Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pneumonic Plague is diagnosed in China

Great Old Man

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/13/world/asia/plague-china-pneumonic.html?partner=naver

Plague, breaks out in China

Everybody should know that

If you are planning to go China, please be aware!

Even R.O.K people are aware of that Plague of China, it is easily contracted from country to country when China's massive infection occurs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Great Old Man said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/13/world/asia/plague-china-pneumonic.html?partner=naver

Plague, breaks out in China

Everybody should know that

If you are planning to go China, please be aware!

Even R.O.K people are aware of that Plague of China, it is easily contracted from country to country when China's massive infection occurs

Plague was firstly noticed in Nei Menggu ZIzhiqu(where is south of Mongolia)

ifb19ab919acc58c6e56035ec2a1a912689aa7dd4

Edited by Great Old Man
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Pneumonic Plague is diagnosed in China
3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Plague as in plague plague? Jesus Christ.

I think the name includes "plague" as a reminder of when it was something that caused a plague (people don't know the meaning of words anymore).  Almost every summer a small number of people are diagnosed with what is called Bubonic or pnuemonic plague in this area. (the name depends on the symptoms but I think it has the same cause)   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Recent news:

some more infected person was confirmed in Beijing Hospital.

That "black plague" seems like mutant, spreading through air.

• Thanks 1

This sounds an awful lot like the beginning of World War Z

• Haha 4

Now the dead are starting to walk, both victims were found trying to crawl into ventilation shafts. What the hell is going on there?:w00t:

Is this the beginning of the end:devil:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

Recent news:

some more infected person was confirmed in Beijing Hospital.

That "black plague" seems like mutant, spreading through air.

Pneumonic Plague is not a mutation of the Bubonic Plague known as the Black Plague or the Black Death. Neither of these illnesses cant be spread by airborne infection. To contact these plagues you must be in close proximity to someone infected. Another way of infection is to be bitten by infected Flees.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Pneumonic Plague is not a mutation of the Bubonic Plague known as the Black Plague or the Black Death. Neither of these illnesses cant be spread by airborne infection. To contact these plagues you must be in close proximity to someone infected. Another way of infection is to be bitten by infected Flees.

Cultural difference 

Our country categorizes pneumonic plague and bubonic plague in same category.

We also call pneumonic plague as pneumonic Black death Disease.

indeed, you are right, bubonic plague can't be spread by airborne infection.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

Cultural difference 

Our country categorizes pneumonic plague and bubonic plague in same category.

We also call pneumonic plague as pneumonic Black death Disease.

indeed, you are right, bubonic plague can't be spread by airborne infection.

Its not really a cultural difference at all. 

Pneumonic plague is a severe lung infection caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis. Symptoms include fever, headache, shortness of breath, chest pain, and cough. They typically start about three to seven days after exposure. It is one of three forms of plague, the other two being septicemic plague and bubonic plague

Septicemic plague is caused by plague bacteria that grow and spread in the blood. It can result from pneumonic or bubonic plague or it can occur by itself. When it occurs alone, it is caused in the same ways as bubonic Plague. 

The Pneumonic Plague bacteria spread to the lungs or infect the lungs directly when infected-droplets in the air are inhaled. This is the only form of plague that can be transmitted from person to person. Shortness of breath, chest pain, fever, and cough with watery or bloody mucus production are symptoms of pneumonic
plague.

Pneumonic Plague can be spread by an infected person coughing in someone's face, so yes in that respect it is airborne. But if you are not around an infected person you can't catch it from the air.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

OR to breath fecal and urine dust from infected rodents. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Pneumonic plague is a severe lung infection caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis. Symptoms include fever, headache, shortness of breath, chest pain, and cough. They typically start about three to seven days after exposure. It is one of three forms of plague, the other two being septicemic plague and bubonic plague

All three evolved from Yersina pestis and originated among the Yamnaya People ( Proto-Indo Europeans) on the Pontic Caspian Steppe. But they all evolved from the same source and not each other. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

OR to breath fecal and urine dust from infected rodents. 

Yes that very true I should have added that. 

Thanks

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Pneumonic Plague can be spread by an infected person coughing in someone's face, so yes in that respect it is airborne. But if you are not around an infected person you can't catch it from the air.

yes, yes, you are right

our country just uses  one word (공기전염: airborne infection)

we do not separate Aerosol infection and droplet infection culturally.

It seems that I just mistranslated our Korea news.

thank you for your nice advise! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Great Old Man said:

yes, yes, you are right

our country just uses  one word (공기전염: airborne infection)

we do not separate Aerosol infection and droplet infection culturally.

It seems that I just mistranslated our Korea news.

thank you for your nice advise! 

No need to thank me, I was just trying to add to your thread. I like the content you post, and I understand how difficult it can be to translate from one language to another.

Respectfully

• Like 2

Chinese hunter gets bubonic plague after eating a wild rabbit
A Chinese hunter catches the bubonic plague after eating a wild rabbit.

A case of bubonic plague, the disease linked to the Black Death, was reported in China Sunday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/11/18/plague-linked-black-death-found-china-after-hunter-eats-rabbit/4228543002/

• Thanks 1

Seriously though, 28 people who got in contact with him? And those 28 people who got in contact with another 28 & those 28 infected another. How would you quarantine that?

50 minutes ago, AllPossible said:

Seriously though, 28 people who got in contact with him? And those 28 people who got in contact with another 28 & those 28 infected another. How would you quarantine that?

If it's in rural area, it's a lot easier to quarantine.. If a aggressive sickness start spreading in a big developed urban area, it will be really hard to contain. It will travel worldwide in an instant. 

• Like 1

Are people aware that the black plague is still lingering around? I remembervsome years back when my mom had a forest service meeting about how many animals in CA were found with it. It is still a bit more prevalent than this article makes it sound. Maybe 7 people annually get it or so, but the amount of coyote, deer and such carrying it around is much higher.

I was told is just isnt as big a risk anymore because we have more sanitary lifestyles, harder to get.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:40 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I think the name includes "plague" as a reminder of when it was something that caused a plague (people don't know the meaning of words anymore).  Almost every summer a small number of people are diagnosed with what is called Bubonic or pnuemonic plague in this area. (the name depends on the symptoms but I think it has the same cause)   

Bubonic is black plague.

21 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Are people aware that the black plague is still lingering around? I remembervsome years back when my mom had a forest service meeting about how many animals in CA were found with it. It is still a bit more prevalent than this article makes it sound. Maybe 7 people annually get it or so, but the amount of coyote, deer and such carrying it around is much higher.

I was told is just isnt as big a risk anymore because we have more sanitary lifestyles, harder to get.

You are probably too young to have ever seen this but there was a public service announcement radio and television commercials in the Southwest U.S. that went something like "Do NOT Play with a dead animal.  If you find a dead animal alert the authorities or your parents."

Jay Leno became famous for making fun of that commercial, It was hilarious but it had a purpose because people were getting one of 3 different plagues in the south west and this was one of the ways they were getting, a kid finds a dead animal that is contagious and moves it or plays with it then brings the plague home to the family. 

Your mother might remember those commercials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

**Deleted*** double post

Edited by Desertrat56