Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
MissJatti

Are they back

MissJatti

For those who have read my old post, (the ones when I first became a UM member) I shared my many many strange/scared/unexplainable experiences.

Since I was a kid, I had very strange things going on around me. Then it stopped. Then it came back when I was a teenage to early 20's. Then it stopped again for a very long time.

Well until yesterday.

I was in my bedroom all alone, just about to go to sleep. I had my desk lamp on, and viewing my phone. I was laying on my stomach and turn my phone to silent, and then I placed my phone on the desk where my lamp was and turned around to lay on my back. I reached out to my lamp to turn it off. Has I was about to turn the lamp off, I was a shadow in the corner of my eye. When I had a good look at this shadow, I realized it was a huge face. I initial reaction was, my mind saying 'ohh no not this again'

I grabbed my phone a took photos of this shadow. Has I was taking the photos, I thought to myself, what could possibly caused this shadow. I mean the curtains were pulled, and the bedroom door was fully closed. Also I was all alone, and a no one could get inside my bedroom, unless they come through the door, which was full closed. 

I then quickly turn the lamp off. And thought to myself, what would happen if the turned the lamp back on. After a short pause I turned the lamp back on. And the shadow did not come back.

Due to my many previous experiences, I was not scared of it. Ok a little bit scared. Because it might not be friendly. I could not sleep last night, because of flashback of almost all of my previous experiences. I don't want to through with this, cause it really does puck you up alot.

I have an image of this face shadow below. What could it be? seriously IDK. I hope it does not stay.

rsz_20191109_145900.thumb.jpg.575e986542d465265bbcb2045e208c63.jpg

• Thanks 1

moonman

Looks like trim on a piece of furniture, like the edge of a dresser. The proportions are all wrong to be a human face. Slightly shift the lamp and it goes away.

I find it hard to believe you couldn't figure that out on your own. If you really believed there was an unknown face on the wall, why would you just shut off the light? You think there could be an intruder and you just shut off the lights? 

All you have to do to test it is turn the light back on and move it around a little.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

papageorge1

That could be a paranormal shadow-man or a normal shadow that resembles a face. Obviously you would be in a better position than any of us to judge the likeliness of the two theories. On a forum of this personality you will primarily get an insistence that it is natural. Don't let people's false certainty overwhelm you. Think rationally for yourself.

As for the possibility of a shadow-man my first thought is to ask if there are any new stress/fears going on in your life. There is a theory that these types of entities will feed on these emotions. As always, work on your mental wellness and de-stressing. That is good advice for whatever is going on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Matt221

we had a similar thing a perfect shape of an old bloke actually moving about  on the wall the non sceptic me said ghost,the sceptic me said there is an explanation and so there was,a branch with a few leaves on next to the window then the standard lamp in the room lighting it up resulting in said image i moved the lamp a few inches and the old bloke had gone lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MissJatti
1 hour ago, moonman said:

Looks like trim on a piece of furniture, like the edge of a dresser. The proportions are all wrong to be a human face. Slightly shift the lamp and it goes away.

I find it hard to believe you couldn't figure that out on your own. If you really believed there was an unknown face on the wall, why would you just shut off the light? You think there could be an intruder and you just shut off the lights? 

All you have to do to test it is turn the light back on and move it around a little.

Thanks for the reply moonman, but I could not see any furniture that could make this shadow. And why would a piece of furniture trim make this shadow after so many years.

Also I have a small bedroom UK standard, so I would know if there was an intruder in my room. 

Did I mention I turned my lamp off then back on again.

• Like 1

moonman
41 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Thanks for the reply moonman, but I could not see any furniture that could make this shadow. And why would a piece of furniture trim make this shadow after so many years.

Also I have a small bedroom UK standard, so I would know if there was an intruder in my room. 

Did I mention I turned my lamp off then back on again.

I'm just telling you what I see. Shadows can change greatly depending on light source and location. If you move the lamp even a couple centimeters (say from bumping it as you turn it off and on), it will change. Maybe it was some clothes hanging off the furniture. Whatever it is, I can guarantee you it's not paranormal in any way.

Again, all you have to do is turn the lamp on and move it around to recreate it. You could also take some shots of the room and furniture so we can pinpoint the source if you actually want an explanation, assuming nothing has changed in the room since taking the pic. What would help most is a pic taken right next to the lamp, focusing on the wall where you saw this so we have a direct line of sight from lamp to wall.

If you want to go on thinking you have ghosts, no need to do any of that. Keep living in fear of nothing, it makes no difference to me either way.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

ThereWeAreThen

Agreed with moonman. Shadows of furniture. You may have knocked furniture accidentally or moved something around which could make it.

openozy

What I find amazing is you say you experienced things paranormal when younger but never seem to believe anyone's experiences on this stuff.For what it's worth my experiences went away in my thirties and forties and came back in my fifties,so yeah it can return.If you are genuine with the pic,just tell it to leave.

• Like 2

ThereWeAreThen
2 minutes ago, openozy said:

What I find amazing is you say you experienced things paranormal when younger but never seem to believe anyone's experiences on this stuff.For what it's worth my experiences went away in my thirties and forties and came back in my fifties,so yeah it can return.If you are genuine with the pic,just tell it to leave.

Raise a good point there. Depends how much younger the poster was I suppose.

• Like 1

openozy
1 minute ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Raise a good point there. Depends how much younger the poster was I suppose.

I don't understand?

• Like 1

ThereWeAreThen
29 minutes ago, openozy said:

I don't understand?

Children can have a very vivid imagination is the point I was trying to refer to.

