Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel airstrike kills Islamic Jihad leader

BrooklynGuy

Israel hit by rockets from Gaza after airstrike kills Islamic Jihad leader

Nearly 200 rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip into Israel on Tuesday hours after an Israeli airstrike targeted and killed a senior Islamic Jihad commander in Gaza in the most serious escalation of violence in months. The Israeli airstrike in northern Gaza killed Bahaa Abu el-Atta and his wife, as Islamic Jihad vowed further revenge. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement Tuesday that Abu el-Atta was the mastermind of many recent attacks against Israel and was a "ticking bomb."

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israel-hit-50-rockets-gaza-after-airstrike-kills-islamic-jihad-n1080391

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Israeli commentator at 9:12.  Basically, the story is the decision had been made 10 days ago and they were waiting on an opportunity where the guy wouldn't have children around him.  That came yesterday.  They've sent a message that they don't desire a full escalation and they don't intend to begin targeted assassinations now.  IF the missiles keep coming into Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, all hell is about to break loose on the Hamas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My family were in Israel just yesterday.  Here are some photos they took.  Gives you an idea of why Israel is worth protecting.  Beautiful place.

Isr3.png

Isr1.png

Isr4.png

Isr2.png

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Way to go Israel , the only problem is that there will be 20 more jihadi's to take his place . Living in a Country surrounded by enemies must be pretty tough , but non of these countries have the guts to go against Israel . The only Country's to match Israel are Saudi Arabia and Iran and they are S*** scared as they will be turned into glass .  

• Like 4

If all out war comes to Israel, Iran will be pushing it and supplying their luckiest Hamas with more weapons. It's only a matter of time before Israel invades and go's after Hamas again, when are these people ever going learn. I dont think peace will ever come to that region.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

If all out war comes to Israel, Iran will be pushing it and supplying their luckiest Hamas with more weapons. It's only a matter of time before Israel invades and go's after Hamas again, when are these people ever going learn. I dont think peace will ever come to that region.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2019/11/12/idf-massing-ground-forces-on-gaza-border-amid-concerns-over-possible-terrorist-infiltration-attempts/ 

The IDF seems to agree.  My faith tells me peace will come one day but it won't happen before Islam and those who practice it are removed.  Before that happens 2/3 of Israelis will die as well.  The same fraction of the whole population of the planet will go down at approximately the same time.  Let THAT number sink in.  In WWII about 100 million died from all causes.  This will be approximately 6,000 million.  I believe it will all begin in earnest over the desire to achieve "justice" for Palestinians who never owned the land to begin with.  So be it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, and then said:

https://www.algemeiner.com/2019/11/12/idf-massing-ground-forces-on-gaza-border-amid-concerns-over-possible-terrorist-infiltration-attempts/ 

The IDF seems to agree.  My faith tells me peace will come one day but it won't happen before Islam and those who practice it are removed.  Before that happens 2/3 of Israelis will die as well.  The same fraction of the whole population of the planet will go down at approximately the same time.  Let THAT number sink in.  In WWII about 100 million died from all causes.  This will be approximately 6,000 million.  I believe it will all begin in earnest over the desire to achieve "justice" for Palestinians who never owned the land to begin with.  So be it.

In the military I worked in tactical operation centers, doing damage, threat, attack assessments for Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical attacks. I don't beleive there will be a major Nuclear exchange, in that situation there are no winners. No Nuclear power wants the devastation that will be incurred on their country, because frankly when it is all said and done there will no longer be countries as we know them today. 

What the blast from the bombs doesn't destroy the Electromagnetic Pulse will. Very few electronic devises will be able to operate, the power grids across the world will be destroyed, and just to make things worst Nuclear Winter will set in and kill almost everything above ground. Only those who sat the event out in under ground facilities or in outer space will have a good chance at survival. The effects of Nuclear Winter could last as long as 5 years, which will kill even more people below ground, and on the international space station because they will run out of supplies.

With all of that said, and also well known by the Leaders of the World I don't beleive a an all out Nuclear War will ever occur, like I said before no one wins. But it is possible that limited Battle Field Tactcal Nuclear Weapons could be used, these weapons are used to destroy large Armor formations, fixed military positions, and Concentrated Naval Fleets. Unless it's unavoidable these weapons would not be used on civilian population centers. Another factor to consider is these weapons are low yield, at most they may be a few megatons. Also so they would be used as air detonation weapons, which would eliminate any fallout after detonation. Also by using an Air Detonation Weapon you will get maximum destruction of your target area.

Last, like I said above I don't beleive the casualties you mentioned above will ever occur, at least not by mans hand, there is just no gains for anyone in your scenario. In my opinion if an all Nuclear war occurred more 80% of the worlds population would die due to everything I have outlined above. Now that's some scary ****.

JIMO

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

With all of that said, and also well known by the Leaders of the World I don't beleive a an all out Nuclear War will ever occur, like I said before no one wins.

