Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cat saves baby from falling down staircase

UM-Bot

Wow. It looks like that cat knew exactly what was going to happen. Amazing.

• Like 6

Cats have been known to defend houses, much like dogs, from burglars.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hero-bengal-cat-leo-scares-98886

There are other examples of cats saving humans. My mothers cat saved her from a hypoglycaemic attack by waking her up by jumping on her chest. Cats are scientifically just as smart as dogs and love humans as much as dogs do. Sadly a lot of myths have built up and science is having a tough time breaking it down. There are Russian Cat circuses where cats do amazing tricks. They're wonderful animals, as are dogs.

• Like 8

That is truely Wonderful !  

My wife recently told me about an Elk saving a marmot from drowning !...by gently picking it up in it's mouth ,laying it on the ground, and then ever so gently coaxing it back to consciousness !

• Like 4

It's interesting that, although the infant is much bigger than the cat, the cat still knows that he/she is basically a human kitten, and not to be trusted to avoid danger.

Edited by acute
  • Like 6

Cats are known for their aloofness and just looking at you when you call them, but they are a lot smarter than they're given credit for. 

• Like 3

Cats are awesome pets they certainly know more than you expect them to.

• Like 3

I love cats. Love dogs but there is just something about cats.

• Like 1

Intelligence: the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations. Our supposed superiority as humans is mere pretense.

• Haha 1

The cat is part of family, and family stick together.

• Like 1

i think almost any cat could  add 2 and 2, and know what would happen,  just not many would do something about it, cats are not pack animals, they do not always care about anything else.  it is not in them. not in all of them that is

Yep,  where are the parents and where is the stair gate?  And what is all over the carpet?  

So is this cat there to act as the stair gate.

Good on the cat,  but quite frankly K would be embarrassed to let people see this. It is horrendous this child is allowed to roam about near an open stair case,  cat or no cat.

• Like 2