only by feelings of prediction, but also an "I knew that was going to happen" feeling a minute later."

Full monty at Science Daily: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/11/191106124044.htm

"A postdictive bias associated with déjà vu"

Research Paper abstract at Springer: https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758%2Fs13423-019-01578-w

Fascinating research. Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1