I doubt there has ever been a war begun with the thinking that a nation would lose.  It's the whole madness of human nature that will bring it about.  The most sobering "advances" we see these days are the "limited" "low yield" versions of nukes being created by the major powers.  The thinking behind these should scare the hell out of everyone.  As to the powers going into such an exchange with eyes wide open, it wouldn't happen that way.  One country's leader would miscalculate, strike and then the escalation would be unavoidable.  Sorry but it will happen at some point.  I doubt it will be the kind of general exchange of city busters that we all assumed in the 70s and 80s.  Face it, low yield in NYC, LA or any major east coast port city would end our economy and cause a general economic collapse, globally.  Starvation and disease would follow along with chaos, lack of rule of law and every bad thing that flows from that.  The systems we depend on are VERY fragile.  

• Like 1

Bad post

Edited by Manwon Lender

31 minutes ago, and then said:

I doubt there has ever been a war begun with the thinking that a nation would lose.  It's the whole madness of human nature that will bring it about.  The most sobering "advances" we see these days are the "limited" "low yield" versions of nukes being created by the major powers.  The thinking behind these should scare the hell out of everyone.  As to the powers going into such an exchange with eyes wide open, it wouldn't happen that way.  One country's leader would miscalculate, strike and then the escalation would be unavoidable.  Sorry but it will happen at some point.  I doubt it will be the kind of general exchange of city busters that we all assumed in the 70s and 80s.  Face it, low yield in NYC, LA or any major east coast port city would end our economy and cause a general economic collapse, globally.  Starvation and disease would follow along with chaos, lack of rule of law and every bad thing that flows from that.  The systems we depend on are VERY fragile.  

The low yield weapons you speak of are not used in our Missile Silos or loaded on our Submarines. Those weapons are not the low yield weapons your speaking of. The low yield weapons are tactical weapons, designed for the battlefield not for cities. If another country launched a weapon at the United States, our policy is to launch a retaliatory strike before that weapon hits US Airspace. If a major city was hit by a Nuclear Strike it would not end our economy or cause a global collapse. There are plans in place that will be activated if such a thing were to happen. Yes there would initially be chaos in the attacked area, but starvation, disease, and break down of law and order would not happen nation wide.

However, the launch of a crippling strike from our Submarines would certainly entirely destabilize and disable the country that attacked us. I am uncertain where your information comes from, but I am certain it's not accurate. However, you beleive what you want to, be it far from me to argue with someone who hasn't actually participated in exercises that relate to this type of event. I am not being sarcastic with you, I am only stating the facts that I am certain are accurate.

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am uncertain where your information comes from, but I am certain it's not accurate. However, you beleive what you want to, be it far from me to argue with someone who hasn't actually participated in exercises that relate to this type of event. I am not being sarcastic with you, I am only stating the facts that I am certain are accurate.

I, also, won't argue with you, Manwon.  Believe as you will but I have to say, for someone who is an expert in the logistics of war you don't seem to have much of a grasp of human nature and I think anyone who lived through the impact of 9-11-01 should realize the extent to which "small" events can lead to asymmetric degrees of destabilization.  That day, 19 guys on 4 commercial airliners created chaos we are still dealing with today.  Our economy took months to regain its balance.  You also seem to have far more faith in our government's ability than I do, at this point.  Frankly, I hope you are right.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah, yeah. Well my belief tells me peace will come to that land the minute people like you stop existing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yeah, yeah. Well my belief tells me peace will come to that land the minute people like you stop existing. 

You first ;) 

11 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

The low yield weapons are tactical weapons, designed for the battlefield not for cities.

I'm well aware of the current definition of tactical vs strategic weapon and how they'd be delivered.  I was speaking in the context of a changing paradigm where these weapons are concerned.  The B61 is a perfect example.  The whole "Dial a Yield" concept leaves these weapons open to be used where mega tonnage wouldn't be considered...as though a nation could use one, kill an entire force in the field and the opposing combatant nation not strike back with the same or stronger.  It is madness.  We are far safer without the small, tactical weapons to resort to.

45 minutes ago, Setton said:

At your age? Doubtful. 

True for ya.  That's okay though...only my BODY is going to die.  You should give it some consideration.  You really seem to take things seriously here.  You must enjoy allowing the hate to flow through you.  I get into it occasionally but mostly, it's forgotten in a couple of minutes.  Stress is a killer, man.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, and then said:

I'm well aware of the current definition of tactical vs strategic weapon and how they'd be delivered.  I was speaking in the context of a changing paradigm where these weapons are concerned.  The B61 is a perfect example.  The whole "Dial a Yield" concept leaves these weapons open to be used where mega tonnage wouldn't be considered...as though a nation could use one, kill an entire force in the field and the opposing combatant nation not strike back with the same or stronger.  It is madness.  We are far safer without the small, tactical weapons to resort to.

