Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favorite Holiday Room Fragrance Or Candle?

HandsomeGorilla

Oh man, my favorite time of year for the smells alone. I'm a total fragrance nerd, I love balsamic, woodsy and other similar stuff, and that stuff is always en vogue this time of year. I go to Marshall's or TJ Maxx once a week, at least, just to browse for new soap scents. I have a nice backlog of awesome soap, shaving stuff, etc. to last me until we finally make the trip to Mars. 

I have issues. 

Anyway, what's your favorite way to scent your home this time of year? I'm talking actual fragrances, not just having a natural Christmas tree or holly around the house. I want a great piney, woodsy scent that doesn't smell artificial but has good staying power. 

I have three candles going right now ; peppermint bark, sandalwood and myrrh and fresh pine & balsam. 

• Like 5

THIS is my favourite, right now, right at this time of year! :D 

Capture.PNG.e6c5eab448df1fd82f0aa4737a0f0bb3.PNG

And when I'm not taking tips off pewdiepie, I'm burning sandalwood incense. :wub:

• Like 4

Scented candles produce a number of harmful chemicals, some of which can cause lung inflammation and even cancer. Incense is no better and has been linked to lung inflammation and upper respiratory cancers. If you enjoy scents, use essential oils, or create some natural ones (like the orange peels and cinnamon above).

My favourite home scent is fresh air. At Christmas I like fresh pine and spruce.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

THIS is my favourite, right now, right at this time of year! :D 

Capture.PNG.e6c5eab448df1fd82f0aa4737a0f0bb3.PNG

And when I'm not taking tips off pewdiepie, I'm burning sandalwood incense. :wub:

As a teen in High School I went on a tour of an antebellum home in Mobile, Alabama.  It was decorated as it would have been for Christmas during that period and on the mantles there were oranges that had been spiked with whole cloves.  As they aged, the scent they gave got stronger and it has since become my marker for the way a holiday room should smell...along with the scent of pine or fir trees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just like the smell of fresh pine needles.

• Like 4

Another for sandalwood (it even sounds like a holiday!), and also Ylang Ylang.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use oil and I love Eucalyptus. For Christmas, pine.

• Like 2

I like candles in my house this time of year that smell like Pumpkin Pie.  It reminds me of Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

Apple Cider, Cinnamon Candles, Peppermint,  Pine from the Christmas Trees, and of course the cooking done in the kitchen during the holidays.

• Like 1