Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Do You Stop 9/11 from Happening?

TigerBright19

We discussed in class a range of hypothetical scenarios that could have stopped the 9/11 terrorist attacks from happening, and the butterfly effect which led to the rapid increase of strategic strength, homeland security, and the military interventions seen in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan.  The question was - if you could rewind history back to September 10th 2001 and were given 24 hours to prevent 9/11 what would you do, and what would be the probability that you would succeed, and would our world (preferably the middle-east) look very different today?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

We discussed in class a range of hypothetical scenarios that could have stopped the 9/11 terrorist attacks from happening, and the butterfly effect which led to the rapid increase of strategic strength, homeland security, and the military interventions seen in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan.  The question was - if you could rewind history back to September 10th 2001 and were given 24 hours to prevent 9/11 what would you do, and what would be the probability that you would succeed, and would our world (preferably the middle-east) look very different today?

Obama could literally have killed or captured Bin Laden and he refused to do so.  Hindsight is always 20-20 but without him the likelihood of that attack going forward would have been greatly reduced or exposed to an intervention on our part.  I believe the only reason we weren't hit during Obama's terms is due to his RANK COWARDICE before our enemies.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, and then said:

Obama could literally have killed or captured Bin Laden and he refused to do so. 

I was under the impression that he did order Bin Laden killed and it happened may 2nd 2011. 

Hindsight is always 20-20 but without him the likelihood of that attack going forward would have been greatly reduced or exposed to an intervention on our part. 

Yes his position as a Illinois state senator on september 11th was instrumental in the 9/11 attacks. :blink: 

I believe the only reason we weren't hit during Obama's terms is due to his RANK COWARDICE before our enemies.  

Thats your opinion, but it have nothing to do with the topic.

As for what could have prevented 9/11, other than Obama apparently, it would probably have been increased coorporation between the different US intelligence agencies, particularly the CIA and FBI. 

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Here are the terror threats that were reported in the months leading up to the attacks from 2000 - 2001.  If only they knew what was about to happen, but would they believe it, if you had told them?

"If it happens, it happens."

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Here are the terror threats that were reported in the months leading up to the attacks.  If only they knew what was about to happen, but would they believe what you told them?

Bill Clinton wasn't President September 10, 2001.

And there were too many planes for just one man.

24-heures-chrono-photo-redemption-960776

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Bill Clinton wasn't President September 10, 2001.

Neither was Obama, but it was somehow his fault anyway, so why not blame Clinton too ? I'm sure FDR or Kennedy didn't do anything to prevent them either ? 

And what about the Kurds. Where were they on 9/11 ? :innocent:

• Thanks 8

56 minutes ago, and then said:

Obama could literally have killed or captured Bin Laden and he refused to do so.

Wow.  As NEIAC points out... you do realise Obama became president in 2009.

911 was in 2001.   :wacko: :wacko:

Can you spot the teeny weeny flaw in your assertion?  How can you expect to be taken seriously when your hatred for Obama is such that your mind just shuffles your memories about?

That's just scary.

56 minutes ago, and then said:

Hindsight is always 20-20

In this case it is 0/10.  But thanks for coming and revealing your MO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

That's just scary.

If you wan't to see and then get scary you should read this thread:

Edit: I see that someone have removed the part where he gets really nasty in post #3. See the next post for the line that was removed.

• Haha 5

I'm not even sure why we're talking about Barry, we should be talking about how George W handled it and the events leading up to the tragedy.  JMO.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I'm not even sure why we're talking about Barry, we should be talking about how George W handled it and the events leading up to the tragedy.  JMO.  

Where was President Obama on September 11th, 2001?

"I remember that I was driving to a state legislative hearing in downtown Chicago when I heard the news on my car radio, that a plane had hit the World Trade Center," he said.

https://www.wbez.org/shows/eight-fortyeight/where-was-president-obama-on-september-11th-2001/38e49855-7790-4d22-b92f-895fc705023d

OR so HEsays!:ph34r:

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Even hilariouser when you realise there was no "president obama" on sep 11 2001....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Even hilariouser when you realise there was no "president obama" on sep 11 2001....

Time for another rip-off

• Haha 1

To be fair Obama could have killed Osama Bin Ladin- just not as a president.  Just like AndThen could have.  I don't know that I would particularly blame the two of them for not doing it, seeing as how they are both non-psychic or particularly motivated to travel to the middle east back in the late 90's and kill an unknown stranger.  Similarly, I don't blame Hitler's nurse for not strangling him either.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, and then said:

Obama could literally have killed or captured Bin Laden and he refused to do so.  Hindsight is always 20-20 but without him the likelihood of that attack going forward would have been greatly reduced or exposed to an intervention on our part.  I believe the only reason we weren't hit during Obama's terms is due to his RANK COWARDICE before our enemies.  