Like you have said the use of Nuclear Weapons is madness, but there here and we can't put the Jeanie back in the bottle. So the only choice we have is deterrence, since 1945 it has worked. Yes there were some close calls, but to date the fear of mutual destruction, and I hope some common sense have prevailed. No one wants Nuclear War that is in their right mind, because it's the one situation where there is no winner, only losers.

Last I agree that we would be safer with no small yield tactical weapons to resort to, but it is to late. The only thing left to do is hope that the leaders of Nations use restraint when considering the use of such a weapon. I know you don't trust Governments to do that, but since 1945 common sense has prevailed. I know you trust in President Trumps guidance in these matters, well then try and trust that other World Leaders do not want a Nuclear war on their conscience either, except maybe North Korea.:w00t::D

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

then try and trust that other World Leaders do not want a Nuclear war on their conscience either,

Where there's life, there's hope, as they say.  The biggest threat, IMO, will come from a decidedly non-rational government run by Islamist nutters.  That'd be Pakistan today, Iran in the near future and shortly after Iran, S.A.  

11 hours ago, and then said:

I, also, won't argue with you, Manwon.  Believe as you will but I have to say, for someone who is an expert in the logistics of war you don't seem to have much of a grasp of human nature and I think anyone who lived through the impact of 9-11-01 should realize the extent to which "small" events can lead to asymmetric degrees of destabilization.  That day, 19 guys on 4 commercial airliners created chaos we are still dealing with today.  Our economy took months to regain its balance.  You also seem to have far more faith in our government's ability than I do, at this point.  Frankly, I hope you are right.  

First I am not expert in the logistics of war, my knowledge only extends to areas within the broad field of warfare. As far as human nature is concerned my eyes are not closed to what man can and will do in certain situations. While 911 certain caused a great deal of chaos and destruction our Nation did not self destruct. 

Do I have faith in our Government to some extent, not completely. But when it comes to using Nuclear Weapons, I think that the use would be based upon an attack on our country by another Nation using them. Like you said above, I also hope I am right.

Edited by Manwon Lender

11 minutes ago, and then said:

Where there's life, there's hope, as they say.  The biggest threat, IMO, will come from a decidedly non-rational government run by Islamist nutters.  That'd be Pakistan today, Iran in the near future and shortly after Iran, S.A.  

I think the biggest threat is not from a Government, I think it will come from Terrorists similar to 911. I could see for instance a large cargo ship coming into to a major port exploding from a Nuclear Weapon that was on board.  Another threat in my opinion would be the creation and detonation of a dirty explosive device in a major city. Last I also think it's possible that a large EMP device could be built and detonated in a major city taking out the power grid, and most electronic devises. 

I just don't see major Nation States starting a Nuclear War, unless they were forced to do so with no alternatives. So yes I do still have faith that Nuclear Weapons can be a deterrent that stops their blatant use.

JIMO

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 8:00 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Peace will come...when either Iran's Government ceases to exist....or....the entire region is a sea of glass.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joc said:

Peace will come...when either Iran's Government ceases to exist....or....the entire region is a sea of glass.

Wow that's one to look at it, but I fear when that happens most if not all of the world will be a sea of glass. All I can say is I hope there is another way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Wow that's one to look at it, but I fear when that happens most if not all of the world will be a sea of glass. All I can say is I hope there is another way.

I'm a realist!  Hope ....a pointless exercise in futility.  Change the things you can.  Hope for the things you have no control over.  The Jews and the Arabs are arch enemies from the beginning...they both contend only their god is real...and its the same living god.  It's not something that any politician or court can work out.  It's all or nothing.  In the end...it will be ............................................................................................................nothing......................................................................................................................................

2 minutes ago, joc said:

I'm a realist!  Hope ....a pointless exercise in futility.  Change the things you can.  Hope for the things you have no control over.  The Jews and the Arabs are arch enemies from the beginning...they both contend only their god is real...and its the same living god.  It's not something that any politician or court can work out.  It's all or nothing.  In the end...it will be ............................................................................................................nothing......................................................................................................................................

Hope and hopelessness are two sides of the same coin. With hope you continue to search for answers which may solve the problem with hopelessness there are no solutions only pointless futility that will bring about the end. The Jews and the arabs are actually one people that are only separated by a religion, I do agree with you on one thing religion has started more wars than anything else in mans history, and for them it's all or nothing.

36 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hope and hopelessness are two sides of the same coin. With hope you continue to search for answers which may solve the problem with hopelessness there are no solutions only pointless futility that will bring about the end. The Jews and the arabs are actually one people that are only separated by a religion, I do agree with you on one thing religion has started more wars than anything else in mans history, and for them it's all or nothing.

I think the Jews and Arabs are separated by more than religion.  They are separated by hate.  They are separated by death and destruction and hate...and it's a Hatfield McCoy feud that has gone on forever and will never end.  it's really sad.  

• Like 1