Edited by ThereWeAreThen
Cant use English properly
  • Like 2

MissJatti
4 hours ago, openozy said:

Agreed... when I was younger, i have experienced many strange things that no one could explain. 

My experieces where scary,  but they did not hurt me in any way

I was born and raised in India, where superstitious people are all around.

But my parents were different, when I told them the strange things that happened. They told me to 'live with logic reasonable outcomes. Consider paranormal does not exist.'

By the way I never said I have experienced something paranormal. I said I experienced strange things going on. To this day I dont know what I experienced all them years back. Even looking back now with logic reasoning I 100% cannot tell you what I have experienced. Even with my strange experiences I do not believe in ghosts, ghouls, jinn etc etc.

Yes I do reply to other peoples post with logically reasoning with the best of my ability. 

Thanks for all the replys guys. But so far that shadow has not come back. And i not 100% sure where it originated from.

• Like 3

Tia

I'm a believer but first things first, a once off could be anything. I always look for a rational answer, if it comes back get up move things around take a good look and see if there is a logical answer.

If you can not find a natural cause and believe it is something supernatural, feel for the vibe you are picking up from it and you can work from there. 

• Thanks 1

Gwynbleidd

I've had something similar to this happen before and I got a bit of a fright at first as I thought it was a person's shadow.  So I had a good look around, even got up and investigated from different angles and found it was just something very innocent.   The shape of a jacket hanging on a coat-rack.  The jacket was bunched up and not hung straight and the light came through and created what looked like a person's shape to me.  

Did you end up figuring out what it could be?  It would be something behind the light source imho.  :unsure2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MissJatti
5 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I've had something similar to this happen before and I got a bit of a fright at first as I thought it was a person's shadow.  So I had a good look around, even got up and investigated from different angles and found it was just something very innocent.   The shape of a jacket hanging on a coat-rack.  The jacket was bunched up and not hung straight and the light came through and created what looked like a person's shape to me.  

Did you end up figuring out what it could be?  It would be something behind the light source imho.  :unsure2:

Hi, I believe my OP was a bit short. But I mentioned that I saw the strange shadow, and being scared of this shadow I immediately turn my lamp off. After a few seconds I hesitantly turned my lamp back on, and the shadow had gone. I believe that if I did some investigation that shadow (whatever it was) would become malevolent. My parents taught me not to be scared in something you do not understand. Obviously in the following morning, I thought about what I saw, and looked into it. And I thought about some of the replies I got. Obviously it was too late to move my lamp around since the shadow was no longer there. And I can not see any of the furniture or clothes making that kind in shadow image. Even though I had many strange unexplainable experiences happen to me in the past, but I have been taught to think rationally, with logic and reason. Even though I posted this experience, I do not believe in the paranormal.

Edited by MissJatti
  • Thanks 1

SecretSanta

I could be wrong but I think that whatever that’s in the circle could have caused your shadow. Any idea of what that is?

FtZmsza.jpg

• Like 1

ThereWeAreThen
28 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

I could be wrong but I think that whatever that’s in the circle could have caused your shadow. Any idea of what that is?

FtZmsza.jpg

That actually looks like joints to a door.

• Like 1

SecretSanta
1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

That actually looks like joints to a door.

Us3LYUn.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MissJatti
2 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

FtZmsza.jpg

What you are seeing there is a picture. I mean a frame for a picture.

Edited by MissJatti
  • Like 1

moonman

Did you do any of the simple tests I suggested?

Interesting about the picture frame - when I was kid there was a certain picture frame that when hit with the right light combination, it would cast a shadow of what looked like an gray alien's face on the wall outside my room every night. I knew exactly what it was, but it still creeped me out. It looked a lot like yours.

Do the simple tests and you might find you have the exact same thing going on.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

MissJatti
45 minutes ago, moonman said:

Did you do any of the simple tests I suggested?

Interesting about the picture frame - when I was kid there was a certain picture frame that when hit with the right light combination, it would cast a shadow of what looked like an gray alien's face on the wall outside my room every night. I knew exactly what it was, but it still creeped me out. It looked a lot like yours.

Do the simple tests and you might find you have the exact same thing going on.

Yes I did those tests you and others mentioned, but it not help at all.

• Sad 1

ThereWeAreThen
On 11/11/2019 at 5:46 PM, papageorge1 said:

That could be a paranormal shadow-man or a normal shadow that resembles a face. Obviously you would be in a better position than any of us to judge the likeliness of the two theories. On a forum of this personality you will primarily get an insistence that it is natural. Don't let people's false certainty overwhelm you. Think rationally for yourself.

As for the possibility of a shadow-man my first thought is to ask if there are any new stress/fears going on in your life. There is a theory that these types of entities will feed on these emotions. As always, work on your mental wellness and de-stressing. That is good advice for whatever is going on.

The first paragraph is the first non biased, logical post I've seen you post..bravo!!!!

• Like 1

Gwynbleidd
11 hours ago, MissJatti said:

What you are seeing there is a picture. I mean a frame for a picture.

May I just say, I really like the colour of your walls.  It relaxes me. :wub:

Thanks for actually taking pics btw @MissJatti ;)

• Like 1

littlebrowndragon
On 11/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, MissJatti said:

I have an image of this face shadow below. What could it be? seriously IDK. I hope it does not stay.

This may seem like an unconnected question regarding the shadow (it isn't unconnected), but might I ask you something?  When you are talking face-to-face with a person, where do you normally look?  For example, do you look at their eyes or at their mouth or perhaps behind them?