What a load of drivel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Sack Barbra Bodine and listen to John O'Neil? 

The question was -

if you could rewind history back to September 10th 2001 and were given 24 hours to prevent 9/11 what would you do, and what would be the probability that you would succeed, and would our world (preferably the middle-east) look very different today?

I get it...it's a hypothetical.  But it is a stupid hypothetical.  Why waste your time in a  class you are paying good money answering ridiculously stupid questions?  I would tell the professor...why don't you teach us something instead of wasting our time asking us stupid questions?  

2 hours ago, joc said:

The question was -

if you could rewind history back to September 10th 2001 and were given 24 hours to prevent 9/11 what would you do, and what would be the probability that you would succeed, and would our world (preferably the middle-east) look very different today?

I get it...it's a hypothetical.  But it is a stupid hypothetical.  Why waste your time in a  class you are paying good money answering ridiculously stupid questions?  I would tell the professor...why don't you teach us something instead of wasting our time asking us stupid questions?  

You do know what critical thinking skills are, don't you? And that whole learning from the past thing we call history.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Invent a time machine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Thanks for the question Aaron. I'm not sure anything could have been done to prevent it. I don't think many folks thought something of that magnitude would happen here in my hometown and that is despite a previous attempt in 1993 on the same buildings and as a result we were caught off guard. I will say that many positives came out of this tragedy and imo the most important one being it brought people from all walks of life from around the world closer together. I must say it's really sad to see some posters here taking this opportunity to make fun of this tragedy that saw 2,977 innocent men, women and children lose their lives in horrific fashion. Even sadder is I would expect nothing less from a couple of you. It's really good Aaron to see young folks like yourself taking an interest in history and I wish you much success in your search for the truth. If i may offer a bit of unsolicited advice that was given to me, " Don't believe anything you read or hear and only half of what you see." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Thanks for the question Aaron. I'm not sure anything could have been done to prevent it. I don't think many folks thought something of that magnitude would happen here in my hometown and that is despite a previous attempt in 1993 on the same buildings and as a result we were caught off guard. I will say that many positives came out of this tragedy and imo the most important one being it brought people from all walks of life from around the world closer together. I must say it's really sad to see some posters here taking this opportunity to make fun of this tragedy that saw 2,977 innocent men, women and children lose their lives in horrific fashion. Even sadder is I would expect nothing less from a couple of you. It's really good Aaron to see young folks like yourself taking an interest in history and I wish you much success in your search for the truth. If i may offer a bit of unsolicited advice that was given to me, " Don't believe anything you read or hear and only half of what you see." 

I was quite serious myself. Have you seen the documentary 'The Man Who Knew'? 

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/showsknew/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

24 hours to prevent is in the hands of the impossible. Given the factors involved. 
Presentation of a future event: Easy answer is simply better regulations regarding cockpit safety/security/entry and that the safety measures/regulations are properly enforced by flight crews.

• Like 2

Voice actor Seth MacFarlene was supposed to be on one of the planes that crashed, but missed his flight.  He must have wondered what he would have done on that plane.  Here is a sketch which shows his character going back in time and stopping 9/11.

Is this scenario possible?

i.e. physically stopping the hijackers on the first plane, and telling air traffic control to ground all the targeted planes involved, or changing the radio frequency and directly telling the pilots to be prepared?

Stopping 9/11

Regarding the butterfly effect, if Seth was 10 minutes early and got on the plane, then this episode would not have been made.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I was under the impression that he did order Bin Laden killed and it happened may 2nd 2011.

Attend... the topic was what could have been done to PREVENT 9-11

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Wow.  As NEIAC points out... you do realise Obama became president in 2009.

911 was in 2001.   :wacko: :wacko:

Can you spot the teeny weeny flaw in your assertion?  How can you expect to be taken seriously when your hatred for Obama is such that your mind just shuffles your memories about?

That's just scary.

In this case it is 0/10.  But thanks for coming and revealing your MO.

For a bright guy you certainly are tiresome at times.  Read the history of the time and get a clue.  It isn't as though Bin Laden and his crimes were unknown before 9-11.  But peddle your bull**** if you like.  Do you REALLY imagine everyone else here can't see what you do, Chucky?

• Thanks 1