Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Facebook App secretly using your camera

Eldorado

"iPhone owners, beware. It appears Facebook might be actively using your camera without your knowledge while you’re scrolling your feed.

"The issue has come to light after a user going by the name Joshua Maddux took to Twitter to report the unusual behavior, which occurs in the Facebook app for iOS.

"In footage he shared, you can see his camera actively working in the background as he scrolls through his feed."

Full monty at TheNextWeb dot com: https://thenextweb.com/apps/2019/11/12/facebook-camera-ios-iphone/

"Facebook app accesses iPhone camera without user's knowledge"

At Apple Insider: https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/11/12/facebook-app-accesses-iphone-camera-without-users-knowledge

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Another reason to not have Facebook App on your phone.  I am sure it will soon be doing the same thing in android phones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Another reason to not have Facebook App on your phone.  I am sure it will soon be doing the same thing in android phones.

I have 6 apps on my phone and would use others if they did not want access to areas of my phone as I do not see why they need access to my photos, contacts and documents, I did contact a company and ask them if they were willing to give me access to their photos and contacts in fair exchange and received no answer.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jmccr8 said:

I have 6 apps on my phone and would use others if they did not want access to areas of my phone as I do not see why they need access to my photos, contacts and documents, I did contact a company and ask them if they were willing to give me access to their photos and contacts in fair exchange and received no answer.

jmccr8

I feel the same way.  Facebook didn't even ask, that is what caused me to disable it and remove it from my phone a couple of years ago.  I started seeing my photos that were on my phone show up in Facebook when I wanted to add a photo.  Too much control.  And now I suspect they sell people's photos as well as their other data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1